1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

ShoeMoney Ads in BETA

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by sixty6, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    cool thanks... are the 2 placements running the exact same campaigns ?

Shoemoney, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  2. theynd

theynd Banned

Best Answers:
    getting good money with it?

theynd, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  3. sixty6

sixty6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's what Shoemoney's using to display ads like that (basically it lets him pull up listings)
    looks nice..

LOL you should hear this story:

A visitor went to Shoemoney's site and clicked on one of the eBay Ads. A cookie was placed on his computer which identified him as a referer from Shoemoney. Of course he didn't buy anything and left. A couple of hours later, he went back and bought an antique collectibile and got Shoemoney $115!!! :D SLICK

For all those who submitted before yesterday, Shoemoney went ahead and approved all of them in the queue - I got approved today morning and put it on Modern SEO News

sixty6, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  4. MatthewN

MatthewN Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I got a code through a couple of weeks back and havent had chance to log in yet. I activated the account and will be taking a look at shoemoney ads shortly.

MatthewN, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  5. theynd

theynd Banned

Best Answers:

how do i start using them man? i got the code and everything.....
    do i need cj? and an ebay account?

theynd, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  6. sixty6

sixty6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'll walk you through it if you give me a few minutes, I'm on an MSN meeting and listening to Net Income at the same time

sixty6, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  7. jimsmith

jimsmith Peon

Best Answers:
    any guesses as to when the "freeze" will be lifted and new members accepted?

jimsmith, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  8. zeropaid

zeropaid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, got some feedback... I seem to be getting errors from all these ebay ads, I set up some test pages here:

728x90
    http://www.zeropaid.com/chrish/shoeads.php

160x600
    http://www.zeropaid.com/chrish/shoeads2.php

Getting errors like:

Line:3
    Char:1
    Code:0
    Error:Object expected
    URL:http://ads1.shoemoneyads.com/pagead/ads?ad_client=246dff34671589cc9823&type=ebay&campaign=&format=728x90&b=FFFFFF&bg=FFFFFF&h=0000FF&d=000000&l=008000&ad_kw=dvd&kw=
    Code (markup):
    Also noticed the 160x600 links the title while in the 728 only the image is linked not the title.

Just my feedback - love the idea!

zeropaid, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  9. sixty6

sixty6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    he accepted a ton of members today (including me)

sixty6, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  10. zeropaid

zeropaid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    when can we register for the forum? I still get the error about the random image, but there is no random image... hmmm

zeropaid, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  11. iatbm

iatbm Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    yep I am in too .... great .... waiting for ebay on cj.com .... They declined me automaticaly... not sure why .... emailing them right now :D

iatbm, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  12. kkibak

kkibak Peon

Best Answers:
    i hope this isn't irrelevant to the thread, but i was wondering how this is ultimately going to be different from AdSense? I think it's an awesome idea, and very cool of someone to take the initiative and create a new system, but when you think about it more carefully, all contextual advertising--be it PPC or on an affiliate commission-basis (as I understand this to be)--is fundamentally the same. The advertiser is willing to pay a certain amount for each visitor, because they think that x number of visitors will convert to y sales and end with z profit. The same goes for affiliate marketing, right? I mean the format IS different, but a well informed, smart advertiser should be willing to pay you the publisher exactly the same amount they would through adsense.. the only possible difference being how much the ad server (google, ypn, or in this case shoemoney), keeps for himself... this is just sort of a thought i had when looking at this and was wondering if anyone has any comment or insight on this idea... forgive me if im misunderstanding something, and i should reiterate that i am certainly not criticizing this new system in anyway--as i said at the start of the post, i think it's a very cool project.

quick edit: on second thought, I suppose if you are aware that your website WILL be high-converting--that is, if you have a very relevant website with potential customers, you could probably make more (as a publisher) using this system--whereas just the opposite is true with adsense (if we are ignoring smart pricing and filtering)..

kkibak, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  13. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    FYI this is not technically contextual advertising on these e-bay ads. It is keyword advertising.

I just got it set up on one of my sites, and don't have any results yet, but I like the idea, and I suspect it will do okay over time. I think it is really a good thing for very small niche sites as ebay has stuff for sale on about anything you could imagine, so the relevancy is high.

As for comparing affiliate ads and something like adsense, there is a pretty significant difference. When you are getting comissioned on sales, you remove a lot of the questions. You don't have click fraud issues (although sales fraud issues do exist), so with the advertiser only getting paid because of a sale, they can pay a higher rate. It can potentially be a better situation for everyone.

It is all about testing. No advertising tool is the best for every placement on every page of every site. You should treat each spot independently and figure out what works best overall.

aeiouy, Sep 5, 2006 IP
    kkibak likes this.
  14. sixty6

sixty6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You will need a CJ Account if you plan to use the eBay Feature, but if you want to use the rotator that Shoemoney offers, you can have an azoogle account or any other affiliate program which gives you your specified link I believe..

Here is a simple tutorial I wrote a couple of minutes ago and I hope that helps (sorry for not being so neat)

Yeah I don't think Shoemoney saw my post on that earlier, guess someone should remind him:

SHOEMONEY WE CANNOT REGISTER ON YOUR FORUMS, THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH IMAGE VERIFICATION!!

That's odd, tell us why if you get a reply! :)

To take it one step further, affiliate links are not even CPC ads, they are based on leads/referrals/signups, and shoemonyads is simply a rotator script (except for the eBay Ads part - that was genius)

sixty6, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  15. kkibak

kkibak Peon

Best Answers:

Thanks for the clarification on the keyword part, and good point about the click fraud issue--hadn't thought of that.

kkibak, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  16. theynd

theynd Banned

Best Answers:
    no idea wat ur msn is

theynd, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  17. sixty6

sixty6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    sixty6, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  18. theynd

theynd Banned

Best Answers:
    yea, i did just that, but nothing shows up

got pid in and everything

www.yndforum.com, under the banner
    just a blank spot

theynd, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  19. tstaut

tstaut Active Member

Best Answers:
    You have to add a keyword in this line

in your code. (put it between the quotes)

tstaut, Sep 5, 2006 IP
    sixty6 likes this.
  20. sixty6

sixty6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    the shoemoney ads on my site are down too, maybe it's temporary

sixty6, Sep 5, 2006 IP