1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Invalid Clicks

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by FireStorM, Sep 4, 2006.

How does Google know clicks which are invalid ? Is there any difference between clicks which are normal and those invalid? ( I mean human clicks not bot click )

Google's proprietary technology analyzes all adclicks for invalid click activity , how they do so :confused: :)

FireStorM, Sep 4, 2006 IP
  2. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Their big secret is...

[​IMG]

jackburton2006, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  3. clancey

clancey Peon

Best Answers:
    I would not be surprised if all clicks coming through anonymizer sites with static IPs are considered invalid.

I would expect that the big computers at Google are looking for constant ad clicking from specific IP addresses -- even from one website to another looking for invalid clicks and signs of AdSense ads disguised as content and/or sites where AdSense is the only way to click out.

I would suspect they watch high paying keywords for unusual click activity.

AdSense has been around a long time. If it were my program, I would have developed a typical pattern for AdSense revenue per niche per 1000 visitors per days the website has been live. If revenue exceeds the norm by a specified margin, I would investigate further, whether by human means or more detailed time and/or IP-based click analysis by computer.

I would also have created an model for normal traffic growth for websites in specific niches, modified by page rank and back link statistics. I would take into account each site's ratio of pure content, clickable content, ads, and hidden content per page with and without ads and across the entire website. I would then develop a picture of typical click through rates and ad revenue based on this data per days the site has been live.

Since I am indexing such a large amount of the web, my traffic forecasts for individual sites would also take into account whether the site is getting any buzz -- whether I was highlighting the site in anything else I was doing. For instance, if your site happens to earn a blog link in one of the Google served pages, the algorithm ought to recognize there was an improvement in buzz, which will have a bell impact on traffic depending on how much buzz factor I have contributed.

As you can see, based on the partial amount of data which we all know Google has, it is easy for Google to know that something is odd.

clancey, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  4. forumpromotors

forumpromotors Peon

Best Answers:
    successive clicks or the clicks from the same or relivant ip's considered to be invalid for false clicks. like if you click of a ad and in the same visit you click it again and again, then it should be called invalid clicks.

forumpromotors, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  5. intiendes

intiendes Peon

Best Answers:
    what if you have these friends that you ask to click on your ads ... (all in the same city - but different IP) and they all did everyday ... they click 1 add on your site and then again visit it the next day and click another ... is it invalid clicks also?

intiendes, Sep 5, 2006 IP