1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Article Marketing 101

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by MagicRabbi, Mar 15, 2010.

Hi everybody,

Recently discovered this forum, read around, looks good, solid community. So I've decided to bounce a question. I've done some linkbuilding for the first time and the results aren't that good, as in I haven't hit google top 100. But I see here there's a lot of effort going into article marketing.
    Can you give me some pointers on how to do some quality article marketing? I mean, how many instances of your keywords do you use, do you 'spin' the articles and submit them on other sites? I don't know, I guess I could use some basic guidelines.

Thanks,
    MR

MagicRabbi, Mar 15, 2010 IP
  2. JimGee

JimGee Member

Best Answers:
    One often overlooked factor is time.......some claim immediate results with articles while most will say it takes some time....
    Have not read a definite time frame.....

The spin question is dicey, some spun articles are garbage....will not get readers, thus no traffic (which helps ranking) or even may end up getting dumped from moderated sites...

Lately the keyword issue (related to Google) is somewhat in limbo.......many are tending to lean more strongly towards relevant content and use a keyword title and light keyword usage in the first paragraph.....

Hope that is of some help...:)

JimGee, Mar 15, 2010 IP
  3. FreeCashTube

FreeCashTube Peon

Best Answers:
    You need time and patient. Typically you want your main keyword(s) to be 3-5% of your overall article. Make sure that your article is 300-600 words and ensure that there is no spelling or grammar mistakes within your articles. Hope this helps.

FreeCashTube, Mar 15, 2010 IP
  4. thebitbotdotcom

thebitbotdotcom Peon

Best Answers:
    Here is a tutorial that I made. It is my first, but I hope it helps. Let me know if there is anyway I can help.

Article Marketing Tutorial

thebitbotdotcom, Mar 15, 2010 IP
  5. MagicRabbi

MagicRabbi Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your replies, and thanks for the video tutorial thebitdotdotcom.

I have a friend who hired somebody to put up some articles, and because of them his rankings went down. Basically after he removed those articles, his site rankings improved. Any thoughts on that one?

MagicRabbi, Mar 16, 2010 IP
  6. dseisner

dseisner Peon

Best Answers:
    Article marketing should be done for traffic, not for one link. Why would you write so many words just for one link? Also, you should familiarize yourself with a link wheel technique that does not leave a huge footprint like Sean Donohoe's "link magnet." The only way article marketing even makes sense is if you are going to get the article itself to rank well. Otherwise, it may just be a big waste of time.

dseisner, Mar 16, 2010 IP
  7. JosephSEO

JosephSEO Peon

Best Answers:
    Very good advice here, just what I do, 3-5% or so.... and 450 words. And always be original or mostly original.

JosephSEO, Mar 16, 2010 IP
  8. Excel 8

Excel 8 Guest

Best Answers:
    I place my site links in the author or resources box, I just put the text keyword on the article body 3 times...

Excel 8, Mar 16, 2010 IP
  9. daones

daones Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    dont overstuff your keywords in the articles someone mentioned 3-5% i think that is too much, even the king of article directories has a 2.0% limit (ezinearticles). Just take the time to write the article read it and re-read it make sure there arent mistakes and try to use links in the resource box that are relevant to the article. If you can try to write new articles at least once a week.. Submit them to a top article site and you can even take it a step further and social bookmark the article that is published.

daones, Mar 16, 2010 IP
  10. hotelier

hotelier Peon

Best Answers:
    Here's a tip, if you cannot get your site ranked. Backlink to your article extensively. As the article will be on a trusted domain like ezinearticles, goarticles, etc. then you can get it ranked much easier than your site IF your site is having trouble getting ranked. If your site is not having trouble, than always do backlinks to your site first as if your article is ranking high, great, but not everyone will click through to your site. But obviously if you get them to your site than you don't have to worry about that.

hotelier, Mar 16, 2010 IP
  11. Traffic-Bug

Traffic-Bug Active Member

Best Answers:
    Article marketing needs time and patience, for it to work you need to write good quality informative articles and submit them to multiple article directories (using spinning if need be). Then you will get backlinks and possible traffic to your website from them as these article directories are highly ranked in the eyes of the search engines.

Traffic-Bug, Mar 16, 2010 IP
  12. indiadesign

indiadesign Member

Best Answers:
    Submit your articles in free article directories.

indiadesign, Mar 16, 2010 IP
  13. bisnisonline

bisnisonline Peon

Best Answers:
    use UAW for article submission, it is damn good

bisnisonline, Mar 18, 2010 IP