1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Official Cpalead.com - General Discussion / Network Performance

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by CPALeadTroy, Oct 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CPALeadTroy

CPALeadTroy Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    The survey consists of a variety of questions. The user will need to answer these questions and say yes or no to the products offered to them. At the end of the quiz, the advertisers will reward based upon the information entered by the end user. Typically, about 1 out of 4 applicants are accepted (20-30% conversion rate).

CPALeadTroy, Mar 17, 2010 IP
  2. ponpulla

ponpulla Peon

Best Answers:
    ^^^ Then If only 1 out 4 surveys completed are actually getting counted. then wont they be stuck on the widget and denied acces even though they succesfully completed the survey but didnt get credited

ponpulla, Mar 17, 2010 IP
  3. irule272

irule272 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Troy an example of what I'm talking about is this gamehouse offer. I tried it and it redirect me to their website with no instructions on what to do next. It's really confusing especially if your visitors is not computer/internet literate.

irule272, Mar 17, 2010 IP
  4. balkanboy82

balkanboy82 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you excuse me Mr. CPALEADTroy (sorry don't know your real name),

Before you call me competitor nework employee like you call everyone who complains here and before "Cpalead rocks fan group" starts spitting on me...

Earnings and EPC are constantly dropping lately and that is a fact. I am making significant amount and not complaining about few $ here.

Today I had my EPC dropped from 0.16 to 0.08 - same traffic, same websites, same surveys - all same.

I don't know if you are shaving or not, but I had these assumptions on my mind few times and I am not surprised other people did too.

Regardles of that, I have several suggestions/questions/reasons for drop.

1. I know you optimise your surveys based on complate network performance and push ones that makes you most money, but looks like you have very much different niches and every time you make some move like that you hit someone big time. This could be very reasonable reason for complaints.

2. You should pay attention to some surveys with logical approach. For example I noticed drop in conversions of "Which Avatar character are you" which makes sense as movie is old news now. Maybe you couldn find some other thing now.

3. I would also suggest you to make that survey formula and epc stats on surveys list personalised. I compared epc of my surveys and epc from surveys list and it is really different. Why should I use network based sorting for my own results?

4. Mobile phone offers (10$ ones) are very risky business. Esecialy when user don't get anything after he completes one of those. I suggest you to take more attention to fake content websites.

5. Also, reputation of "free access" with cpalead is very much ruined with these mobile offers. Ofcourse, everyone likes 0.30-0.50 epc from these, but CPALead websites now bare the mark of paid content websites. I saw this from my visitors comments on some websites that send me traffic - "Don't go there, it's asking for mobile number and payment" type of comments.
    IQ offer is very well set up to take people's money and we all like it, but we can hit them only ones and they will spread the word about it and kill more and more leads.
    I would prefer constant 0.20 epc leads than few months boom and than zip.
    Maybe it is time to get rid of these now and keep lower but more constant income, which would bring everyone more money at the end imo. It's not too late.

And please don't tell me I can disable mobile offers, as it makes no difference while everybody is running it.

My post is probably going to be ignored because I have light green username here, but that's normal on DP. If you are not spamming DP daily, you are automaticly considered noob or someones duplicate account made for some purpose - which is definitely not the case here.

Thanks for reading

balkanboy82, Mar 17, 2010 IP
  5. webmoney

webmoney Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice suggestions bakanboy... good that you think globaly about whole network... I am sure CPAlead wants to achieve everyone happiness.

webmoney, Mar 17, 2010 IP
  6. CPALeadTroy

Best Answers:
    way to show disrespect for cpalead lol..... and why would they answer your question? you just insulted troy saying hes falsely accusing people. did it ever occur to you that troy knows more about whats going on in this thread than you do? he has been reading and replying for over a year.

i have actively seen cpaleads competition and ppl trying to earn commission from competing networks post on here under different user names saying things that arent true to get ppl to switch

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2010
  7. Num Lock

Num Lock Active Member

Best Answers:
    Never seen so much hate towards a network.

CPALead is definitely doing something right!

Num Lock, Mar 17, 2010 IP
  8. Wonderme

Wonderme Peon

Best Answers:
    ViralExodus - I know you are trying to help CPAlead out here...and I admire that. I do. I am a fan and loyal publisher of Cpalead myself. But it's not helping them to attack other forum members like this. People have a right to complain. These complaints are valid. It doesn't mean Cpalead is a bad network. It just means they need to be addressed. Or at the very least - acknowledged.

Troy - as you know I had written a post several weeks when I was VERY upset about the drop in my earnings. I quickly deleted it because I knew that some of it was just me blowing off steam. And I'm not out to make you guys look bad. I'm not out promoting some other network - I trust you guys like no other when it comes to payments. And quite frankly, even if I could be making more elsewhere - I am very uneasy that I would actually see a check.

Here's the thing - your network is clearly having some issues. There has been a major drop in conversions with far too many people for you to deny it any longer. I honestly don't believe you are shaving. I think that this is a crappy time as things are evolving in the industry very quickly. I think you guys have little control over the survey structure. If this is what the advertisers are giving you - I don't assume you are in the position to demand changes like many others seem to.

