1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do blog posts harm to SERP?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by DASHBOY, Mar 16, 2010.

Hi Guys,

Recently, One of my friend told me that, If I post unique and fresh content on my blogs and get one backlink to a main site, That will harm to my site(in the words of Google). He further said that, Google will sandbox my site if I follow up such a method to get backlinks. Is that true? I suspect that may be a SEO myth. Is it?

Let me know. :)

Thanks.

DASHBOY, Mar 16, 2010 IP
  2. jj1

jj1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not a seo expert by any means, but if you read wikipedia they say sandbox is triggered by placing links to a NEW site from sites you already own.

I don't know enough to argue with this but I do know that I recently had a site that had NO inbound links from any source (the custoemr wanted it to be kept low profile for a long time) and was on p7-8 for 7 months, then suddenly rose up to p1 and is now no 1 for most terms (with few links). That is, this site went through a sandbox period without the inbound links.

I would guess to get your links to appear natural get links from lots of different sources, prs, dofollow/nofollow, mix of anchor text etc.

jj1, Mar 16, 2010 IP
  3. sherone

sherone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sandbox is not working now. If you get backlink from the fresh content definitely it can improve your PR and ranking.

sherone, Mar 16, 2010 IP
  4. kumar.seo5

kumar.seo5 Peon

Best Answers:
    From my exp it is not a way to send your site at sandbox.

kumar.seo5, Mar 16, 2010 IP
  5. mainstreetcm

mainstreetcm Peon

Best Answers:
    So what if I keep getting back links from one website? For example I started a new website last sunday and I've been making my blog rounds commenting and such. However, now my site explorer indicates that I have links from posts that I never commented on. I discovered that at the bottom of this website there is a "recent posts" box and my link is in that box (because of a post I made). So within a week I now have 44 inlinks reporting in yahoo site explorer. Is this going to get me sandboxed?

mainstreetcm, Mar 16, 2010 IP
  6. lakelandprinting

lakelandprinting Peon

Best Answers:
    I use a blog to send internal deep links to all of my vehicles, and believe me..it works. I don't just do it for one, I do it for many.

lakelandprinting, Mar 16, 2010 IP
  7. dseisner

dseisner Peon

Best Answers:
    That's not a myth. A myth that is something that is circulated as truth. What your friend is saying is just ridiculous. So far from a myth because I've never heard anybody but him say it. Google loves content. When you add content to your blog, that is a good thing. When you add backlinks, that is a good thing. However, whether or not any of these things will increase your ranking for a specific keyword really depends on how you do it.

dseisner, Mar 16, 2010 IP
  8. daones

daones Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ive never heard of this, in my opinion many webmasters have their main site and a blog to go along with it, and 90% of the time the blog will link to the main site as that would just make sense.

daones, Mar 16, 2010 IP
  9. hotelier

hotelier Peon

Best Answers:
    I am not sure I understand the first question quite as I should, I guess? You are saying you make a blog post on a subdomain and then link to the main domain from that blog post? I see no reason why this is a bad thing, people do it all the time. I have heard SEO experts advising this as a good thing to do. Perhaps I misunderstand. Even if you are talking about linking from one site to the other, see no reason at all why this would be bad, bloggers do it all the time and do you think it hurts the unaffiliated site they link to? Not at all.

hotelier, Mar 16, 2010 IP
  10. Traffic-Bug

Traffic-Bug Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would say quite the opposite. Adding fresh and good quality content will only improve your search engine positioning and rankings. It is probably a SEO myth,.

Traffic-Bug, Mar 16, 2010 IP
  11. whitehatexpert

whitehatexpert Peon

Best Answers:
    Well Said... I completely agree with daones.. I also have a blog and i am linking my blog posts to my main website and getting backlinks from there. So don't worry about that this method will not harm your SERP.

whitehatexpert, Mar 16, 2010 IP
  12. seo555

seo555 Peon

Best Answers:
    i think good not penalized you

seo555, Mar 16, 2010 IP
  13. Sherinseo

Sherinseo Peon

Best Answers:
    I think your friend really given you a crap idea!!!!
    As for seo the main facts are Unique content and the figures the number of backlinks....As many blogs you have and as many backlinks you have through blogging sites will really help to get better SERP Rankings...
    And yes google will penalize you if and only if u make duplicate content and make a junk of backlinks...It becomes spamming i.e the black hat techniques...Beware of this!!!..

A good seo can analyse the number of links required for the website and the perfection of backlinks!!>..Never worry about your friends words..You are in the right track till now...keep going buddy..

Sherinseo, Mar 17, 2010 IP
  14. lucygray

lucygray Guest

Best Answers:
    Blog do not harm SERP ,if you are posting unique and fresh content even it will increase your PR

lucygray, Mar 17, 2010 IP
  15. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The answer is NO.
    Blog with "fresh content" will only help your site
    The only blog will send your website to sandbox is those blog farm, which is all copy/rubbish content

lifeplayer, Mar 17, 2010 IP
  16. racheldcooley

racheldcooley Peon

Best Answers:
    As I understood that you are making blogs similar like linkwheel (without complete the wheel), if it, then I think not to be great trouble.

racheldcooley, Mar 18, 2010 IP
  17. sousen

sousen Active Member

Best Answers:
    No it;s will not harm you even it is Good method to get back link and it will help your SERP rank high as well your keywords popularity and high page rank it;s organic method

sousen, Mar 18, 2010 IP
  18. monishka

monishka Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello Friend,

According to my experience blog is not harmful for our website , i am getting good back links from blog, and i also want to give you advice that do not stop blog creation, you will get good back links.

monishka, Mar 18, 2010 IP
  19. zk5182

zk5182 Active Member

Best Answers:
    He has no clue about SEO ...this will not harm your blog

zk5182, Mar 18, 2010 IP
  20. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Answer is no and will never be. How could new blog post with a unique one could harm your site? It does not make any senses, even if you put link in the content to homepage. That is called "internal linking" and as long as you don't do it too much your site would be safe.

Sxperm, Mar 18, 2010 IP