1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please review my blog + Ad Placement!

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by seankooner, Mar 3, 2010.

I just got into the whole adsense scene, spent weeks reading about SEO, Backlinking and what not.

I finally just decided to go for it and give it a shot! So I registered my domain a few weeks ago.

I just wanted to get some feedback and advice on if I'm headed in the right direction.
    (ie. Ads placed in optimal positions, layout, colors etc.)

www. increaseyourcustomers .com

Also, My site isn't indexed yet. Is this normal? I've done all these tips/suggestions found on this forum such as submitting to Digg/Yahoo Answers etc, aswell as submitting to many directories, blogs, article sites to gain backlinks.

Thanks in advance!

seankooner, Mar 3, 2010 IP
  2. zedomax

zedomax Peon

Best Answers:
    I would wait at least you have built up a good traffic levels, don't start putting ads from the getgo, that will drive away visitors plus you won't make money.

zedomax, Mar 3, 2010 IP
  3. seankooner

seankooner Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply. I noticed my site is actually starting to get indexed today.

What do you think about the general layout of the site / ad placements (I know you said wait to add them later, I'm just curious for later)

4. Sweely

Sweely Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I must say that I'm truly amazed over the domain. How did you get such a "hard" domain name? You won't be having to do lots of SEO work. The domain takes care of it!

Sweely, Mar 3, 2010 IP
  5. seankooner

seankooner Peon

Best Answers:
    Haha, I guess I got lucky. I guess I'll just keep adding content and let stuff happen on its own. While obviously building my backlinks.

6. Dannyexacta

Dannyexacta Peon

Best Answers:
    Create unique content and update regularly..Post in social bookmark,,directories,,Blog Comment....And wait.....Do not post ads first,,focus on how to be trusted site by Mr G..Like Zedomax said in other threat i read "Wait till reach one thousand visitors then Buzz the Ads"..

Dannyexacta, Mar 3, 2010 IP
  7. techno primer

techno primer Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess you have maximized your adsense ads well, I must say that your research paid off. Although I don't believe that it's advisable to fill your site with ads in the first more of launching it. Do more SEO to push SE rank for your keywords. Also try to get some good back links and post on a regular basis.

techno primer, Mar 3, 2010 IP
  8. techno primer

techno primer Peon

Best Answers:
    Agreed except for this "You won't be having to do lots of SEO work. The domain takes care of it!"
    No offense but I believe that a good name is useless without any SEO work.

techno primer, Mar 3, 2010 IP
  9. seankooner

seankooner Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I'll continue with SEO work, I'm not really sure what else to tweak- if you could spot anything out, that would be awesome.

I've pretty much submitted to pretty much every directory I could possibly find, and over 500 blogs. It's getting slower for me to find places to get backlinks.

I'm guessing a huge part of increasing the page ranking is content though, right now I've been trying to do about 1 article per day... Maybe I should try for more...

10. min

min Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice domain name bro...

min, Mar 4, 2010 IP
  11. mlastimoso14

mlastimoso14 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ads placement is good.I think you need to have more traffic in order to get more clicks on it.

mlastimoso14, Mar 4, 2010 IP
  12. linkify

linkify Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your site is not loading anymore. Do anybody else has the same problem?

linkify, Mar 4, 2010 IP
  13. seankooner

seankooner Peon

Best Answers:
    Just tried it, and it's still up :p Kinda gave me a scare when you said that haha.

Yesterday I made $9 from like 6 clicks, didn't expect that at all...

seankooner, Mar 4, 2010 IP
  14. Currency Trader

Currency Trader Member

Best Answers:

I don't want to be a wet blanket, but new sites with adsense have high click values

When you've had a few weeks of regular daily traffic from google, your click values will fall to their true value - usually to about a third of the first few clicks values

Your niche should pay out better than most though, and I'd expect to see plenty of $1 plus clicks on good days

Currency Trader, Mar 5, 2010 IP
  15. seankooner

seankooner Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah I thought something was up, makes sense for them to do that though.
    Right now I'm trying to make my way to the front page of google, I was on the third page 2 days ago,now I'm at the top of the second page.

I feel like I'm doing something wrong though, or that I've hit a wall. Not exactly sure where to go for backlinks anymore, or maybe I should concentrate on content for a bit.

seankooner, Mar 5, 2010 IP
  16. Currency Trader

Currency Trader Member

Best Answers:

Do both - put a new page online and get at least 1 backlink to it - blog commenting on somebody's related blog post is a good way, as you can find the post page though google search using:
    wordpress + yourtopic, or something similar

You may also find your site's pages will drop out of google's top rankings after about 3 weeks unless you backlink to your new content

Currency Trader, Mar 5, 2010 IP
  17. seankooner

seankooner Peon

Best Answers:
    Ahh I guess thats something I haven't been doing. I've only been creating backlinks to my home page, well... and posting every article on Digg too. I guess I'll start doing that and see what happens.

Thanks!

seankooner, Mar 5, 2010 IP
  18. lalitdhiman

lalitdhiman Active Member

Best Answers:
    thnxxxxxxxxxxx

lalitdhiman, Mar 5, 2010 IP
  19. rajiga

rajiga Peon

Best Answers:
    You already found customers by posting your website here.

Ad placement is good. Try to add more content.

Suggest you to move 468x60 AD to just after the first paragraph of the content.

rajiga, Mar 5, 2010 IP