1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I achieve higher rankings in Google???

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by vibegraphics, Aug 26, 2009.

Hi There,

I have a website(vibegraphics.co.uk) for which I want to attain top rankings for certain keywords. I have put tremendous efforts for the same like link building, social book marking and article submission, but still not able to get the kind of results I desire. Please advise me on any additional efforts I can make to get higher rankings for these keywords.

corporate identity logo design
    cool website design
    logo design uk
    design your own logo
    cheap web site design
    cheap website development
    custom website development
    website development content
    ecommerce website development
    small business website development
    website development service
    logo design process
    web design prices
    website software development
    web design agencies
    website design template
    website design firms
    Manchester Web Design
    website development maintenance
    Logo Design Companies
    logo design competition
    web design job

vibegraphics, Aug 26, 2009 IP
  2. farangkwaiyai

farangkwaiyai Guest

Best Answers:
    I would make a website for each one, including the keyword in the domain, and target each site to be at the top.

farangkwaiyai, Aug 26, 2009 IP
  3. allison567

allison567 Guest

Best Answers:
    try profile backlinking, forum backlinking, ez articles linking to site, articles sites

allison567, Aug 26, 2009 IP
  4. mellymel

mellymel Peon

Best Answers:
    Definitely you need a dedicated page for each one, with keyword optimized title and meta tags, and on-topic content, with anchor text relevant backlinks built to it for that keyword...

mellymel, Aug 26, 2009 IP
  5. Kerant

Kerant Peon

Best Answers:
    I've not researched any of the key phrases that you have listed, but my guess is that some of them will be ridiculously competitive. If you want to rank highly for any of them, you are going to have to put a lot of effort in and focus on just a couple per page (or even site, as some people have mentioned). Terms that are very competitive will take along time to establish a high ranking, so don't expect instant results.

Kerant, Aug 26, 2009 IP
  6. Natheen2000

Natheen2000 Peon

Best Answers:
    First you have to make sure that you are fine with your onsite SEO. Have you setup your title, meta tags, meta description and keywords properly? If yes, How about your content of your home page? Is it unique?

Ok, If all are fine, then, you have to get backlinks from forums, blogs and more otehr ways on what you are doing right now.... keep on getting backlinks, you will be able to top within few weeks.

Natheen2000, Aug 26, 2009 IP
  7. pageupseo

pageupseo Peon

Best Answers:
    create hyperlinks when you are posting article, blog etc.

pageupseo, Aug 26, 2009 IP
  8. PabloPalatnik

PabloPalatnik Peon

Best Answers:
    First of all, you really have to focus on 1-3 keywords and start from there. A list of keywords as large as yours will NOT create a clear SEO strategy. Choose ONE main keyword that you want to optimize for and use in your homepage tags, etc. Start link building around that and then gradually optimize other URLs in your site with the secondary keywords that you want to optimize for.

You can try PPC at first also to drive traffic quick.

As far as how to go about a strategy, etc. There are great resources out on the web. You can follow my blog, I believe to put really good useful info for SEOs and SEMs, thats why I post it. Its the "online marketing tips" link at the bottom of this.

PabloPalatnik, Aug 26, 2009 IP
  9. perigvennetier

perigvennetier Peon

Best Answers:
    As everyone here I think you should make sure that use only ONE keyword per page and optimize the heck out of it and backlink each page individually and not backlink to the home page for example. Google will rank your pages and not your site (which it may eventually if enough of your pages have good quality but it will not in a first place!)

perigvennetier, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  10. tsweez

tsweez Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree that you should focus on only a few keywords. Also, rather than create a bunch of sites, it may be prudent to stick to one and focus on specific keywords for subpages. I think you'll find it'll be easier to build PR for one site, than several.

When it comes to keywords, keep in mind that much of the power here will be in regard to relevant pages vs. relevant anchor text in your links. If you dilute too much, you'll compound the problem when executing your backlink strategy. Once established, you'll then have some flexibility to tackle other keywords.

tsweez, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  11. dailyearner

dailyearner Banned

Best Answers:
    you need to do onpage seo and offpage seo work for your website

dailyearner, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  12. seo555

seo555 Peon

Best Answers:
    target each keywords individual page wise like High search volume keywords use in home page and other low competitor keywords use in inner pages and not target 10 keywords in one page but make individual page for each keywords also use same keywords content in pages which you target on page

seo555, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  13. Radamanto

Radamanto Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm, perigvennetier, are you sure of this? Will google rank the inner pages and not the backlinks to your index or home page? I havent read anything regarding that. If it is, its an interesting piece of information.

Radamanto, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  14. tsweez

tsweez Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually, I don't think this is the case. I think this is more because the sub-pages can be optimized for certain keywords and largely left untouched, while many times the content of a homepage might change a bit. When the content does change, that can effect googles determination of relevancy.

So, if you want to change the content of your homepage, or if it changes dynamically, google may rank it differently while leaving the SERP of your sub-pages intact.

Also consider that links on your home page likely use relevant anchor text to link to the sub-pages which helps Google determine the SERP. If the only links you have to your home page are "home" there's no relevancy you are giving to the page from your own site.

Just my 2 cents :)

tsweez, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  15. surfbear

surfbear Peon

Best Answers:
    Not a good idea in my opinion:
    what about the cost of hosting all these sites?
    what about the time spend building and promoting those sites? after all a link from a useless website is useless.
    Extensive linking between a group of websites resembles link farms, sooo.. that is forbidded by search engines

surfbear, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  16. beven

beven Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you should use these keywords in your site contents & then take back links with these keywords. It 's help a lot for better ranking of your site

beven, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  17. abrilward

abrilward Peon

Best Answers:
    SEO helps! It is the process of improving the volume and quality of traffic to a website on search engines via organic or natural search results for targeted keywords. Do On-Page Optimization first then next is Off-Page Optimization.

abrilward, Mar 3, 2010 IP