1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Reasons for G's banning spree

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by The_FoX, Sep 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hey guys,

Owing to the recent BANNING SPREE by Google here are some facts i found.

- Many DP revenue sharing members have been banned.
    - Many "experts" who preached Google TOS and followed them like The Bible, were banned.
    - It all happens on a month end (Remember companys are always on a deadlinie at monthend.)
    - It happens(alleged) once when you cross a decent margin of revenue
    - There are reasons like - "Relation with another banned account" apart from the most used and abused "invalid clicks".
    - Google has hired new AdWord/AdSense(GAS) Representatives

And these are some resons i thik should attribute to the BANNING:-

- These newly hired AdSense/AdWord representatives are on some kinda deadline with their targets (of banning sites.)
    - Google is trying to get FREE advertising by banning sites at the month end and promising to give back the Advertisers cost(which in most cases they havent.) even thought they can easily trace any fraud site earlier.
    - Google algorithm is floppy.

I'm sure everyone will not agree with me. But i'll be glad to see if anybody thinks similar.

The_FoX, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  2. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    "It happens(alleged) once when you cross a decent margin of revenue".

Nonsense.

qwestcommunications, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  3. Telmari

Telmari Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is interesting, and a bit concerning if it's really true, and that they never did anything against the TOS (and program policies).

Telmari, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  4. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Posted by Fox: "It happens(alleged) once when you cross a decent margin of revenue".

If that were the case. what would be the point of this whole adsense program?

qwestcommunications, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  5. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    You keep saying they have quotas...Where are you getting that from? That makes absolutely no sense.

I would also take issue with "Banning Spree"...There has been no increase in bans or threads on bans here at DP (If you don't count the daily ban threads started by you). Perhaps you are only noticing them because you were recently banned yourself.

yfs1, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  6. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    No word from Google on this yet - someone ought to get on to them about it.

Or someone who earns 6 figures from AdSense with some balls and a popular blog should create a publicity hell on earth for Google out of the whole situation by stating AdSense is evil and declare AdSense removed from all of their websites due to the ill treatment and blatent disregard of honest publishers.

There is little point in anyone of us continueing with AdSense when these bans occur and honest publishers aren't able to get re-instated via the appeals process. I have no idea what Google are playing at but someone needs to kick them in the balls.

The person I'm thinking of knows who they are and you know it makes sense to your wallet in any case. Get the ball rolling!

Of course, I'm living in a fantasy.

Pete

GADOOD, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  7. Rasputin

Rasputin Peon

Best Answers:
    I also am concerned that there may be a problem with the 'banning' algorithm, given some of the stories we have heard from members here who certainly seem very unlikely to be involved...

but...

certainly sounds completely implausible

My guess would be that some kind of click attack could be taking place, perhaps even here at DP, possibly even accidentally - there have been a lot of newcomers asking how much they can make from adsense at DP in recent weeks, and some may think it a good idea to click on lots of ads.

There are also many bans that are almost certainly justified, and are trying to get carried along with the 'problem' cases.

Rasputin, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  8. dbonline

dbonline Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    this is a very touchy subject. I don't want to take sides, as I am still new to the entire Adsense scene, but in all the years I've followed stories on Google, they seem pretty legit to me and I cannot even vision them banning someone w/out a good reason or reasons.

dbonline, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  9. E8MC

E8MC Peon

Best Answers:
    I gave up on AdSense a long time ago, and switched to * http://adsvert.com/ *

E8MC, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  10. yfs1

Best Answers:
    By the way, I might start supporting this DP rev share gets you banned movement. My rev share has been going up every week..lol

yfs1, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  11. venturefox

venturefox Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I've just removed my own publisher ID from DP and I dont think i'll be using it again, I post in some of these "banned by adsense" threads and I wouldent want any (stupid) google bot to associate my account with that sort of content. They all seem to be filled with "invalid click" discussion and I can easily see an automated crawler bot getting mistaken.

