show the coder some love

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by demons-halo, Mar 9, 2010.

ive been gfx designing for 6 years and coding for 7 years, i chose both because i could save myself a lot of money instead of hiring a coder and i could get things done in my own time frame. over the past few months i mainly steered off to mainly doing gfx, doing some free lance and private work, and then i crossed over to the coding side, only to realise what a brutal world coding is and how inconsiderate us gfx designers are, after posting up my coding services at very cheap rates compred to what ive seen,i get people who take me up on my offer and give me a huge list of requirements and a shitty psd file with about 100 layers all named layer1, layer2, layer3 and so on, they are not grouped or anything, ive also learned that if you mention this situation to your client they get shitty and sometimes pull out of the deal, what they dont know is that they are paying me about $15 which when it gets converted to my lovely british pound, is pretty much halved, and im expected to sit hunched over the keyboard tapping away to make their site look smashing and being expected to put in the extra consideration because they cant group or name their layers, its just annoying not only do they pick out that little tiny imperfect pixel but then they will try to haggle with the price afterwards because its not fully up to their "template monster" expectations, so im glad i learned to code and do gfx in one hit because i know now why i got frustrated and gave up on so many templates etc etc and ive probs saved my safe a huge blacklisting from coders, so come on gfx designers, show the coder some love, they are what you need to make your website work!

demons-halo, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  2. krsix

krsix Peon

Best Answers:
    I will show you some love. Would you like to go for coffee later?

krsix, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  3. fybian

fybian Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree 100%, coders not get enough props for their work....

fybian, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  4. demons-halo

demons-halo Active Member

Best Answers:
    @krsix: lol

@fybian: no, we dont.

demons-halo, Mar 11, 2010 IP