1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Get In Early + Submission Special

Discussion in 'Solicitations & Announcements' started by onlinedude, Sep 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Just to announce my new directory: Apahcinc Directory

This directory is just starting out and will be *very heavily* promoted. I'm starting the price out lower while I put the time and money into it to increase traffic and page strength. So, submit now while the prices are lower, as they will increase soon.

Opening Special: For one week from today, I'm offering 5 submissions for the price 4. Simply submit your first 4 websites to the directory, then send me the details of your 5th website either by PM or by using the directory's contact form (let me know which are your other 4 submissions). Then, I'll add your fifth site for free.

The directory's url is: http://www.apahcinc.org/

onlinedude, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  2. coolweb

coolweb Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nice logo design, and good front page layout. I liked the resources home page for list of directories :)

It seems you need to add some more categories e.g. sub-categories in the Parent Category "Directories"

I will be adding few sites there for sure.

coolweb, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  3. Thiagoo

Thiagoo Peon

Best Answers:
    Rofl @ prices

Oh yea, i'm gonna pay 24 dollars to have a link on a directory that got way less visitors than even my website, sure sure!

Thiagoo, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  4. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    You have got to be kidding. No one starts out with those kind of prices. Even after the site becomes established, you'll be lucky to get half that for featured links when there are so many free directories out there. What does your site offer that others don't?

(sound of crickets chirping)

Nothing.

mopacfan, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  5. romow

romow Peon

Best Answers:
    in case you guys don't know, onlinedude has been quite aggressive promoting his directories. I'm sure submission to his directories will be beneficial in the long run.

romow, Sep 6, 2006 IP
    onlinedude likes this.
  6. Thiagoo

Thiagoo Peon

Best Answers:
    I can buy for 20 bucks a link on dmoz from a friend that is editor, why would i pay 24 dollars and some cents on a lame directory that can be offline and my money is gone and also didn't got many or any member lol

Thiagoo, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  7. onlinedude

onlinedude Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your kind words coolweb!

I've decided not to add too many categories to start, and add them in as the directory grows.

8. onlinedude

onlinedude Peon

Best Answers:
    Not sure how to respond to this. It's a brand new website, so obviously it doesn't have many visitors. At this point, I'm not sure that means much.

In any event, it does have a significantly higher Alexa ranking than both the websites in your sig. One of your websites has no Alexa ranking whatsoever and the other is in the millions, so it's not clear to me that my directory actually does have fewer visitors than your websites.

Finally, the appropriate question would really be can you make your money back and more by submitting your website to my directory? If so, submit; otherwise, don't. Comparing a directory's traffic with your website's traffic doesn't seem to be an appropriate way of making a listing decision.

9. dkessaris

dkessaris Peon

Best Answers:
    I did the same thing at my directory, but now I am not quite sure if it's better. The reason is simple, the new categories that I add now have a PR0, (big deal PR will pass to them in the future updates). However, I have gotten a few complaints when I moved sites to these categories saying that they didn't pay to be in a PR0 category. Not really an issue but more of an annoyance.

Edit to add: Nice directory, I will probably submit tommorow.

dkessaris, Sep 6, 2006 IP
    onlinedude likes this.
  10. FOX LORE

FOX LORE Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Regular links with reciprocal $19.95

Thats way to high onlinedude--if you like a backlink with my criticdirectory.com i will trade even with you. A backlink for a backlink and my site is a pr3 and climbing.

FOX LORE, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  11. onlinedude

onlinedude Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm surprised by your negative reaction!

The price is a good one. The directory is brand new, and yet it already has a page strength of 3.5, and this will continue to increase.

The directory is brand new, yet it is already pulling in a fair bit of traffic from Google and ranking for many non-competitive terms.

Free directories come and go. Running a quality directory that is going to last over the long haul takes a good chunk of time and money and the submission fees need to cover that.

As for your comments re the featured links, suffice it to say that I run another directory where featured links are $100 per year and I still get many submissions each month. And the people who pay that are getting a good deal.

12. sizzler_chetan

sizzler_chetan Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Nice point.

I agree, onlinedude(Jeff) spends a lot on advertising his directories, which people would feel hard to submit to his directories because of the rates, but in future, the listing really helps.

Check the no. of Backlinks and pages indexed of his other directories for example,

And also he just announced his directory not for compulsory submission, it is to let u all know about a new directory...

My advice (hope it does not hurt) : If u are interested, then submit or if not just ignore it! but dont try to ruin it :eek: :eek:

sizzler_chetan, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  13. onlinedude

onlinedude Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks man! I didn't expect such a negative reaction or else I wouldn't have started the tread.

14. ! Ask !

! Ask ! Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Nice directory I real like the design, where did the name come from, any meaning for it?
    I see you already have 1,400 links :D, I will submit soon, when you add “paid directories” to the directories category :).
    Best luck for your new directory.
    Cheers

! Ask !, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  15. onlinedude

onlinedude Peon

Best Answers:
    Again, I'm not sure how to respond to this. $20 is a lot to pay for a free directory. When I submit to free directories, I don't usually pay anything at all.

On the other hand, I'm sure $20 is a good deal for a Dmoz listing and a Dmoz listing is better than a listing in my directory. Even better still is a listing in both Dmoz and my directory.

Yeah, I suppose my directory could go offline at some point. And a meta-dmoz editor could delete your corrupt friend's listings. And I could be hit by a bus tomorrow. Life is not without some risk.

Not sure what you mean by members? Not trying to get any members.

16. FOX LORE

FOX LORE Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I would agree with you but even the title stating this thread is misleading:
    Get In Early + Submission Special

I'm seen alivedirectory have lower prices even without the Submission Special ??

FOX LORE, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  17. onlinedude

onlinedude Peon

Best Answers:
    OK, I respect your advice and coolweb and Ask are also saying the same thing and they both know what they're talking about as well. I'll get this done on the weekend. Thanks for the tip.

18. onlinedude

onlinedude Peon

Best Answers:
    Fox Lore - You've got a nice site there and I'll be submitting Apahcinc to it soon!

The reason the reciprocal price is so high is that I don't really want to encourage reciprocal linking. Normally, when people submit a reciprocal link, they put it on some web page buried deep in their site that will never get indexed.

19. coolweb

coolweb Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That is most important thing, if you are providing quality instead of quantity. Virtual business is much based on the reputation.

I was emphasizing on adding new categories at the start coz i have experienced with it, yesterday i added lot more new categories on one of my oldest directory and it takes time for the new categories to get higher PR.

coolweb, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  20. onlinedude

onlinedude Peon

Best Answers:
    Get in early because the price will be increasing in the (near) future.

Submission special = 5 links for the price of 4.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.