1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I have site averaging 4,000-5,000 unique visitors a months, but barely any revenue??

Discussion in 'General Business' started by visualkreations, Mar 4, 2010.

I have a site averaging 4k-5k unique visitors a month, i know thats not a crazy amount of visitors but it is pretty decent. I also have adsense in a couple of places on the site, however its not generating any revenue , maybe a few cents every couple of days. the majority of the traffic is coming from th UK.

any ideas on how to increase revenue on this?

the site is: www.theclevelandshow.biz

Thanks for your time.

visualkreations, Mar 4, 2010 IP
  2. erase

erase Member

Best Answers:
    place some ads between the videos. Not too many though.
    Once the visitor scrolls down on your site they can't see any ads anymore and I guess this is why you don't get many clicks.

erase, Mar 4, 2010 IP
  3. Souleclipse

Souleclipse Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Agree with erase. Your ads is too small. You may wish to put more in between post not just on top.

Souleclipse, Mar 5, 2010 IP
  4. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Why don't you used other ads network such as bidvertiser?

mentos, Mar 5, 2010 IP
  5. webmasterphi

webmasterphi Peon

Best Answers:
    yah i also agree with them the ads placement is not optimized that's why it doesn't make any money... my suggestion is the same with them try to put couple of ads beneath so that when your visitor needs the ads they can click it anytime... plus i suggest you make special post in between offering some products of your affiliate network because your visitor might get interested with it...

webmasterphi, Mar 5, 2010 IP
  6. lucomm

lucomm Peon

Best Answers:
    Also maybe try changing ad and website colors around to see if you get better results

lucomm, Mar 5, 2010 IP
  7. Fergal

Fergal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If Adsense is not bringing in revenue, you might try selling ads directly to advertisers. You could promote the ad slots on your site and on various forums, such as here on DP.

You could also try promoting an affiliate product or service that is relevant to your visitors. Have a look at some of the affiliate networks such as ClickBank and Commission Junction.

Fergal, Mar 5, 2010 IP
  8. crutchy

crutchy Active Member

Best Answers:
    There is a huge obsession of getting adsense ads integrated perfectly with your website, true, they need to blend, but they do in some ways need to be noticeable (unlike yours) to the visitors. They need to spot the ads, read them and then think "oh, I like the sound of that" then they click.

crutchy, Mar 5, 2010 IP
    chemicalinck likes this.
  9. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    a great example of good ad placement is this forum itself. why don't you put the side bar in the right.

etc, Mar 5, 2010 IP
  10. chemicalinck

chemicalinck Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Since yours is purely a video streaming site, why not use video advertisements? But this may affect your traffic rates. Worth a shot though!

Good luck with your site.

chemicalinck, Mar 5, 2010 IP