1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ideas for a new social networking site

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Socialnw, Mar 1, 2010.

Hi,

We are building a social networking site and we need some innovative ideas that we can implement in our site. Also please let me know what are the features a general social networking site offers today and what are the features that general users will like in todays internet world.

Kindly help

Socialnw, Mar 1, 2010 IP
  2. clemiatguava

clemiatguava Guest

Best Answers:
    general features = links, photos, videos, profiles, groups etc etc

clemiatguava, Mar 3, 2010 IP
  3. BigRedRobot

BigRedRobot Peon

Best Answers:
    I am glad I found this thread, personally a site that would like facebook's second update would be the best. Also, having the ability to block and entire 'sex' it would help with conflicts in real life

BigRedRobot, Mar 3, 2010 IP
  4. Bartgatbsy

Bartgatbsy Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I hope you building a different kind of social media. A social media with a purpose. Like social media for working moms, pregnant mothers, photographers to name a few. A very saturated market ahead of you, unless you offer something unique and helpful for ppl you'll get a hard time getting ppl to signup or join.

Bartgatbsy, Mar 3, 2010 IP
  5. romanzick

romanzick Peon

Best Answers:
    well the most interesting one i think is multiple social networking. i mean now already exist some social network which join with other social network to create more powerful media . it is awesome

romanzick, Mar 3, 2010 IP
  6. jasonvan

jasonvan Member

Best Answers:
    I notice that a lot of people are frustrated with all the changes that Facebook keeps making. The site is becoming more and more difficult to use for people "set in their ways".
    How about a site that looks like an older version of Facebook. You can then promote it to those people who are tired of all the changes in Facebook. People who liked it better the way it was two years ago.

jasonvan, Mar 4, 2010 IP
  7. MyHub

MyHub Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The best feature the social networking sites offer is the news feed. The other characteristics to consider are the groups, applications, fan pages and wall posts. Notes are also essential, however to use the notes most effectively, you must either 1. convince people to send notes to their friends, or 2. build groups to such a size where you can send notes to everyone in the group. Hope these tips help.

MyHub, Mar 4, 2010 IP
  8. Grobbulus

Grobbulus Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep. one with multiple networking integration.

Grobbulus, Mar 5, 2010 IP