1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[ASK] I buy a link from PR5 site for 6 months, after 2 months his rank drop to PR3

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by TokoSuntik.com, Mar 4, 2010.

Hi.
    Here's my story. I paid for a blogroll link from a PR5 site, but even after almost 2 months my page rank didn't even budge from 0.
    Moreoffer, when i check PR5 site i buy from, it turns out that the site is now only PR3

I Private messege the seller for a refund, here's the seller responses:
    Is it me te one being unprofessional? Is this things commonly happend on buying links?
    I wastes money and 2 months of time for nothing.

Thanks for your opinion

TokoSuntik.com, Mar 4, 2010 IP
  2. praetserge

praetserge Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's normal and I burnt myself like that a few times.

But the main thing you have to check the backlinks to the website before buying links there. As you know there're plenty of PR4+ websites which just a few backlinks and it's obvious that their PR will only go down.
    Also, there're many people selling links on high PR domains bought here on DP. As you understand those domains will lose PR as the owners have no interest in building links to them as it's cheaper to buy a few PR4 or PR5 domain again and sell links there.

When you buy links just make sure you buy from serious websites (even if it's just PR1 and you see the webmaster cares about it) and make sure they are related to yours. Thus, even if the website loses some of the PR your link will still be valuable.

praetserge, Mar 4, 2010 IP
  3. selectsplat

selectsplat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's pretty common, actually.

When I purchase backlinks, I pay on a month to month basis. it costs a little more that way, but you can cancel the subscription as soon as the PR drops.

When you buy for 6 months, you normally get a heavy discount, but the drawback is that you assume the risk of the PR on the site dropping.

I would advise that if you are purchasing a link for 6 months, you must be confident that the owner is activly promoting the site, and is accumulating backlinks. here's a few tips of things to look for.

1.) Make sure the site has google GOOGLE backlinks with strong PR. Not YAHOO backlinks, but Goolge backlinks. PR is determined by Google backlinks, and Google discounts or completly disregards many of the backlinks that you might find in Yahoo.

2.) Make sure that the site is regularly updated. if it's a blog, make sure it's getting new posts at least once every 2 weeks.

3.) Make sure it is mostly unique content. Spammers love to throw up syndicated spam blogs (splogs) and try to sell links on them. check using copyscape

4.) Make sure the page has a low number of outbound links. The amount of linkjuice that is passed is determined in part by the number of outbound links on the page. The fewer the outbound links, the more pagerank it will pass.

5.) check the alexa rank. Sure, alexa rank can be easily manipulated, but if you find a pr4+ that has more than 1 million alexa, it's likely the owner isn't promoting the site at all.

6.) if its a blog, check the technorati rank. That will tell you if the blogger is active in the blogging community.

7.) Check the age of the domain. I wouldn't recommend buying links on any domain that is less thna 3 months old.

Hope this helps.

Hope this helps.

selectsplat, Mar 4, 2010 IP
    Nconn likes this.
  4. PetCareEducation

PetCareEducation Peon

Best Answers:
    The site was probably actually a PR3 when you bought it. When buying links you have to do your research... Do not rely on a tool that is updated every 3 months.

PetCareEducation, Mar 4, 2010 IP
  5. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    I don't think you can expect a full refund. You have had a link on his site for two months now apparently. However, I don't think you are out of order by asking for a partial refund. If he doesn't give it to you, just keep in mind this was a lesson learned. It's really up to the seller on whether he wants to be a good businessman or not. If he gives you a refund, there's a good chance you'll buy from him again in the future because you know he is honest about what he is selling. That's the way I would look at it if I was him.

PHPGator, Mar 4, 2010 IP
  6. Traffic-Bug

Traffic-Bug Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think he can consider giving you refund for 4 months period because you paid for PR5 link for 6 months. But you received PR5 for only 2 months, and then PR3. In any case, this gives the lesson that whenever buying links, buy on month by month basis, because you never know how the PR is going to change the next day.

