1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Challeging question for Sr. SEO only

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by ambicapharma, Mar 11, 2010.

Hello Guys,

I have really challenging SEO question for all. I have 5 years old website www.xyz.com with good Page Rank and Search rank. My problem is that currently my website is in html and my sir need to convert that in PHP.

Now my question - Is there any way to save my ranking and page rank after converting in HTML to PHP.

Please give me your helpful suggestion so I can save my all things as it is.

ambicapharma, Mar 11, 2010 IP
  2. seo555

seo555 Peon

Best Answers:
    if you website convert html to PHP so its not big problem do not change link path, inter linking, content, Mata tags etc... Just change only word of HTML to PHP.

Second thing your site running with HTML means you done lots of submission and other activities if you convert in PHP that you lost all backlink, popularity and PR but solution is all HTML pages link with same path redirect on PHP pages.

I think Google will down your ranking but this ranking will down only 15 to 20 days after that you got ranking back bcz PHP pages data google will cache and update your site database on his search engine so google take minimum 15 to 20 days after that Google give your proper result.

If you convert your website in HTML to PHP that start more work Bookmarking, classified, forum posting and comment posting so google will get your update fast and Update your all pages.

If you Redirect your pages so make sure you Redirect with related Like like your Old link is www.xyz.com/we-design.html so this page redirect on www.xyz.com/we-design.php not on home page. Also make your Pages Statics Not Dynamic.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
    seo555, Mar 11, 2010 IP
    Larry101 likes this.
  3. williamsweb

williamsweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    possible only via redirect...
    not possible because your backlinks will be to .html pages, not .php

williamsweb, Mar 11, 2010 IP
  4. georgescifo

georgescifo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    better do a 301 permanent redirect on your .htaccess file. ie...redirect www.xyz.com/test.html to www.xyz.com/test.php.

This would help in carrying your page ranks and search engine rankings to the new urls.

georgescifo, Mar 11, 2010 IP
  5. alemcherry

alemcherry Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google doesn't know and care how you process your data internally. Also file extensions means nothing, you can very well server a PHP page with .htm extension. Earlier Google used to limit pages crawled in dynamic sites, but that doesn't really matter these days. Google can and will crawl all sort of pages and the number of pages they index on any site is more dependent on the importance of site, quality of content etc.

But when you go for a complete change, it is possible that you page layout and data on individual pages can change - which may affect your SERPS on some way. So it makes sense not to alter the existing look and feel much - which includes page titles, areas where content is shown, size of headings (h1/h.. tags) and so on. Also try if you can use URLrewrite to preserve the URLS of at least important inner pages, if you have external links pointing directly to them. At least set up 301 redirect on pages that have backlinks / traffic coming from google. Try to preserve the linking structure also, if you want to avoid chances of some pages loosing the rank.

Overall, using PHP is not an issue but it makes sense to make sure that there isn't too many changes on the URLs and page content.

alemcherry, Mar 11, 2010 IP
  6. berg101

berg101 Peon

Best Answers:
    301 redirect is the most efficient and Search Engine Friendly method for webpage redirection. It's not that hard to implement and it should preserve your search engine rankings for that particular page. If you have to change file names or move pages around, it's the safest option. The code "301" is interpreted as "moved permanently"

berg101, Mar 11, 2010 IP
  7. ambicapharma

ambicapharma Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your valuable answer.

But do u think that my site will not loss page rank as well?

8. seo555

seo555 Peon

Best Answers:
    you will loss your Page rank but after next google PR Update or after 1month you got PR back one buy one. bcz after you convert path HTML to PHP so all page are new. how can google give you PR if your pages will crawl and google get all update after that give you backlinks and PR back

seo555, Mar 11, 2010 IP
  9. ambicapharma

ambicapharma Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi alemcherry,

Thanks for your valuable answer. pls help me again in below.
    i have research and found that url redirection can give only serps and backlinks value but can not give Page Rank so i have decide that i will rewrite all the url after convert in PHP like below example.
    Ex...
    www.xyz.com/test.html -> convert in to -> www.xyz.com/test.PHP -> Rewrite by ht.access -> www.xyz.com/test.html

So What you say about it and how does google treat with this in your opinion?

10. christelfer

christelfer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Use a rewrite rule in the .htaccess file to change all .php extensions to .html, this will mean that in the eyes of Google there are no changes, so all positions, age and link popularity associated with these pages will be retained. Simples :)

christelfer, Mar 11, 2010 IP
  11. seo555

seo555 Peon

Best Answers:
    But its very difficult to understand Google and why you want to do this type of long process to not your site but gogle robots will confused and Robots not cache this way any page if you do so you can get index page after long time and also it effect on rank so simple thing is redirect HTML pages to PHP pages

seo555, Mar 11, 2010 IP
  12. ambicapharma

ambicapharma Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi SEO555,

For your kind of information i wud like to tell you that by 301 redirect you can get serps only can not get PR. I think you are not technically sound person or didn't got my question so please give answer after read question carefully.

13. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    A 301 redirect will pass your PageRank. Redirect every one of the old pages to a corresponding new page. A 301 is like a notification of permananent change of address - you're telling search engines - this is where I live now, send my letters, parcels, backlinks and PageRank here now.

magda, Mar 11, 2010 IP
    Larry101 likes this.
  14. askyseo

askyseo Peon

Best Answers:
    301 redirection will help you in this matter.you need to create .htacess file. as your home page not going to change your home page rank will save for other pages which will converted from .html to .php will may loose page rank.

askyseo, Mar 11, 2010 IP
  15. seo555

seo555 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not saying my thoughts.
    In previously i faced this problem and that time I get all PR, backlink and ranking backlinks. I think you want promote your post or you Fresher in SEO that's why you not understand Google Algo and that's why not understand my ANS.

and this is not Challenging question for Sr. SEO bcz already many person discuss on same topic in this forum. Read daily forums and get your all problem solution.

seo555, Mar 11, 2010 IP