1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Topics that can result in very high or low CTRs

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by videosurfer, Feb 2, 2010.

The theory goes that if you have a good quality site and targeted traffic, you are going to get clicks on your Adsense ads. And experience has shown that this theory is quite sound.

However I believe (and this is untested theory) that certain topics will result in particularly high or particularly low click through rates. This is because the person searching for that keyword phrase may be particularly looking for a commercial product or service (and thus willing to click on an ad), or not particularly looking for anything commercial and purely is looking for information related to the topic (thus less willing to click on an ad).

Does anyone have any thoughts or experience on this? I would be interested to find out.

videosurfer, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  2. monita

monita Peon

Best Answers:
    actually You have to optimized your keyword. there's a lot of high paying keyword and also low paying keyword as well. Loans, insurance, forex is 3 of the highest paying keyword.
    Just some of my experience

monita, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  3. videosurfer

videosurfer Member

Best Answers:
    True - but high paying keywords means that there's enormous competition to get your site well ranked. So you have to find a balance.

videosurfer, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  4. richardfletcher007

richardfletcher007 Peon

Best Answers:
    It all depends where the customer is in the buying process.

They might be researching information to make a buying decision.
    They might be ready to buy.
    Or more likely, they might just be browsing the web, not thinking about buying anything - you can turn them into a customer if you can stop them in their tracks and make them change direction - but this is not easy.

richardfletcher007, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  5. freshersjobs

freshersjobs Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Okay....yes loans, insurance and forex are highly paid....but as someone mentioned...high competition level and really boring topics (i feel like yawning) .... may be something interesting that pays well can be travel portal, job sites or health care portals. Please avoid entertainment sites, news sites, sports or forums....low CPM....more work and less money.

freshersjobs, Mar 7, 2010 IP