1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do you get rid of a domain that is infringing on a trademark ?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by haaaaaaaaa!, Mar 14, 2010.

6 months ago, I was new to the domain thing and I registered a domain that is flagrantly infriging on a trademark, what should I do ? is it OK to try to sell it or should I drop it? the company in question did not contact me, should I put up a page explaining that I will drop the domain?

to give you the idea, the official company is in two words : Thecompany.com and what I bought is The-company.com ( really bad idea, I realize it now )

haaaaaaaaa!, Mar 14, 2010 IP
  2. AdamFL

AdamFL Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why you don't sell it, get anything for it it's better than nothing :)

AdamFL, Mar 14, 2010 IP
  3. Ward Larson

Ward Larson Peon

Best Answers:
    if they contact you, just give it to them if you feel that guilty about it. or get it off your hands asap

Ward Larson, Mar 14, 2010 IP
  4. SmallPotatoes

SmallPotatoes Peon

Best Answers:
    You can offer to sell it to them; in the worst case all they can do is spend thousands of dollars initiating a UDRP case to get it taken away from you after you demonstrate bad faith by offering it. I am sure almost any company would pay you reg fee for your trouble. Otherwise just sit on it until it expires.

SmallPotatoes, Mar 17, 2010 IP
  5. adamgrokov

adamgrokov Guest

Best Answers:
    I would try selling it, but not directly to the company in question, as I'm not sure how powerful they are and whether they are known to be law suit lovers :)

adamgrokov, Mar 18, 2010 IP
  6. juser

juser Peon

Best Answers:
    I think companies like this try to take the domain away from you if you have nothing on your site (maybe a blank page). If you don't hand it in they might take legal action. At least that is what I have seen happen with two companies. One being a famous car manufacturer (in this case the car company has not been able to take the domain because it is part of the domain owners name). The other case is an electronics company, which also has to do with the person's name, but not sure of the outcome.

juser, Mar 18, 2010 IP