1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please help! Adwords managed placements setup?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Kellerkind, Mar 11, 2010.

Hi,
    I want to target one website with ads. So I understand I create a managed placement. I used the placement tool to set this up. I also added an ad group that has one leaderboard banner and a text ad. I have set the cpc to 0.60$ (which should be enough for this site) and my budget is 25$ daily. Still, the website in question doesn't show my ads. Is there anything I have missed? Do I still need keywords in the ad group even though it is just for the content network? I want to target every page of this domain, regardless what keywords are on it. How do i do this?

The campaign is running, I saw our ads on the search network but somehow it seems the content ads are not showing up. Any advice would be fantastic.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
    Kellerkind, Mar 11, 2010 IP
  2. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    How long ago did you set it up? Image ads typically take a few days to be reviewed before they go 'live'

magda, Mar 12, 2010 IP
  3. Binho

Binho Peon

Best Answers:
    I would agree, check to see if the ads are still 'under review', also check that the site you are trying to show on accepts the advert format you are using. Some site will only accept image/banner ads in certain sizes or not at all.

Binho, Mar 12, 2010 IP
  4. Kellerkind

Kellerkind Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot! I used old ads that were already approved but forgot to set the day to today (probably this old adwords account runs on my old timezone) so I couldnt see the clicks.

But please can you let me know how managed placement ad groups without keywords work compared to managed placement adgroups with keywords? Whats the difference?

Kellerkind, Mar 12, 2010 IP
  5. row_01

row_01 Member

Best Answers:
    Managed placements don't work as well as they should in Google. It's more complex than it needs to be. If you're paying $0.60/click for automatic placements, you should be able to pay $0.70 for managed placement and get shown. But you don't get shown for that cheap, if at all. Bid 4x what you want to pay. If you want run of site, you don't have to add keywords, just let Google show your display ad wherever. Good luck.

row_01, Mar 12, 2010 IP