1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO charges

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by kuldep, Mar 3, 2010.

I need to optimize a site ( loans website ).
    Presently we rank Google Kw 56 SERP ,PR 2
    My client desires to get among top 5.
    Now i am confused that what should be the exact charges as this is the first time i am working as a freelance.
    Could any help me to know the reasonable or hourly prices.

kuldep, Mar 3, 2010 IP
  2. vikashwebmaster

vikashwebmaster Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you can charge what you desired if you have enough confidence to bring your clients site in top 5.

vikashwebmaster, Mar 4, 2010 IP
  3. berg101

berg101 Peon

Best Answers:
    Quote ur price for particular keywords.

berg101, Mar 4, 2010 IP
  4. desperateboy

desperateboy Peon

Best Answers:
    You should get 200$ with 1-5 keywords per month

desperateboy, Mar 4, 2010 IP
  5. vijay pathania

vijay pathania Peon

Best Answers:
    1500$ to bring three keyword in first 10 results....as i heard ...

vijay pathania, Mar 4, 2010 IP
  6. fabola

fabola Peon

Best Answers:
    you should take $150 per month as freelancer , to be in top 5 is big task so you need to work on regular basis , to maintain the ranking work should going on , so charge on monthly basis.

fabola, Mar 4, 2010 IP
  7. lalit.pixelsmedia

lalit.pixelsmedia Peon

Best Answers:
    You should understand the complete work details. And how much time you will spend for it and you will how much you should take per hour. And I think you better kbow how much your own price per hour.

lalit.pixelsmedia, Mar 4, 2010 IP
  8. roomz

roomz Peon

Best Answers:
    Depending upon the competitiveness of the keywords, I charge about $200 for around 5 keywords. But I would suggest you to always keep the range flexible. And always try to push them as much long tail keywords as you can. ;)

roomz, Mar 4, 2010 IP
  9. kalpana.allu

kalpana.allu Peon

Best Answers:
    You can charge on monthly basis.i think you can ask from 7000 to 10000 per month.

kalpana.allu, Mar 4, 2010 IP
  10. proxywhereabouts

proxywhereabouts Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hah??????? in dollars?

proxywhereabouts, Mar 4, 2010 IP
  11. B.Williams

B.Williams Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think it depens on competition for that particular keywords and their competitors. You can asked your clients about it then you will know better.

B.Williams, Mar 4, 2010 IP
  12. guruje

guruje Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you are new freelancer, I suggest you that you should get minimum prices because this is better for your credit history.

guruje, Mar 4, 2010 IP
  13. Localism

Localism Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow - this is not such an easy one to answer as I'm seeing above. The price in my opinion - is completely reflective of the market and competition.. For example, I would charge $200 for optimization on simpler terms, ones you know you can dominate without extraneous effort. On the other hand, if a client asked me to optimize a loans website on the phrase "Low Rate Loan" or something competitive - I would sit down with the client, explain the pros and cons, the costs and benefits and ultimately determine the plan together. In your case I would ask for an hourly rate, but first create a plan of action and discuss it with the client. Upon discussing the plan your client has a better idea of the barriers and efforts, and will likely be more willing to pay your price.

For a loans website, I would typically target long-tail terms for the majority of traffic but if your client demands a competitive phrase then you're in for a ride. In that market you're looking at doing some extreme PR, building links with authorities, engaging in SMO and pretty much every tool in the seo arsenal. In addition it's very difficult to guarantee a timeline for competitive terms as you cannot control the rankings, the change in algorithms or your competitors efforts. In this case I often offer to supplement the phrase with some AdWords ads, or PPC bids to satisfy them. In 95% of the sites I've optimized the majority of traffic comes from long-tail terms, it's a common practice and should never be overlooked. Long-tail traffic is more defined.

Good Luck!

P.S. if you're not working locally then you can try a live webmeeting or skype conference. I'm always on skype.. even with local clients :p

Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
    Localism, Mar 4, 2010 IP
  14. unknownpray

unknownpray Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its depend on you (on your income) $20 per week will be OK

unknownpray, Mar 21, 2010 IP
  15. Jalpari

Jalpari Notable Member

Best Answers:
    it depends on competitions, niche and seo tactics u are going to use. share some detail of project so we can help.

Jalpari, Mar 21, 2010 IP
  16. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, so far the answers are between $100 and $10000 a month. That's useful.
    Seriously, though, you say this is your first time as a freelancer, so I assume that means you worked for an agency before, so you must know what they charged. Depending on the local market - average agencies would charge at least $1000 for initial auditing, and starting at $900 a month ongoing, could be a lot more depending on what exactly you're doing for them, how time-consuming the tasks you'll be doing are, and if you'll be subsuming any outsourced costs (for example for online press releases) or passing costs onto the client.

p.s don't share any details of the project, your client will expect confidentiality.

magda, Mar 21, 2010 IP
    kuldep likes this.
  17. wilberthemming

wilberthemming Peon

Best Answers:
    It really depends on the competition for that particular keyword. See what other guys are charging in your niche and go from there. You really just have to decide what you are worth.

wilberthemming, Mar 21, 2010 IP