1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Domain Name Effect on SEO?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by kiranhere, Mar 2, 2010.

can any explain about the Domain Name Effect on SEO?

kiranhere, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  2. seo555

seo555 Peon

Best Answers:
    yes domain name is more and more effect on site ranking and SERP. If you have domain like xyz and your keywords also xyz, buy xyz so purchse domain www.xyz.com or www.buyxyz.com so it more helpful and beneficial for you

seo555, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  3. seo.mrugesh

seo.mrugesh Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, If ur domain name is seo friendly then it will help u to increase ur Ranking SERP's.

seo.mrugesh, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  4. TimothyJohn

TimothyJohn Member

Best Answers:
    Domains like .com, .net and .org rank better then yoursite.co.tk and yoursite.somesite.com

TimothyJohn, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  5. tankard

tankard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Register "you-long-keyword.com" if you want a quick top rank in Yahoo. Google, although considers the url, doesn't pay too much attention, therefore a nicely optimized old "whatever.com" will always outrank a brand new "you-long-keyword.com"

I agree. Register .co.tk, co.cc or .info if you want to be considered a spammer :D LOL

tankard, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  6. Recruitment Nick

Recruitment Nick Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To a degree I echo tankard, correctly SEO'd sites can and will outrank an exact domain. BUT I do think Google pay a lot of attention to exact domains. I have been creating niche adsense/amazon sites for awhile now and it is very easy to rank in the top 10 for a keyword when you have the EXACT domain - whether it is .com/net/org etc hasn't mattered in my experience.

It gets harder to auto rank without SEO efforts the more you add. For example adding hyphens between the keywords "key-word.com" makes it far harder to rank quickly than keyword.com

It is not essential for exact domains as SEO will play a part, a solid backlinking strategy coupled with top quality on page SEO will get you outranking exact domains most of the time. But if both were to have exactly the same strategy then the exact domain would win 99% of the time.

Recruitment Nick, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  7. flammableeye

flammableeye Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree completely with the above reply. Exact domains are great for ranking but only coupled with SEO as you will get outranked by other domains with SEO.

flammableeye, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  8. Warner

Warner Active Member

Best Answers:
    To my mind such domain name as .com is always SEO-friendly!

Warner, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  9. webmaster16.com

webmaster16.com Peon

Best Answers:
    yes domain name is also effect seo

webmaster16.com, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  10. HighScore

HighScore Peon

Best Answers:
    Same opinion as @Nick here. Exact domain names rank way better than xxx-xxx.com. I dont think anyone uses .co.tk/.co.cc any more.

HighScore, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  11. biztrendz

biztrendz Member

Best Answers:
    Domain names definitely effect SERPs but directories/sub-folder can also be used to place keywords

In my opinion, it mostly depends on your SEO strategy to stay on top search engine ranking.

biztrendz, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  12. pmaro

pmaro Peon

Best Answers:
    It's unfair as my competitor has the exact keyword in his name and has outranked me even though the site has a lower page rank, lower Alexa, less unique content.

I have to work much harder on my SEO.

I have noticed that keywords in sub folder do help though...

pmaro, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  13. Richard TJ

Richard TJ Member

Best Answers:
    Domain names do have some relevance to SEO, but not in the way you think. It's all about the links pointing to your site and the fact that people who want to talk about a site will post the domain, which may just contain relevant keywords- that's all. Google, Yahoo, MSN don't take a domain name into account when ranking a site. As for .com, .net etc, they don't rank better than .co.uk etc. If you're searching google.com, they rank better. Do a non geographic search it ranks better, but chances are whoever's looking for a specific site will do a geographic search

Richard TJ, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  14. Richard TJ

Richard TJ Member

Best Answers:
    and to be perfectly honest with you, once you've done all you can with the SEO on a site, you'll find the only competitors beating you are those with an older domain .

Richard TJ, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  15. Recruitment Nick

Recruitment Nick Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If that were the case how come exact domains end up ranking with next to no backlinking? As in one or 2 backlinks. Onpage SEO can only get you so far

Recruitment Nick, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  16. doitup

doitup Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with most of what was said before. I think it's important to have a .com and fewer "-" for user credibility. As said before, when trying to rank for longtail keywords, the domain can help. Whether you have a domain that has the keyword you are targeting or not, nothing beats correct onpage SEO coupled with proper backlinking and offpage SEO. Like everyone has said though, the domain does affect things, but it is not the most important aspect of SEO.

doitup, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  17. unknownpray

unknownpray Active Member

Best Answers:
    If there is keyword in Domain name, then its would be really good

unknownpray, Mar 13, 2010 IP
  18. jg123

jg123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    RichardTJ touched on the main reason keywords in a domain name help, simply because a lot of time you will get a link back using the actual domain name. I am also starting to believe that Google might be giving some extra attention to domain names that have keywords directly related to the websites content. With the large influx of folks buying dropped domains in the past couple of years it would make sense that google gave more weight to a games site called GamePlayersWorld.com than to a games site on some dropped domain called DemocratsGo2007.com

jg123, Mar 13, 2010 IP
  19. bisnisonline

bisnisonline Peon

Best Answers:
    exact keyword for domain name is the best

bisnisonline, Mar 18, 2010 IP
  20. kalpana.allu

kalpana.allu Peon

Best Answers:
    in terms of product marketing the domain name effects.no need to worry about this.

kalpana.allu, Mar 18, 2010 IP