1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Apple iPad no multi-tasking?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by qwestcommunications, Feb 17, 2010.

I am looking forward to buying an iPad when it releases but am hearing that it does not have multi-tasking. Does this mean it won't be possible to have, say, Microsoft Works open a well as one or more screens of the web browser open at the same time so you can move from one to another like you can on a desktop or a laptop?

If it lacks this facility I will probably buy the HP slate, if that provides multitasking.

qwestcommunications, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  2. The_CaveMan

The_CaveMan Member

Best Answers:
    Yes the iPad sux! Buy a laptop, it'll be MUCH MUCH better...

The_CaveMan, Feb 19, 2010 IP
  3. michaelya

michaelya Peon

Best Answers:
    Wait for iPad v2.0. It should have it by then!

michaelya, Feb 21, 2010 IP
  4. techno primer

techno primer Peon

Best Answers:
    According to the presentation made during the launching of Apple's new baby, iPad lacks the capability of multi tasking...and among others.

techno primer, Feb 22, 2010 IP
  5. imageblur

imageblur Member

Best Answers:
    it's a giant ipod lol

imageblur, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  6. Sam.Lewis

Sam.Lewis Peon

Best Answers:
    you should look up on engadget all about it. or gizmodo. They both have done massive stories on it, and all its functionality. If you are actually interested in the ipad, but want multitasking, you should wait a year and get the second gen.

Sam.Lewis, Mar 10, 2010 IP
  7. Dondon2d

Dondon2d Peon

Best Answers:
    Or actually wait for a jailbreak and use the apps that allow you to do so! For its price, better get a laptop. I still want one though :D

Dondon2d, Mar 10, 2010 IP
  8. william1986

william1986 Guest

Best Answers:
    iPad is still not satisfied with many people, you can buy a laptop before iPad is improved.

william1986, Mar 10, 2010 IP
  9. Sam.Lewis

Sam.Lewis Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes you can do that. But then again, no one knows what will really happen with this device completely yet. Apple has a way of making devices without multitasking work very well. If they can make this whole "move print to ipad" thing happen, they might have something here. They have teamed up with alot of big publishers, especially newspapers, and they will soon start to imbed videos in the print, everything in full color... all easily accessible on one device.Then add in music and videos like a normal ipod... who knows. I am going to watch closely to see what comes out of this device. I can see it being very successful despite the lack of multitasking. If someone has 500 to drop,then money to pay for a subscription to a newspaper, and money for books on it, it seems like it might actually start the jump from print to digital.

Sam.Lewis, Mar 11, 2010 IP
  10. andoy96

andoy96 Peon

Best Answers:
    yes! i agree to this one. Yes the iPad sux! Buy a laptop, it'll be MUCH MUCH better...

andoy96, Mar 19, 2010 IP
  11. Ment0r

Ment0r Peon

Best Answers:
    Supposedly, iPhone OS 4.0 will have multi-tasking capability, and since the iPad uses the same OS as the iPhone it's likely that the iPad will also be able to multi-task.

Ment0r, Mar 23, 2010 IP
  12. Sam.Lewis

Sam.Lewis Peon

Best Answers:
    This is an interesting update. I am interested to see exactly what they mean by multitasking and how well it will work.

Sam.Lewis, Mar 24, 2010 IP
  13. fazalillahi

fazalillahi Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, what is the use for IPAD then???

fazalillahi, Mar 27, 2010 IP
  14. Sam.Lewis

Sam.Lewis Peon

Best Answers:
    It is a sort of apple store device for playing their movies, their music and books from their book store. It is... flashy in hopes people will buy one, and a bigger iphone in hopes that the app store will work as well as it did on this. I am not so convinced about this last point though because the phone has a good value to carry around, along with the bonus of the app store. Not sure if the app store will work as well by itself.

Sam.Lewis, Mar 27, 2010 IP