1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Here's my situation...

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by PoohBear88, Sep 3, 2006.

I have my main site I had 2 years ago...

When I was an idiot back when i knew nothing of adsense I clicked my own ads. Hey who could catch me? Them. :) So they banned my account. This was over a year ago.

Now, my friend is displaying his adsense code on my other sites and then taking the $.

My question is, what happens if his adsense code is displayed on that site that's banned? Is the site banned or was just my account? Does google consider sites that may have been sold and now under a new owner, hence the adsense code?

Just wondering.

Kyle

PoohBear88, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  2. moneyspeaks

moneyspeaks Peon

Best Answers:
    well if they've canceled his account or contacted him telling him to remove his ads, then yes I'd say they care. If his ads are running fine and you haven't heard anything, then you'd prob bet that they don't care

moneyspeaks, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  3. PoohBear88

PoohBear88 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry if I didn't make this clear. His ads are not on the site that initially got me banned. His code is on my other sites that never had my adsense on it.

4. mooiness

mooiness Peon

Best Answers:
    @PoohBear88: answering your initial question - it is your account that is banned and not the site. Some ppl who are fortunate enough to get accepted again, or who have used a friend's / relative's name to apply for another account, then uses the new Adsense ID on the exact same site.

But if they violate the TOS again, then that account will be banned too.

The site can live on forever because as you've mentioned, sites can change ownership and designs over time.

mooiness, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  5. PoohBear88

PoohBear88 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks mooiness.

I'm hesitant adding the new code still even after a year, can I get someone to agree with mooiness just in case?

So far so good :)

6. PoohBear88

PoohBear88 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'd like to bump this in order to get more input.

PoohBear88, Sep 4, 2006 IP
  7. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Bumping one's own thread results in a one point infraction, just so you know.

But if it's your "friend" (seriously? :D) who has his codes on your site, that will be fine, because it's the account that was ban, not the site.

And just in case your "friend" is actually "you", don't expect to get away with it for very long. Adsense ALWAYS catches you for a second account sooner or later, usually when you're about to be paid, and they audit your information. (But in case your friend actually exists, never mind. ;))

jackburton2006, Sep 4, 2006 IP
  8. PoohBear88

PoohBear88 Active Member

Best Answers:
    lol no he really is my friend and the checks really do get sent to his house. However, I do access the account on my computer from the same IP from the account I used before. I've done this for over 2 months and no problems.

But yea, I dont have a second account, I just place his code on my sites.

9. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Then you seem to be in the clear. Of course, until the day when he decides he's no longer such a good friend and takes all the profits for himself and you can't exactly do anything about it except remove his ads. :D As they say, friends and money don't always go together.

Might wanna start thinking of an alternative. Have you applied for YPN yet? Then try any number of Adsense alternatives, like Adbrite, Bidvertiser, Clicksor, etc. If you can get into YPN (Yahoo PUblisher Network) you're bound to make at least double what Adsense is currently paying you.

jackburton2006, Sep 4, 2006 IP
  10. PoohBear88

PoohBear88 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Adbrite would be an alternative but won't expect that great of results. Clicksor i've never trie but may try soon.

YPN I've applied for multiple times and they told me they would contact me when it's released. So... rejected for now.

Thanks for your help :)

11. forumpromotors

forumpromotors Peon

Best Answers:
    your site url get banned always with your adsense account, so if your friends is showing the ad's on your site that means you can do this with your own account too, just create a new account on adsense with any of your spouse name and put the code in the site.

forumpromotors, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  12. intiendes

intiendes Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah thats a good one ... find a wife and enroll adsense in her name :)

intiendes, Sep 5, 2006 IP