1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to avoid getting Banned but still be able to view web site/pages.

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by medicmandave, Sep 3, 2006.

Hi All:

First time posting on here so a big HELLO to everyone:) .

My first ever question is: How to view my web sites/pages that have Adsense ads on them without getting banned for invalid clicks/impressions.

I have had the warning email that they have detected invalid clicks/impressions and I know what everyone say's "It was not me (honest)" but in this case it was me, down to simply not knowing that viewing my own Adwords ads for my own sites could cause invalid impressions of my own sites. I use Adwords to promote my sites and during the set up process for my Adwords ads I have been clicking on my own Adwords ads to check that the URL was working correctly and that the site had been uploaded correctly and was displaying as it should.

I have not used, paid for or asked for anyone to click on my Adsense ads (Honest) so it seems the invalid impressions detected were accidentally from me.

I contacted Adsense explaining everything and after several email replies from them seem up to now have been forgiven.

In future how can I view my sites to see if they are working correctly and that they are displaying Adsense ads correctly without commiting click/impression fraud.

I have tried the Adsense preview tool without any success as it seems to need my own page to be displayed before I can use the tool, which seems to defeat the object.

Any help or guidance please would be helpfull.

Many Thanks
    Medicmandave.:cool:

medicmandave, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  2. phillip

phillip Active Member

Best Answers:
    i dont know if there is such thing as "impression fraud" because if youre like me i refresh the webpage alot to make sure my coding is alright. plus impressions dont make money the clicks do.

phillip, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  3. JC007

JC007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    JC007, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  4. ottodo

ottodo Guest

Best Answers:
    I think Google Team monitor your IP and stand by to avoid clicking from that IP

ottodo, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  5. phillip

phillip Active Member

Best Answers:
    but impressions from IP dont matter do they? cause i refresh alot when im making a page

phillip, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  6. tschrock

tschrock Peon

Best Answers:
    I have viewed my own pages tens of thousands of times, and I have never received a warning from Google. The only time you might have a problem is if Google thinks you are trying to get around their detection technology and make some $$ on CPM ads.

CPM ads pay based on the number of impressions. If you are on the level, you have nothing to worry about. If you are doing something to take advantage of the system we will all laugh together when you are banned at the first payday.

tschrock, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  7. williamtan

williamtan Peon

Best Answers:
    It's okay to refresh your own site with Adsense, at least that's what Google told my friend when I was webmastering for him. Afterall, it's the click thru that earn the bucks, not impressions.

However, Google do forbid excessive invalid impressions on Adsense by "automated" means (ie. paid to surf). I believe Adsense will deliver better (CPC) Adsense to site with more impressions, that's why we've to draw the line clearly.

Cheers, William

williamtan, Sep 4, 2006 IP
  8. profuse

profuse Peon

Best Answers:
    profuse, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  9. FireStorM

FireStorM Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You have misunderstood it all i think.

FireStorM, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  10. lordlisa

lordlisa Peon

Best Answers:
    You can check with Google Publisher Tools
    It will help you a lot

lordlisa, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  11. forumpromotors

forumpromotors Peon

Best Answers:
    well i faced the clicks problem from my own staff when i build my first few web sites, so i started to think about the strategy to overcome this issue before they bann my sites.
    I researched from so many online article sites which i found many usefull ones too. so i madeup my mind to change .htaccess parameters for this. i collect all the adsense related url's and put them on .htaccess file so my local network only see's the ad's but they can't click on them. if you need the script then send a PM, i'll send it right to you.
    the other option is to disable Javascript on your local machine so ad's won't appear there.

forumpromotors, Sep 5, 2006 IP