1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

End of Pagerank no very far

Discussion in 'Google' started by GULLIVER, Mar 3, 2010.

1. RightMan

RightMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am happy that google itself has now acknowledged that PR is overhyped and it needs to rebrand it.
    If they do decide to shelve it completely... which I very much doubt, it will surely remove huge many sites from the internet which exist purely to gain PR and to sell links! :eek: ;)

Regards,

RightMan

RightMan, Mar 5, 2010 IP
    Gnoc likes this.
  2. Reviewz

Reviewz Peon

Best Answers:
    I notice many high PR sites (PR 6 above) are no longer indexed as much as before, even though their total number of pages is really a lot. This is one sign of Google devaluing PR?

Reviewz, Mar 5, 2010 IP
  3. wwws

wwws Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If they end it, I will finally be able to remove the Google Foolbar, yehey! But I really do think they wont, made they famous. It's funny that they are just bringing "the hype" just now, Google Inc itself is nothing but a big hype all together.

wwws, Mar 5, 2010 IP
    Gnoc likes this.
  4. downloadvyp

downloadvyp Peon

Best Answers:
    personally i like the PR. but yes,it is not that important.there are many other factors that are far more important

downloadvyp, Mar 5, 2010 IP
  5. powerlifer

powerlifer Active Member

Best Answers:
    about time really, its become abit feeble.

powerlifer, Mar 5, 2010 IP
  6. wptheme

wptheme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Still, your title is very misleading. :p

wptheme, Mar 5, 2010 IP
  7. miketailor

miketailor Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey buddies,

I just wanna know when is the next google update. I know no one can really predict it but any guesses? Also i want to know when was the last google update happened?

Actually i have newly made some blogs and wondering the strategy to get it ranked well soon. Please it me know anybody knows it so that i can make my strategy.

miketailor, Mar 6, 2010 IP
  8. teckinik

teckinik Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think it gonna happen. Pr is great technology and I don't think google is going to dump it. Such news are just made to get attention.

teckinik, Mar 6, 2010 IP
  9. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Google should have been more responsible from the launch of pagerank and explained what it was properly, but that was by no means a mistake, they are very deliberate in everything that they do, they stay silent when it suits them.

Theres no sign at all of the end of pagerank, investments like that dont get dropped, they at most get renamed or slightly newer information gets put out there.

Or to keep everyone confused as they so much prefer, they make a vague comment and leave the internet population to create something out of nothing.

This is what keeps google growing and out of trouble, they remind me of psychics and the cold reading tactics that a psychic uses, you actually provide them with more information without realising it than they ever officially announce anywhere about anything.

Google encourages us to believe what we feel like believing.

Of course it creates another article for the company who got to talk with the google guy.

pipes, Mar 6, 2010 IP
  10. alimog

alimog Peon

Best Answers:
    They probably remove pagerank from all the tools, but still have it as a behind the scenes indicator of popularity.

alimog, Mar 6, 2010 IP
  11. megastar64

megastar64 Peon

Best Answers:
    My god... So many sites created just with a PR check tool will become worthless .

megastar64, Mar 6, 2010 IP
  12. themyspacebank.com

themyspacebank.com Peon

Best Answers:
    I also personally think that page rank will not be thrown out - although it is not nearly as important as it use to be it is still important in the aspect of determining the importance (partly at least) of a web site. Like I said I know it is not nearly as important as it was a few years ago, but they do need some kind of way to show the importance of a web site and I think that page rank is one of the best ways to do that so far. I just don't see them getting rid of it, unless they have something to replace it with.

themyspacebank.com, Mar 6, 2010 IP
  13. Bagless

Bagless Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm sure there are thousands of equally important factors that Google takes into account, the difference is that PR is the only one that gets published.

Bagless, Mar 6, 2010 IP
  14. xc06

xc06 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I didn't get what the point of changing name of "pagerank" is , whatever name you call, people will take it seriously.

xc06, Mar 6, 2010 IP
  15. dimaks

dimaks Peon

Best Answers:
    i think ive read about this thing few months ago.. but still great content rules, i suppose.

dimaks, Mar 6, 2010 IP
  16. Mehungwaylo

Mehungwaylo Peon

Best Answers:
    Pagerank is a valuable commodity on the internet. putting an end to PR would mean a loss of income for alot of people.

Mehungwaylo, Mar 6, 2010 IP
  17. mcbrett

mcbrett Peon

Best Answers:
    It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Although, I hope they keep PageRank around. It's just one more metric you can use to identify the value of a domain.

mcbrett, Mar 6, 2010 IP
  18. RightMan

RightMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    At the same time... it would help unclutter internet of lot many useless and worthless sites that exist with sole purpose of PR. I guess such sites would outnumber useful and informative sites... by a huge number! :(

Regards,

RightMan

RightMan, Mar 6, 2010 IP
  19. Fervid

Fervid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    People, especially new webmasters put too much emphasis on pagerank. The pagerank that you're seeing in your toolbar is a historical "snapshot" of what your pagerank was at some point in the past. The pagerank that google is currently using to rank sites may be drastically different. The pagerank metric many of you consider to be the end all be all is actually quite irrelevant. I personally have no idea what the pagerank is on any of my sites and I couldn't care less. I build sites for visitors, not for search engines. I feel that the quality of content on the internet and therefore the internet as a whole would be drastically improved if google removed any kind of publicly viewable ranking metric to force webmasters to build quality sites.

Fervid, Mar 6, 2010 IP
  20. choice

choice Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Dont think they will get rid, simply rename it something else

choice, Mar 6, 2010 IP