1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What kind of adsense scam is this site up to?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by corinaw, Sep 4, 2006.

http: //www.all4one.com/beauty-salons/
    (I deliberately put a space in this url, so there is no direct link)

I can't figure it out... Look at the directory listing closely. It says ads by google and ads by yahoo on several listings, but the link goes to a redirect that looks something like this:
    /redir.php?result=aHR0cDovL21zeG1sLmluZm9zcG...

So what is it? A new scummy trick, or something else? ARE these really ads by google/yahoo? I can't tell with the redirect.

Anyone know of a tool to translate that text hash to see what the site is doing?

corinaw, Sep 4, 2006 IP
  2. Barti1987

Barti1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Very old website (96)

Dont know the scheme thou

Peace,

Barti1987, Sep 4, 2006 IP
  3. gumbo

gumbo Peon

Best Answers:
    Those are pretty weird.

A big chunk of the URL is a base64 encoded string, so you can decode it pretty easily (which gives you another long string, but also the domain you'll get redirected to). The first link I tried (that was labelled as a Yahoo ad) bounced through infospace.com, then overture.com, then to the site that they say the link goes to. An ad that claimed to be Google redirected through infospace.com, then to google.com, then to servedby.advertising.com, and then to the site it claimed to link to. The links that say they're from search results (if you do a search in their search box) go to infospace.com and then to the site in question.

The Google URL was very similar to the sponsored link URL you get if you searched Google for the same thing I searched for on there, which also redirected you to advertising.com and then to the final site.

I have a feeling that when you do a search on their site, they scrape what the search results would be using their Adsense for Search ID (or equivalient) and create new links to those URLs that they then combine with links from other searches that make them money, and show all of them together. So it's just another way for them to package Adsense-monetized search results, is my guess.

I've never looked at Adsense for search, so I have no idea if this is allowed or not. It doesn't seem like the kind of thing Google would approve of, but who knows. It's not that different from what sites like Blingo do, really.

gumbo, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  4. danielbruzual

danielbruzual Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just use the "NOFOLLOW" BBcode next time :) .

Daniel

danielbruzual, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  5. forumpromotors

forumpromotors Peon

Best Answers:
    very wiered stuff, i think they stored an encored url in the database and just redirect them each time the page displays.

forumpromotors, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  6. intiendes

intiendes Peon

Best Answers:
    great trick they have ....

intiendes, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  7. moneymakingstuff

moneymakingstuff Guest

Best Answers:
    im sure they will get banned from google

moneymakingstuff, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  8. corinaw

corinaw Not Banned

Best Answers:

I broke the link so this thread would not show up in the sites referral logs, not because I was worried about passing PR "link juice".

:cool:

corinaw, Sep 6, 2006 IP
    danielbruzual likes this.
  9. danielbruzual

danielbruzual Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, very smart, I never even thought of that.

Daniel

danielbruzual, Sep 6, 2006 IP