1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

iPod Nano Question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by muncle, Mar 9, 2010.

I'm considering to purchase a 5th generation iPod Nano (the one with built in camera) and just had a question - is it possible to copy MP3 files on that thing directly? I imagine I would connect the thing to my computer via a USB port. I have a bunch of CDs that I had purchased (all legal, I don't do bootlegs) and would like to load some of the MP3s on to the iPod. But I am not willing to install any of the Apple bloatware that bloats up the system, causes crashes and just as everything from Apple, is unintuitive to use. Is it possible to load up the iPod directly without use of iTunes or some other f%$kery from Apple?

Also, does anyone have experience using iPods video camera? What's the picture like? Is it worth using or waste of time? How do you download the video onto your computer? Is it possible to directly download or would I be stuck with some stupid Apple bloatware that crashes my computer and is difficult to use because nothing is where you would naturally expect it (like everything else spawned by Apple)?

Thanks ;)

muncle, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  2. tango007

tango007 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well mates this has been a problem with all Apple I-pod's. We can't download songs directly onto a I-pod, one has to use I-tunes to insert mp3 to the I-pod. As the itunes convert the Mp3 to compatible format and than insert the song onto a I-pod.

tango007, Mar 10, 2010 IP
  3. muncle

muncle Guest

Best Answers:
    That's basically a deal breaker. I wasn't too inclined, but liked the fact that it does have a video camera. I won't be buying anything if it forces me to use Apple bloatware.

muncle, Mar 10, 2010 IP
  4. Sam.Lewis

Sam.Lewis Peon

Best Answers:
    I would say you should do it if the software is the only thing holding you back. itunes is not terrible software, and does not slow your pc down much. The best mp3 players require you to use their software. Zune would be my next choice, and that requires its own software as well.

Sam.Lewis, Mar 11, 2010 IP
  5. dynashox

dynashox Premium Member Staff

Best Answers:
    I use Sharepod, a lightweight iTunes alternative to transfer MP3 onto my iPod Nano.

- Dynashox -

dynashox, Mar 11, 2010 IP
  6. muncle

muncle Guest

Best Answers:
    Dynashox, how has it been for you? Does it do everything you need? Can I go completely without iTunes if I get that software? Is it possible to download videos recorded by the 5G onto a computer with that soft?

muncle, Mar 12, 2010 IP
  7. dynashox

dynashox Premium Member Staff

Best Answers:
    Yes you can.

As I'm using Nano 4G and not 5G, so I can't tell whether it is possible to transfer the recorded videos.

But Sharepod website mentioned that the latest version support Nano 5G, so probably it is possible to transfer the video.

- Dynashox -

dynashox, Mar 13, 2010 IP