1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to Recover from google penality June 29th Update

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Softbrix, Sep 5, 2006.

Since the june 29th update my site has dissappear from google. even if I search for my own domain. eyeglassfactoryoutlet.com i'm like number 20 or more. Searching for eyeglassfactoryoutlet i'm in position #24. I was using the co-op network and since removed it and also ask for a re-inclusion request. I have a few Kw that rank between 25-200 but no where close to where I was before. I had top 15 ranking for almost all keywords related to eyeglasses and eyeglass. Can someone please look at my site and tell me what they think might be causing the penalty.

Softbrix, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  2. Christopher

Christopher Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a three word unique business name for my site that I've been using for ten years. PR 6 site.

Every other major search engine out there delivers my site as number one when I put my business name in quotes and do a search...

...except for google. After the June 27th update, it puts 62 scrapper sites, forum threads that mention my business, profiles of my business on other sites, and several bizarre unrelated sites, before my site. I rank 63.

Google is messed up. If they are punishing my site for something (basic seo, no black hat), they are also punishing themselves by providing irrelevent results to their users. But I really think the engine is messed up, and I am shocked that they are apparently in no hurry to fix it.

You used to be able to depend on google to find a needle in a haystack. Not any more.

Christopher, Sep 5, 2006 IP
    Dio likes this.
  3. maks

maks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed. I have not been able to fix my site which previously ranked first page for at least 25 terms according to the DP keyword tracker. :mad:

maks, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  4. LoriVa

LoriVa Peon

Best Answers:
    Some of your titles are too similar (only a number changes out of about 8 words on some titles) and some titles have keyword phrases repeated 3 times. Out of the first 114 pages indexed (before you click on the more results link) all but about 30 of those are tagged as supplemental--probably for the above problem plus too similar descriptions also.

After you click on the more results there are too many descriptions are exactly the same and especially on dynamic urls.

You don't have enough text on the page describing the glasses either. If you look at the page like google sees it (subtract the header/menu/footer and other repetitive text like your order form and the sales pitch that is above every glass offered) then there are only about 6 words on the page describing the glasses and thus no real "substance" as far as Google is concerned - which, along with the duplication in title and description gets your pages marked as supplemental.

I would wager a guess that unless you fix your titles and descriptions so they are totally unique you are in danger of loosing most of your pages.

The problem is -- how many ways can you describe a pair of glasses when you have over 25,000 frames in stock?

LoriVa, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  5. Softbrix

Softbrix Peon

Best Answers:
    i'll think I'll probally erase all the description and start them all over

Softbrix, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  6. kirby009

kirby009 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think some people win and some lose. I was a day to day thing for me at first now it's a little stabble. week to week now.

kirby009, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  7. nddb

nddb Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe one day Google will discover these cool new things called "dynamic content" and "templates". Heh... anyone with urls ending in .html faired any better?

nddb, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  8. Softbrix

Softbrix Peon

Best Answers:
    not to jump the gun but most of my ranking for this site start to go back up after my reinsclusion request. I'm now in #33 spot for kw eyeglasses which is the most competive kw. when I search for my domain either eyeglassfactoryoutlet or eyeglassfactoryoutlet.com I'm still not in the top 10. Hopefully this will be fixed shortly.

Softbrix, Sep 17, 2006 IP
  9. Softbrix

Softbrix Peon

Best Answers:
    seems like I talked too quick, now All my sites are gone from google

Softbrix, Oct 3, 2006 IP
  10. LoriVa

LoriVa Peon

Best Answers:
    Softbrix,

Also look for scrapers stealing your content. Use the following commands:

inurl:yourdomain.com
    inurl:yourdomain (leave off the .com)
    intitle:yourdomain.com
    link:yourdomain.com

Check every one that has your title, description and keywords listed more than once and report them to Google spam, or Goolge Adsense if they use it. Be sure and check their code for hidden text and links.

Also search for large blocks of unique text on your site to see if anyone has copied your home page. In that case you'll have to contact the owner of the site or the host as Google doesn't consider that their problem.

LoriVa, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  11. ixpro

ixpro Peon

Best Answers:
    take it easy and keep maintain the site it can be some problem with google's processing dont take the blame on your seld so fast keep patient and it will get back if you didnt do something evil....

ixpro, Jul 13, 2008 IP
  12. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    Congratulations - you just gave an answer to a 2 year old thread.

Spider-Man, Jul 13, 2008 IP