1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Articles: Bookmarking for long-term traffic; My site first, THEN Ezine, or vice versa

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by MarkUSA, Mar 5, 2010.

Hi everyone, I need your help. I recently started article marketing and I'd like to ask the experts to clarify something:

1. Should I post my unique articles on my site FIRST, and THEN Ezine? What is more effective? Does it matter?

2. What does it mean to "bookmark articles for long-term traffic". One experienced Internet Marketer whom I've asked why I am not getting many views said: "Unless you bookmark your articles on Social Bookmarking Sites, your articles are going to get buried under a ton of new articles, and you're not going to get long term traffic."
    What exact steps would one take to "bookmark articles for long-term traffic"? :confused:
    Thanks a lot!

MarkUSA, Mar 5, 2010 IP
  2. krispy

krispy Peon

Best Answers:
    1. it doesn't matter
    2. he said it - you need to bookmark on a social bookmarking sites

krispy, Mar 6, 2010 IP
  3. MarkUSA

MarkUSA Peon

Best Answers:
    Can anyone please comment, besides the guy who is trying to build post count?

MarkUSA, Mar 6, 2010 IP
  4. Meninblack

Meninblack Peon

Best Answers:
    For point 1 )
    You should post the original article to EZINE and before post a rewritted copy of the article to your website :)
    It would be perfect,if you would leave a "sticky"article at your blog,about a review of a product so that when someone comes to your blog,they see the review article first and maybe buy the product and you earn money.
    And for point 2)
    You can find many social bookmarking services around :)
    You will need to submit your articles to social bookmarking networks so that they get popular and they get views.
    Social networks like:Reddit,Delicous..

Meninblack, Mar 6, 2010 IP
  5. LinkBlast

LinkBlast Guest

Best Answers:
    The unique article should be on your website and then you should spin the article and put it on ezine.

LinkBlast, Mar 6, 2010 IP
  6. MarkUSA

MarkUSA Peon

Best Answers:
    MenInBlack,
    Thanks for your reply!
    If I understand you correctly, you suggest MY SITE FIRST, then Ezine?
    How much should I expect to pay someone to "Social Bookmark" each article on a number of Social Bookmarking Services? I am talking about bulk pricing, for example, on 100+ articles.
    I have registered on Reddit to test this. I love the fact that they don't require email verification! We'll see how it goes.

MarkUSA, Mar 7, 2010 IP
  7. scheng1

scheng1 Peon

Best Answers:
    1. write a longer and better one for your website, such as 800 words article. Then split into 2 or 3 smaller articles, rewrite sufficiently for Eza. Provide link to the article in your website.
    2. stumbleupon, digg, reddit are some of the popular bookmarking sites. Can also use twitters to tweet the articles.

scheng1, Mar 7, 2010 IP
  8. jdsoriental

jdsoriental Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you should try to post your articles on article base directory first, and some articles can go to ezine. I said this because article base takes less time to publish the article than ezine, therefore you can get more traffic and faster traffic. Then you can publish your article on your site and then do social bookmarking on digg, folkd, propeller and mixx

jdsoriental, Mar 7, 2010 IP
  9. razor

razor Peon

Best Answers:
    can anyone of you guys send me a link that explains how i can use social bookmarking what it is and what should i do with it, i`m reading this whole thread and don`t understand anything cause the basic word "social bookmarking" is so confusing to me so pls be nice and help me out thank you

razor, Mar 7, 2010 IP
  10. MarkUSA

MarkUSA Peon

Best Answers:
    SAME EXACT QUESTION AS RAZOR! I happen to know what it is, but just like Razor, looks like I don't know how to do it properly. I've submitted several links to my articles to StumbleUpon and Reddit, but there was no increase in the # of views... I am being told that Digg no longer accepts Ezine articles, but I am not 100% sure.

MarkUSA, Mar 7, 2010 IP
  11. antonio5429

antonio5429 Peon

Best Answers:
    You can submit to bookmarking sites and articles directory sites like,

buzz.yahoo.com
    digg.com
    articleshall.info

antonio5429, Mar 7, 2010 IP
  12. bigcat1967

bigcat1967 Active Member

Best Answers:
    put articles on your site first - then bookmark them via social BM sites such as Digg and SU.

bigcat1967, Mar 7, 2010 IP
  13. Meninblack

Meninblack Peon

Best Answers:
    Well the best scheme i suggest is this:
    1)Get 10 Unique articles
    2)Rewrite those 10 articles
    3)The rewritted articles will be posted on your blog
    4)The unique articles go to eZine.
    5)You should review 1 clickbank product and post the review on your blog.The review will need to be sticky ,so it's first everytime on the blog
    6)Enjoy the sales.
    This method works for sure :)
    You will need to wait some time ofcourse before you see the earnings.Also you should keyword research for maximoum profits.

Meninblack, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  14. razor

razor Peon

Best Answers:
    i`ll try your scheme but how much time do you give me till my first sale?

razor, Mar 10, 2010 IP
  15. Colbycheeze

Colbycheeze Peon

Best Answers:
    ^^ Great thread! I am about to get into article marketing myself. I don't really have any intention to build up small mini sites, however I am trying to build a large readership to my blog and I believe this could help me get up in rankings for various keywords ( right? )

Colbycheeze, Mar 12, 2010 IP
  16. jdsoriental

jdsoriental Peon

Best Answers:
    Big cat is right

jdsoriental, Mar 14, 2010 IP
  17. Jo W

Jo W Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the info :) I'm quite new to all this too and will give some of these tips a go! :)

Jo W, Mar 14, 2010 IP
  18. funandlearning

funandlearning Peon

Best Answers:
    Would you rather have 10,000 keyword rankings in the #1, #2, or #3 slot for long tailed obscure words that have NO competition, or have 10 keyword rankings for words that get a lot of traffic, but you have lots of competition from other people, and they are really hard to get?
    This question needs to be looked into as well...

funandlearning, Mar 15, 2010 IP
  19. zicer

zicer Peon

Best Answers:
    put articles on your site first then where ever you can. think about google penalties for double contents, so if google bot find post on your site first YOU ARE OK

zicer, Mar 15, 2010 IP
  20. diduknow

diduknow Peon

Best Answers:
    I've used bookmarking sites, but I need to know how to make the bookmarking sites generate traffic. Obviously the key to driving traffic is good content, but are there any tricks to promoting content on bookmarking sites more effectively?

diduknow, Mar 15, 2010 IP