1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Milk the EZA Cow A lil better

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by jacky8, Mar 11, 2010.

Hi Friends,

I have been into the CB game for a couple of years now. I own my own SEO sites and even use EZA.

Even as there are good options such as Articlesbase & Goarticles, there is still nothing comparable to EZA. But EZA has its own disadvantages like excessive competition between the same keywords, strictness, greedy behavior, etc.

EZA even converts all links to open in new window. They have really become very greedy.

Here's another thread where we discussed a bit about EZA CTR improvement.

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1601401&highlight=

Ok, so here's the lil tip i hope some of you can use.

Recently I got around 50 articles written for a niche (500 - 575 words each)

Around 2 days later I checked the article reports and was shocked to see that I had an average CTR of 9%. That was too bad considering I provided them unique content and was even getting quite a lot of views. I normally have an average CTR anywhere from 25 to 35% for my Authors.

Then I tried something and witnessed improvement in CTR within a day.

In the beginning of the article, I mentioned that I will provide X tips on the subject "xx xx"

Then I divided each of my long boring articles into X points, making the articles easier to read for visitors!

It worked for me. I hope it does for you.

Moral of the story: If you have very low CTR on your EZA articles, go edit them into 5 or more points. That will definitely increase the CTR.

Just a lil way to milk the EZA cow even better.

(This thread doesn't hold true for AB & GA because they allow heavy promotions in the article body itself that guarantees better traffic)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
    jacky8, Mar 11, 2010 IP
  2. Chri5123

Chri5123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Very good post! I will bear that in mind on my articles - another thing that you can do is make the bio box longer and really sell it - I think you get 250 words so try and use them all!

Chris

Chri5123, Mar 11, 2010 IP
  3. sevnrock

sevnrock Peon

Best Answers:
    Great tip. Readability is a huge factor when writing articles with high CTR.

sevnrock, Mar 11, 2010 IP
  4. TigerPublishing

TigerPublishing Member

Best Answers:
    Very true. I usually only write a few sentences for the bio box.. maybe I'll try something longer and pushier.

TigerPublishing, Mar 11, 2010 IP
  5. mill123

mill123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    great tip thanks man.

mill123, Mar 11, 2010 IP
  6. Traffic-Bug

Traffic-Bug Active Member

Best Answers:
    That is an interesting idea! Whenever I submit article to EZA I will also make sure to divide the article into multiple points and mention the number of points in the top paragraph of the article,. this might lead to better CTR as you have tested.

Traffic-Bug, Mar 11, 2010 IP
  7. GeorgR.

GeorgR. Peon

Best Answers:
    Good Article tips - but dont forget to have a killer resource box! Provide a solution to a problem where people feel they MUST click your link!
    If you only use a resource box like "if you want to read more about ...." you simple wont get a lot of clicks!

GeorgR., Mar 11, 2010 IP
  8. ajbarnes

ajbarnes Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tips! I'll apply that today to my articles for EZA and see what happens. I used to average around 40-50% CTR with EZA, but ever since they got strict with there rules (can't talk about the product in the article), my CTR dropped DRAMATICALLY (10-20%). I'll see if your tip helps improve CTR.

Thanks again.

ajbarnes, Mar 12, 2010 IP
  9. jacky8

jacky8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the responses guys. Do post your own experience after doing it onto your own articles so that others can know it works and apply it onto their own articles :)

As i have seen, even if your articles were originally written in a few big paragraphs, you can still divide them into points. (Give an introduction about the number of points) This makes people scroll down to the end in most cases. Combine it with other methods to increase CTR and EZA will really hate for that!

I am sure many of you have more than 1k articles sitting on EZA right now, so you can get much better traffic even if the CTR improves a little bit in every article.

I was reading a post at the ezinearticles blog where the person said that authors should expect a CTR from 5 to 10% (something like this) It sounded ridiculous. They must be kidding. That is the height of greediness.

jacky8, Mar 12, 2010 IP
  10. marcusio

marcusio Peon

Best Answers:
    just an fyi ezine only allow the resource box to be about 15% of the article or something ridiculous like that, it is a newish unwritten rule that they just laid down on a batch of my articles a few weeks back.

marcusio, Mar 12, 2010 IP
  11. scheng1

scheng1 Peon

Best Answers:
    No wonder I dont get the 35% to 40% CTR that everyone says is possible. It's very stupid of Eza to change the rule. Once the CTR is low, everyone will just treat it as a link dump, and produce just passable articles. The standard of writing is pretty low now. I wonder how low it can go.

scheng1, Mar 12, 2010 IP
  12. markov

markov Peon

Best Answers:
    I think 5 tips, 5 ways etc will definitely help to catch the readers attention.

markov, Mar 13, 2010 IP