1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Sandbox FAQ

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by aaron_nimocks, Apr 3, 2006.

1. cwwallis

cwwallis Peon

Best Answers:
    Is it smart to continue building links to these strong keywords while in the "sandbox"

Curt

cwwallis, Feb 14, 2010 IP
  2. dinesh.gene

dinesh.gene Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i got some good info from here...thanks

dinesh.gene, Feb 22, 2010 IP
  3. mistersomeone

mistersomeone Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks buddy :)

mistersomeone, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  4. Sweely

Sweely Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Oh, I am so happy right now! I have a website that is ranking for keywords such as "penis enlargement" and "get a bigger penis". It used to be in the sandbox, but earlier today - it got out! I am now ranking #3-5 for all the keywords.

Sweely, Mar 10, 2010 IP
  5. tonton0192

tonton0192 Peon

Best Answers:
    i think i've been sandboxed too.

tonton0192, Mar 11, 2010 IP
  6. dmtaylor247

dmtaylor247 Guest

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately I am stuck there :(

I have to add that I disagree with the commerial side of keywords. Yes my keyword is commercial it has the word "sell" in it, but all of my posts, which are also commercial rank top 10 for their keywords, it just seems to be my mainpage that is taking the pounding, my posts no matter what they are about get some credit and they are mostly for transactional related queries, but the traffic is minimal, Its like I have to write thousands of posts to get the traffic, but then you realise why would Google give the credit to a site with no content?, its almost like its about the quality you can provide to people searching for you, if you have a new site with 10 pages then your bounce rate is going to be high and I think that this is also something to consider - how much time people spend on your site. I've never had over 150 visits per day. Just recentely I've noticed some of my pages coming out for some really competitive keywords, but I rank on the 6 page so there is alot of work to do...

dmtaylor247, Mar 14, 2010 IP
  7. gordiano

gordiano Peon

Best Answers:
    Thankyou for the informations..
    Nice..

gordiano, Mar 14, 2010 IP
  8. mercava

mercava Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for this useful information..

mercava, Mar 16, 2010 IP
  9. mth30

mth30 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for tihs helping information

mth30, Mar 16, 2010 IP
  10. Box9Design

Box9Design Peon

Best Answers:
    How long were you in the 'box' Sweely?

Box9Design, Mar 16, 2010 IP
  11. Box9Design

Box9Design Peon

Best Answers:
    Oy, I have been searching for answers as to why a couple of new sites were NOWHERE on Google even when I searched for ALL of their keywords. This notion of an 'automatic' penalty period sucks. I guess the web has come to the point where we're all assumed to be 'putting one over' on Google. Interesting that I looked for answers on another webmaster forum and no one mentioned the sandbox effect. The only advice I got was that I didn't have enough backlinks. My thought was hey, if Google wants 'natural' building...who would attract massive backlinks for a brand new website promoting pony rides for kids?

At least now I feel like I can relax a bit, and not feel like my site has been penalized for blackhat seo practices.

Thanks for the important information

Box9Design, Mar 16, 2010 IP
  12. dannyvalentino

dannyvalentino Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't say I've noticed being sandboxed either but then there was a period of a few months when my site didnt get much traffic!!!!

dannyvalentino, Mar 17, 2010 IP
  13. Mihai15

Mihai15 Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice thanks

Mihai15, Mar 20, 2010 IP
  14. Sweely

Sweely Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I was in the sandbox for about 6 months. I then added 20 pages of content and built a lot of backlinks. I then started ranking #2 and #3 for my keywords, but now - my website is gone from the SERP again...

Sweely, Mar 21, 2010 IP
  15. gasura

gasura Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's demoralizing to hear buddy... I launched a new site about 2 months ago and have been optimizing a competitive kw plus other long-tail ones. I run my ranking check as usual today and ranking for ALL keywords (including the long-tail not competitive ones) are gone; vanished into thin air. That's a big blow to me since I've worked hard these 2 months, slow-pacing my link building so that it looks natural, rising in ranks for my competitive keyword phrase every week. The last I checked it was on page 6 already. Now all gone...

Wonder if I should keep optimizing those keywords or choose those that have miserable searches. But then again if G only targets competitive keywords then what happened to all my long tail keywords? I don't understand... Gonna have to persevere, keep building and see if I can get out of the sandbox. This is really frustrating.. putting effort in something that you're not even sure if you'll get any returns. ARGH!

gasura, Mar 21, 2010 IP
  16. Sweely

Sweely Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You will get it in return buddy. Keep adding content and building backlinks... it will pay off!

Sweely, Mar 22, 2010 IP
  17. gasura

gasura Active Member

Best Answers:
    Lastest update, after 48hrs or more my website seems to have escaped the 'sandbox'. Maybe it was the G dance, or maybe it was indeed in the sandbox but G recognized it as an established website. Don't understand at all... Anyway all is good in the hood now, hope it remains positive. Fingers crossed!

gasura, Mar 22, 2010 IP
  18. rakesh.gupta1974

rakesh.gupta1974 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have transfered my website from one registrar to other registrar 5 months ago and my website was in the sandbox about an year ago when I was registered through old registrar. Now after 5 months of transfering my domain again I feel that my site is again in the sandbox. I have tested that my sites pages are indexed (even increased) but search rank for my primary keywords has been lost. Please tell me is it possible that any site can go second time in the sandbox because of changing registrar?

rakesh.gupta1974, Apr 6, 2010 IP
  19. tradermike888@hotmail.com

tradermike888@hotmail.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the info.....this is terrible though. I don't wanna be sandboxed.

20. Mihai15

Mihai15 Peon

Best Answers:
    wow..my site is there for about 5 weeks

Mihai15, Apr 15, 2010 IP