1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can you really make a lot of money from Amazon?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by iamchrisgreen, Feb 16, 2010.

1. kafeier

kafeier Active Member

Best Answers:
    Earning money through PPC is quite easy

kafeier, Mar 1, 2010 IP
  2. cjaccardi

cjaccardi Active Member

Best Answers:
    my best money maker is Amazon they have incredible sales ratios and some generous commissions with endless but I dont know what your niche is

cjaccardi, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  3. ChrisMonty

ChrisMonty Active Member

Best Answers:
    Amazon is my biggest earner as well. It can be done, but you need to have either insane levels of traffic or a good niche.

Remember, your commissions START at 4%, but they increase as the amount of products you sell increases.

ChrisMonty, Mar 6, 2010 IP
  4. shareurlinks

shareurlinks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have just set up amazon affiliate on my blog, i don't think i am going to point all my traffic to it though, im going to take the 'find your own way' approach as i think there are better things which you can make more money.

shareurlinks, Mar 7, 2010 IP
  5. milk dud

milk dud Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for posting that.

I haven't been able to get accepted for ebay, so looks like I'm stuck with Amazon. That blogger has 2 more articles there with another 10 tips each. Very helpful reading.

milk dud, Mar 7, 2010 IP
  6. extraspecial

extraspecial Member

Best Answers:
    Use adsense or sell banner ads, it will be more profitable :)

extraspecial, Mar 7, 2010 IP
  7. Reviewz

Reviewz Peon

Best Answers:
    Amazon sucks big time, unless you have a store type of site with high traffic. That Problogger guy was doing $1500 a month on average....but remember, he has huge traffic. Even then, $1500 seems like a paltry sum for the big earners.

Reviewz, Mar 7, 2010 IP
  8. SevenOneTwoFive Magazine

SevenOneTwoFive Magazine Peon

Best Answers:
    Keep in mind that though the commissions are low, Amazon offers a wide range of products and the customer may end up buying much more than the recommended product once in the Amazon store.

9. bluearrow

bluearrow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Amazon is not a hit or miss type. You need a different approach than what you do with AdSense. You can't just direct traffic to your blog or site and wait things to happen. You need to find visitors who want to buy something unlike with AdSense where you will be ok with anyone who want to buy or read info. Also you need to make them goto Amazon site. visitors who look for things to buy -> send them to Amazon.com then people tend to buy because Amazon.com site knows how to do that. Another major thing is taffic. If you are using Amazon.com then you need all yr traffic from USA or Canada you get free shipping or good shipping rate. If you are affiliate of Amaozn.co.uk then you need UK traffic.

Making a blog or site and putting Amazon ads won't work. That's the reason most people fail with Amazon and some others get around 5%-8% conversion rato. Also you need to find a niche people buy from Amazon or tend to buy. Like books or tech stuff.

bluearrow, Mar 8, 2010 IP
  10. ciscopower

ciscopower Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes. You can. Some guys on this forum make about $8000 from a single website ( don't remember his name). But yes, you can!

ciscopower, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  11. hhelen

hhelen Member

Best Answers:
    Just like every other thing online, the more effort and time you put in, the more your rewards. Some people make a decent monthly income as Amazon associates and they will even swear by it. So, the answer is, you definitely can.

hhelen, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  12. iMarin

iMarin Peon

Best Answers:
    I have three amazon stores for 2 weeks now and I bought some traffic but it's pretty hard,i noticed that people visit website but no so much of thme click on items, i mean that people prefer to buy directly from official stores like apple.com etc....
    i guess you must have really good feedbacks and make great reviews of your website ....
    I wish you good luck!!!

iMarin, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  13. bomboman

bomboman Peon

Best Answers:
    The good things of Amazon are various physical products and amazon web service that can help people to make money from Amazon easier than other affiliates. However, I still don't like 24 hours cookies.

bomboman, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  14. cepunk

cepunk Peon

Best Answers:
    i just started making amazon affiliate webstore. many people says that its hard to make money from amazon, but i will try it. I will make 100 amazon webstore.
    if one webstore can make $1 a day, then 100 webstores can make $100 a day. its mean $3k a month. I know its sound easy but hard to do, but it worth to try. getting $1 a day for one webstore is not that hard..
    am i wrong?

cepunk, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  15. niche101

niche101 Peon

Best Answers:
    let us know how it goes cepunk

niche101, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  16. Robineast

Robineast Peon

Best Answers:
    the commission of amazon is about 4% so I earn a litter

Robineast, Mar 10, 2010 IP
  17. freshdevelopment

freshdevelopment Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes you can make a lot of money. It is about niches guys...

freshdevelopment, Mar 10, 2010 IP
  18. Robineast

Robineast Peon

Best Answers:
    I think someone can earn much

Robineast, Mar 10, 2010 IP
  19. Bobaxchicago

Bobaxchicago Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, everything looks good but commission and hidden other cost a little bit killing , for example how much they charge for shipping. Check your post office and you will see how much they charge. Those prices on Amazon are maybe from 90' which cause loosing money because you have to pay more from your pocket. Maybe many of you don't pay attention but check this out. On the other hand Amazon has very poor protection for sellers. Refund from buyer. Amazon returns money to the buyer but buyer is not obligated to return item to the seller. One example. I had return, Amazon full refunded money to the buyer but buyer did not send item back. When I contact by phone Amazon they stated we refunded money to the buyer but we can't tell you that buyer return item to you or not !!! Read carefully their policy. I have experience already that I decided to stop selling on Amazon. They leave open door for buyers which want items for free. Simple, you selling your item but later on you don't know what will happens. It was to risky for me and I am not going to loose money again. So Amazon don't care about it. They have to change this, first buyer should proof that item is returned to the seller by tracking number which including information that item is delivered and than refund money. If you not experienced similar situation and you had honest buyer you are lucky. Moreover should be available feedback of buyers not only sellers. If will be feedback for buyers will help (a little more) sellers against not honest buyers. If will be buyer feedback believe me I will not sell item to this buyer. Additional to find contact by phone to Amazon is like playing lotto, they hide as much they can !!! should be available for everybody on the main page. This is only my opinion. Thanks for that I have more bad experience with Amazon and I am not going to buy or sell anymore. I found more places which are better and have more responsibility for seller and buyers. Have a nice day.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
    Bobaxchicago, Mar 10, 2010 IP
  20. bluearrow

bluearrow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well 24 hour cookie suxs but you get wide range of products to offer for your traffic. Also people trust Amazon.com.

bluearrow, Mar 11, 2010 IP