1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best Landing Page Style?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by Forkypie, Mar 5, 2010.

I'm new to affiliate marketing and after reading various journals and websites, I've decided to give Clickbank a shot. I intend to promote a product in the Health niche using article marketing. Right now I am trying not to spend anything (Bum Marketing as some may call it)

I was wondering what kind of landing page I should use if I were to use only articles to promote the product I have chosen. Should I do a review-style page, a hyped-up presell page, a blog? Or should I just direct link to the vendor? (I am aware that this is prohibited on Ezine so I'll have to submit my articles elsewhere)

All responses are much appreciated :)

Forkypie, Mar 5, 2010 IP
  2. Scrilla650

Scrilla650 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, first and foremost, one of the main objectives for your landing pages is to get their email address. Review sites are a good way to go. Video is hot right now. But the main thing is test test test.

Scrilla650, Mar 5, 2010 IP
  3. Dan Bainbridge

Dan Bainbridge Active Member

Best Answers:
    If it is your first time then I would advise setting it up really simple - just a simple review page which gives plenty of links on to the vendor, and is presented in a nice, clean and simple way - write plenty of articles and link them back to your landing page and see how this goes, and what you learn from the experience. Try one thing at a time, and after doing this you will know what has worked for you and have a much better idea of how things work and what you could potentially do to improve things. In terms of which is better in the long run.

Many use landing pages rather than sending traffic direct to the vendor page, it is considered a better way to do thing to improve your conversion rate - just adding that little extra review / recommendation from an external source does seem to help.

Any approach will work - whether a big blog with lots of articles, a review page, or a niche specific mini site etc. It is really more a matter of preference. It depends on your overall goal / vision, the size of the niche, how much work you want to do, the strength of other products you could promote and so on. Here are a few people who have successful larger sites:
    http://dp-db.com/
    http://successful-hypnosis.com/
    http://r.ecommended.com

And to see successful 1 page websites / landing pages then just type the name of any popular clickbank product into google along with review - i.e. "clickbank product name review" and you will see some decent landers both in natural search and in the PPC listings for most.

Dan Bainbridge, Mar 6, 2010 IP
  4. My220x

My220x Member

Best Answers:
    Write a testimonial based page as they allow you to really connect with the reader which makes them more likely to buy.

My220x, Mar 6, 2010 IP
  5. scheng1

scheng1 Peon

Best Answers:
    since Blogger allows standalone page now, you can even create a landing page in a blog.

scheng1, Mar 6, 2010 IP
  6. the_j0ker

the_j0ker Peon

Best Answers:
    A review page done the right way will convert like crazy.

See my signature for a FREE review page template...

the_j0ker, Mar 8, 2010 IP
  7. ParthS

ParthS Peon

Best Answers:
    If you're going to give Clickbank "a shot" you're never going to succeed. You have to be in it to succeed. And from the questions you're asking, it seems you haven't even started yet.

The key is to get started somewhere, and test things out slowly and steadily. If you want to shorten the learning curve, invest in a good guide.

I heart Affiliate Code is pretty good (notice, no affiliate link anywhere.) Bottom line is that you need to get serious and start working.

Come back when you have a more specific question.

Hope this helps!

- Parth

ParthS, Mar 8, 2010 IP
  8. My220x

My220x Member

Best Answers:
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

My220x, Mar 8, 2010 IP
  9. GeorgR.

GeorgR. Peon

Best Answers:

I have best results with "review style" pre-sell pages. Eg. point out WHY a product is so good and make people buy from your site right away.

GeorgR., Mar 8, 2010 IP