1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bordercolor Not Supported in XHTML 1.0 Transitional – What Can I Use to Replace It?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by muncle, Mar 16, 2010.

I have tables in my HTML documents show 2 pixels wide, black border and I used to use this syntax:

<table width="100%" border="2" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" bordercolor="#000000">
    HTML:
    However upon validating in DW, I get all of my bordercolor attributes pinpointed to me that this attribute is no longer supported. What can I replace it with so I retain the same look of the tables but have it in valid XTHML 1.0 Transitional?

muncle, Mar 16, 2010 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    style="border:2px solid #000"
    Code (markup):

digitalpoint, Mar 16, 2010 IP
  3. muncle

muncle Guest

Best Answers:
    This does the job so at least my documents validate this time, but it appears as though only outside border turns black, inside is still that ugly default. Bordercolor changed everything. Any ideas?

muncle, Mar 16, 2010 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Put borders on your TDs also (can do it via your CSS file so you don't have to add a bunch of markup to your page source).

digitalpoint, Mar 16, 2010 IP