1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

20 Reality-Checking Questions for Would-Be Entrepreneurs

Discussion in 'General Business' started by token20, Mar 10, 2010.

I find too many business bloggers fail to describe the real experience of starting up a company. They ignore the human aspects. It seems like there is some unwritten law of business blogging that says you can only write about the inspirational and positive aspects of creating a start-up business.

Yes, starting a company can be a wonderful experience. It can be empowering, life altering, etc…….

But what so many business bloggers forget to mention is everything else: stress, anxiety, doubt, heartbreak, sleepless nights, emotional roller coasters, destruction to relationships, lost friends, embarrassment, failed marriages, financial ruin, lawsuits, failing health, creating family rifts, social isolation, unrealized dreams, favors for family and friends, guilt, and the always painful “if” thoughts (“if I just would have ….” “if he just could have ….” “if I had just bought ….” “if the bank just would have ….” “if the customer just …..” etc…. Yes, the wonderful if statements that can haunt you for life.).

The list of 20 can be found here:

http://secondcityceo.com/2010/02/25/part-6-is-this-worth-it/

token20, Mar 10, 2010 IP
  2. clp95

clp95 Peon

Best Answers:
    great post. thanks for sharing!

clp95, Mar 10, 2010 IP
  3. token20

token20 Peon

Best Answers:
    No problem. I have been through everything you can imagine over the last 8 years. Growing from a 3 person startup in a basement to 50+ employees in two cities. Along the way had some truly horrible moments that I thought would break me, but made it through them. So, I figured I would share some of them and the feedback so far has been pretty amazing from people who have gone through similar experiences as well.

token20, Mar 10, 2010 IP
  4. killer2021

killer2021 Peon

Best Answers:
    great list

killer2021, Mar 10, 2010 IP
  5. bk871

bk871 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good list! Thanks for sharing.

bk871, Mar 11, 2010 IP
  6. token20

token20 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the kind words. I really tried to not candy coat anything and describe the true experience.

token20, Mar 11, 2010 IP