1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The goal of Islam? (Or at least those in the Middle East)

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by ZachG, Sep 2, 2006.

1. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    And the sad thing is, he really doesn't appear to notice. I have never seen a weaker argument in all my time on DP. There's a first time for everything :D

GTech, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  2. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    LOL, I give up. You're living proof of how ignorant Muslims are. One more time:

Jesus himself told us to ignore the older teachings that demand hatred towards those that follow a different faith.

Now: why don't you stare at the white wall in front of you and repeat that sentence out loud a hundred times. Maybe the coin will accidentally fall.

Blogmaster, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  3. checksum

checksum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Right, I figured this conversation would head down this road. You're unwilling to see that the writings of your religions harm people just like Islam does, I can't change that, I've tried so many different angles that I'm just going to give up. Let's agree to disagree and that will be that.

BTW, I am not Muslim. I guess I'm athiest. I don't believe in God, and I don't have faith in a religion. I see religions harming people all over the world and I have a problem with that, so this is why it's so easy for me to see how the writings of each religion can have a bad side. You don't though, and I can't convince you that it's true so let's just leave it at that.

checksum, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  4. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    Checksum, the fact of the matter is that while you might deny Jesus' message as being real, there is absolutely no way to compare it with the messages from the Quran. Maybe you should check out the Bible.

5. roiei

roiei Banned

Best Answers:
    Haha, he's just can't see the whole picture and his mind can accept "new" things ...
    That's the problem with most of the "terror support" people.

roiei, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  6. checksum

checksum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I've been talking about how the older texts are used by radical Christian groups, aswell as the Church to harm people. If Jesus' message actually had an impact on the people who had power in the religion I think this would be a much different argument, but the fact of the matter as you like to call it is that the Church continues to slow down progress in Africa and continuously stands between the progress of science around the world. They use the older texts as justification for what they do, effectively going against what Jesus preached. The religion has it's good side too, just like the rest of them but it still houses a path for the bad, and I don't think that's acceptable. It's easy for me to think this way though, I don't believe any of the stories of the religion. If I was someone who had faith invested into the religion I might think differently, but this isn't the case so I don't let it hold me back from criticizing the faith.

Seriously though, let's just agree to disagree.

I'm not a terrorist you dolt. I don't support terrorism in any way shape or form, read a few posts back to see how I feel about terrorists.

checksum, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  7. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    Fine, I don't want to argue right now either. But when you don't realize, that the ideologies are different, then how do you expect others not to reply? We're not supposed to look at other people. We're supposed to look to God thru Christ and how he lived. I can't change how others interpret anything. I can only look at myself. I look at the New Testament, and I see no hatred. There are some mean Christians out there. I can only look at my own life and try to be an example. I don't want to be an example, but Jesus was a great one. A lot of people make the mistake of looking at the bad amongst Christians. If Christians screw up, it doesn't change the words of the bible. According to the same bible, we will all be judged accordingly. When I look at the Quran, it's horrifying. No less than that. If you follow an ideology, that encourages hateful feelings towards non believers, then how can the people who follow it really be trusted and expected to get anything right?

8. ZachG

ZachG Peon

Best Answers:
    Agreed 100%. I know I can only be an example to others, even though it's hard at times to be a perfect Christian. Of course, Christians are human as well, and do make mistakes (often really bad ones), just like everyone else. All I know is I can be excused for my mistakes..

Another reason to be a Christian is the hope of life after death. When our loved ones die, we can look forward to seeing them again...whereas there is no such hope for athiests, for them it's basically "once you die, you're gone for good"..

ZachG, Sep 6, 2006 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
  9. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    You're making excuses for terrorists and attack Christianity and Judaism trying to put it into the same category like Islam. It's a passive form of support, but still a form of support. Just like the Germans "had no idea what Hitler was doing to the Jews".

10. checksum

checksum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think you're a good example of what Christians should aspire to be Blogman, and I apologize if I ruffled your feathers. It's just that there is a place within Christianity, more specifically the Bible's Old Testament, that allows for intollerence to go unpunished. I know that you don't take it seriously but there are people who do, and this is the problem. Once I've established this as being a problem it is easy for me to see the paralell problems with Judaism and Islam. In both of these religions, just like Christianity, there is the group that has moved past this mentality of intollerance and then there is the group that has not. How can I not treat the religions equal when I see this? And do not confuse me treating the religions equal with treating the acts of terrorism commited by each equal as well, that isn't what I set out to do. The Islamic terrorist acts are far worse then some Christian terrorist acts, but this isn't what I'm addressing. I'm addressing the fact that in each of these religions there is place, albeit how small it appears to be, for intollerance and hate to grow.

NO. By attacking Judaism, Christianity, and Islam as religions I am not supporting terrorism. Show me how it supports terrorism, I challenge you to. What I am doing is giving you the perspective of someone who does not have faith in a religion. I am opposed to terrorism 100%. Problems should be resolved with discussion and intelligent choices, me having qualms with religion doesn't effect this belief at all.

checksum, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  11. zman

zman Peon

Best Answers:
    You knew you would get spanked, yet you continued on. Liberalism at its finest!

zman, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  12. muslim

muslim Peon

Best Answers:
    You blind christians which religion are you talking about --christanity
    ha ha I feel laughing at your nonsense religion which is nothing but bundle of lies and falsehood.
    Bible has been changed many times for ages by popes for their own selfish interests as they want to live the way they pleased.The current bible is 70% fake and is crap.you people are getting misleaded by popes,clergy and your parents who tell you to read this book and follow it without actually knowing what thrash is written in it. your life is leading you nowhere but to hell!!...
    Come investigate know the truth and accept it before its tooo late.

muslim, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  13. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I that defines the goal of Islam right there ;)

lorien1973, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  14. roiei

roiei Banned

Best Answers:
    You don't even worth a post

roiei, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  15. muslim

muslim Peon

Best Answers:
    Truth is very bitter to digest.
    Let me perish but the truth will prevail. I know your ass is burning as u cant digest the truth and accept the reality but one day you will and it will be too late. lorien1973 you are making fun of yourself not Islam.Its your hatred for muslims which is making you to tell like that but you are not able to see the truth.

muslim, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  16. FireStorM

FireStorM Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    this is turning hot here .

FireStorM, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  17. roiei

roiei Banned

Best Answers:
    Prove to you something is like prove stupid man that he is stupid

roiei, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  18. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    They have made experiments with lie detectors and people in mental institutions. They were put on a lie detector while being asked questions that the doctors knew they would give false/insane answers to. The lie detector didn't register it as a lie, since they truly believed their own insanity.

Funny how this suddenly pops in my head after reading your posts :rolleyes:

Blogmaster, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  19. Shah Bandar

Shah Bandar Peon

Best Answers:
    I decided to stop from saying anything here, as its not helping to solve anything.But I got to say something right now...

Dear Muslim,

Please stop the hatred.. Whoever you are, you are not doing anything for god. Nobody has the right to judge who is right, and who is wrong. You're not god, so am I nor anyone else. So stop cursing.... Some of the Christians here are only giving a bad name to Christinanity, and by doing this, you're just giving a bad name to Islam. For god's sake, Please stop the hatred. Can 't everyone just love each other and live in peace????

Shah Bandar, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  20. zman

zman Peon

Best Answers:
    "Can 't everyone just love each other and live in peace????"

We Americans have been trying that crap since 1776. People just don't seem to like the idea though and keep pestering us with death, murder, and hatred.

Why can't I just grill burgers and drink beer on the weekends without having to worry about some asshole dropping a bomb on me because I'm an infidel.

BS. :rolleyes:

zman, Sep 7, 2006 IP