Traffic-Bug, Mar 4, 2010 IP
  7. TokoSuntik.com

TokoSuntik.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Well i tried your suggestion and here is his response:
    [​IMG]

What a good seller eh..?

Funny that profesionalism is now passed on buyer, not seller

Actually i once brought link from other guy for 1 month (lucky me those time it's 1 month), and the site owner write the anchor by my competitor site address, not to mention how harsh he is when i ask him to change the anchor :(

i think the rule after the payment made is : i don't care anymore customer, bye bye

TokoSuntik.com, Mar 8, 2010 IP
  8. saffc

saffc Member

Best Answers:
    my site has 1 year old ,but pr=0,i don't know how to improve it,but i learn some from this post

saffc, Mar 8, 2010 IP
  9. seo-virus

seo-virus Peon

Best Answers:
    Sometimes if you are really interested to buy links (which is not advisable due to some circumstances like this ) its better to ask for a copy of webstats of the site. With this you'll be able to determine the flow of his statistics if its stable or not..With Pr check also the backlinks of that site in order to avoid ending up buying pr5 then after an update going down to pr3..Just make sure the site backlink has enough relevant and quality links.

seo-virus, Mar 8, 2010 IP
  10. selectsplat

selectsplat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A couple of suggestions.

First, you can always leave negative itrader, but you run the risk of receiving it in return.

Second, always deal with reputable members. make sure they have excellent itrader, green rep, and plenty of posts. There's a ton of dopes in here selling links on every type of spam blog imaginable, so you need to be careful.

Third, I don't want to seem self servings, but whevever possible, I recommend dealing specifically with text link ad brokerages. You might pay slightly more for a brokerage services, but it's in our best interest to make sure our advertisers are happy. We don't want one 6 month contract and then lose you forever as a customer. We want you to come back for more every time you need text links. AND, it's in our best interests to make sure the websites in our inventory are higher quality than you'll see in forums such as these. And I don't mean just our service, but most of our competitors as well will make sure that you're happy with the text link ads you pay for.

selectsplat, Mar 8, 2010 IP
  11. macca81625

macca81625 Peon

Best Answers:
    theres nothing you can do about it, pagerank is as he says, google has control of pagerank, he can't know if his pagerank is going up or down because he doesnt know who links to him, if it goes from 5 to 0 then its your own fault you can check everything before you buy the link to know whats likely to happen

macca81625, Mar 8, 2010 IP
  12. rosn007

rosn007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, all you can do is simply NOTHING! you got a good lesson from what you paid. The most important thing you need to consider while buying links is the number of OBL. If you figure out the site has a number of OBLs, simply say "NO" and look elsewhere. If a guy has PR5 and a number of clients like you purchase links from him, the odds are that the PR will automatically fall in the next google update. So, make sure the OBL of websites you are going to deal with will not exceed more than what Google can tolerate. Also, don't consider "MONEY" as a sole factor while buying links. Quality comes with price!

rosn007, Mar 8, 2010 IP
  13. joshvelco

joshvelco Peon

Best Answers:
    That's unlucky! Not your fault, just one of those things. Probably not the site's fault either TBH, lower PR means less business for them doesn't it

joshvelco, Mar 8, 2010 IP
  14. abusseta

abusseta Peon

Best Answers:
    Really unluckt :( Nothing can do imo

abusseta, Mar 8, 2010 IP
  15. mike_sun

mike_sun Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey,
    Pr juice is completely depend to Google algo's. I assume if his sites doesn't dropped PR from 5 to 3 but incline 5 to 9, Is there any chance you would be paying him a awesome money, i guess not!
    But i am really sorry, your site still having PR0, hope you will be careful by figure out a website before making a deal.

mike_sun, Mar 8, 2010 IP
  16. seo555

seo555 Peon

Best Answers:
    nice thread its very useful to new SEO person they can understand about paid link which type of problem facing paid link also about PR down and UP techniques thanks all to good discussion

seo555, Mar 8, 2010 IP