1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can someone tell me how to disable frames on a website I'm viewing?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by interloper, Mar 14, 2010.

Obviously, I'm not a sophisticated tech person, so I'm here for help!!

I used to have a link to a no-frames version of a site from which I sometimes make purchases. The no-frames version was vastly superior to the frames version in terms of speed of refreshing, which is crucial when the server is swamped, which always happens with sales. Now it seems the no-frames link doesn't work anymore (I get the regular frames page) and I can't figure out if there's another way to get to a no-frames version.

Any advice? :confused:

Thanks.

interloper, Mar 14, 2010 IP
  2. AdamKane

AdamKane Peon

Best Answers:
    What is the URL to the frameless version?
    What is the URL to the version with frames?

AdamKane, Mar 14, 2010 IP
  3. interloper

interloper Peon

Best Answers:
    OK, this is pretty embarrassing, but someone just told me that since the last sale the site has actually "ditched the frames" so what I'm looking at now on the site is already frameless.

This is the URL:
    https://secure.pearljam.com/store/product.spring?categoryId=3

What happens is, the moment tickets go on sale tens of thousands of people try to order them all at once. So you click on the icon for the tickets, you get a long delay, then it usually says "temporarily out of stock" (which the site says means all tickets are already in someone's cart, but not yet purchased), and then if you keep refreshing (which often takes a very long time-- much longer than usual) eventually, if you're lucky, you get an icon that says 'add to cart.' Then you click that, and sometimes there are tickets in your cart and sometimes not.

When the site used to have frames, one way to get a leg up on the process was to go to the frameless version, which sped up the refreshing times a lot, allowing more tries to seize whatever tickets happened to become available.

So anyway I really appreciate your input-- if you can give me any tips for increasing my chances in this sort of ordering onslaught, I'd be very grateful. If not, I guess it's even more up to chance than usual!

interloper, Mar 14, 2010 IP
  4. AdamKane

AdamKane Peon

Best Answers:
    For me, it refreshes in 2.21 seconds.

AdamKane, Mar 14, 2010 IP