venturefox, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  12. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay, okay, we get it, you were banned from Adsense and now you think Adsense is evil. Sheesh. Move on with life already. :rolleyes:

jackburton2006, Sep 7, 2006 IP
    yfs1 likes this.
  13. yfs1

Best Answers:
    It should be noted that

1.) The_Fox starts a similar thread to this nearly every day
    2.) He doesn't actually have a website (He only uses blogspot)
    3.) He has in the past not only stated that a good way to make AdSense money is to go to internet cafes where the IP address is different and click on your own ads but encouraged others to try the same thing

Take it all with a grain of salt but as an AdWords advertiser I actually take comfort in the fact that people like The_Fox are banned on a regular basis.

This daily moaning about a program he pretends to "not care about" is just painful

yfs1, Sep 7, 2006 IP
    jackburton2006 and jaybong like this.
  14. heinlein99

heinlein99 Peon

Best Answers:
    The money quote.

heinlein99, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  15. The_FoX

The_FoX Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with you YFS - u are true on all those points.

But i dont think its a bad idea to start questioning things. and im not surprised to see many people doing it these days - many who thought they wud never have.

its just a matter of facing it - i would be glad if G answered all my questions.
    BUt since they never bothered, i guess a discussion group is the right pace to be - with the "so called" experts like you.

i never get an answer - but only some - "u loser move away - lets make a fortune" kinda comments. sad.

Please do not get irritated with the threads - its not intentional my friend.

Cheers!

The_FoX, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  16. Ganceann

Ganceann Peon

Best Answers:
    The only problem I see with the threads is that they gain more followers as 'innocent publishers' get banned as well as blatant abusers.

The biggest problem is that there are still 1000s of adsense abusers that go left untouched even after several TOS violations are reported against them - hence the doubt arises over the banning algorithm.

Some questions that do need clarifying from Google are:

1) Do automatically detected violations via the 'banned algorithm' get checked by a human?
    - If they are checked by a human, what income threshold needs to be achieved to 'warrant' a human check?
    - How do TOS reported websites stay in the adsense programme for months or why do they not get banned?
    - Is there an income level that needs to be reached before a ban would be imposed?
    - If an income level exists, why wait instead of imposing a ban sooner?

2) How can webmasters prevent their publisher ID from being abused as it is out of their control effectively?
    - Someone had suggested to implement a webmaster panel in the adsense account to be able to list permitted domains to run adverts using their adsense ID - could something like this be implemented to help webmasters protect their account?

3) If webmasters are being accused of fraud, should they not be entitled to know 'something' about it - not revealing propriety information, but webmasters should be able to find out the 'main' cause for their banning so they can look at taking legal procedings against the culprit (a possible landmark case if this were implemented)

That is just a few questions that remain unanswered, there are obviously loads more questions but I, like many webmasters, are starting to grow weary of how Google handles things and it creates too much uncertainty to have much confidence in investing time into any projects involving adsense - it has certainly left me not wanting to click any adsense adverts in google search results as maybe I could be inadvertently contributing to 'clickfraud' on another webmaster if I subsequently clicked on the same advert in someone elses site on the same day or week etc.

Ganceann, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  17. wentworth

wentworth Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes. Do you think people are going to bite the hand that feeds them?

wentworth, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  18. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Even the mighty Adsense has limited resources. They are just human and they not only make mistakes, but they can't do everything quickly enough to your satisfaction. Don't rely solely on them for your revenue stream, and you'll never have to care if they ban you for whatever reason.

jackburton2006, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  19. The_FoX

The_FoX Peon

Best Answers:
    I'll take that point my friend.

The_FoX, Sep 8, 2006 IP
  20. nita_nitd

nita_nitd Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ya we can understand it. :D

But the algorithms don’t understand it :p . They have a set of if & else conditions. If you breach any of the rules of TOS they‘ll ban you, so plz don’t get irritated. :p :p

Hope U understand.

nita_nitd, Sep 8, 2006 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.