And I understand you are probaby overwhelmed with what is quickly turning into a mini-PR disaster for you. But it is not a good idea to be intimidating people with possible legal action for libel or slander - when you know that legally that argument doesn't hold up. It's nothing more than people bitching and complaining. Welcome to the world wide web! (I am referring to DP only - I don't know about other places)

Of course, I don't think some of these people are being smart either - they shouldn't be linking to another network. It's stupid - their referral earnings won't even be good, most networks pay out way less anyway...and it takes away from the complaint's validity.

Troy - major brands and corporations deal with these issues all the time. Take a lesson from them. Look at the recent Toyota debalce - car companies have recalls all the time. Majority of them are a blip in the news. Why is this so huge for them? Because they DENIED the problem for so long. Consumers wanted acknowledgement and now they are outraged. Another example, look at Virgin's recent fiasco. They screwed up. And were rude about it. Customers flipped out and they got embarrassed. Then they apologized, acknowledged their wrong doing, and life will move on happily ever after for them. I could go on and on with examples.

My point is - acknowleging that you guys currently are in a rough spot - that is affecting, not all, but some publishers...would be the right thing to do. Many of the people experiencing a drop in earnings are still hanging in there...hoping it's just a bump in the road. You have an extremely loyal following...and rightfully so! So, trust me on this - as someone with a professional PR background - acknowledge it. It will not only do far less damage to your image over the long haul, but it will help it. People naturally prefer to be compassionate - you just have to nudge them in that direction.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
    Wonderme, Mar 17, 2010 IP
  9. HagakureSamurai

HagakureSamurai Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    maybe for you and your website but not for me, mine are actually going up, there are probably alot of people still in the tv/movie niche that still havent thought out of the box yet and have bad traffic, id never believe anything anyone says here or in the chat room its not a real gauge on how cpalead is doing as a whole, only it says that a select few are having bad times, and that sucks for them man, but stop blaming cpalead for your problems, if u spent as much time on your own website as u do trolling these threads youd be making real money like us

HagakureSamurai, Mar 17, 2010 IP
  10. CPALeadTroy

Best Answers:
    BalkanBoy82 - Despite the context you used in your post, I do read and take into consideration all suggestions from all publishers big or small. Thank you for your suggestions. I hope your earnings get better!

Wonderme - Our traffic is up 60% this month. The only problem we're having, is that a few users want free surveys to convert at 100%. These offers are simply not available in the incentive CPA industry. All of our loyal users are not loyal to us because of me or false statements as others suggest, but because our payouts and conversions exceed all other networks. They get really great results. It's hard to do damage control when our offers are converting better than ever before, our traffic is growing, and our higher paying offers are reaching EPCs never seen before in the industry. There is no damage to repair. If you have experienced a drop in conversions recently, it is probably due to your traffic. Our network wide stats are astonishing compared to previous months.

We are making an upgrade to our survey placement formula that should help target better performing offers, which may help some of you. We are also releasing another tool that will help publishers monetize lower quality content for those of you who have poor conversions from users clicking on the survey and realizing your content is not worth completing a survey for to obtain. There are also additional changes that we are making that are currently under wraps, but they will make our conversion rates and EPCs EVEN HIGHER than they are now.

11. ponpulla

ponpulla Peon

Best Answers:
    say what you want about cpalead but i honestly think they one of the best cpa out their. if you expect to 100% conversion your crazy. 100 percent of your visitors dont saty on your site. think about that.

ponpulla, Mar 17, 2010 IP
  12. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    i dont think any one expects 100% conversion all every1 expects is that if a person fills a survey the content should be available to the person who filled it i get many emails saying they are facing issues filling survey

Bohra, Mar 17, 2010 IP
  13. CPALeadTroy

Best Answers:
    I agree with you. I think you're right. However, the way this industry works with freebie offers, it does not happen that way. All advertisers have their requirements, which is why we put advertisers with the least restrictions (highest conversion rates) in the top placement on our widgets. This forces other advertisers to either lessen their restrictions, or lose traffic.

14. janmck

janmck Peon

Best Answers:
    are surveys available to the Philippines? I guess not... :(

janmck, Mar 18, 2010 IP
  15. aljurians

aljurians Member

Best Answers:
    there was this survey like webfetti...

and i did download it and install ..i dont if thats a virus like loudmo..

but i did.but it doesnt still unlock the gateway..how to unlock it if the

survay are installers

aljurians, Mar 18, 2010 IP
  16. metronome

metronome Active Member

Best Answers:
    Okay, I see that AAN is finally open for application, but I have hard time getting applied! it keeps telling me that I entered wrong CAPTCHA while there is none of it.....please help

EDIT: OOPS! I have been approved of application! Thanks jeremy, but you should really take a look into this CAPTCHA not showing problem:(

metronome, Mar 18, 2010 IP
  17. nakama30

nakama30 Guest

Best Answers:
    can anyone get the cpalead plugin to work, i have installed it on several WP blogs but don't seem to get it to work :/

nakama30, Mar 18, 2010 IP
  18. dhpd22

dhpd22 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah I agree with you. I got the similar problem but now my account approved by Jeremy.

dhpd22, Mar 18, 2010 IP
  19. webmoney

webmoney Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    where exactly did you install it? Can you provide URL also?

webmoney, Mar 18, 2010 IP
  20. hiprano

hiprano Peon

Best Answers:
    The payouts for surveys from CPALead are lower than other networks.

hiprano, Mar 18, 2010 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.