1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Server-Side Digital Signature Software

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by fourdesign, Mar 1, 2010.

-DP People

I am hoping that you guys can help me find an adequate software solution. I need to locate software that will allow my users to digitally sign PDF files that reside on my website (e-signature, time stamp, standards compliant, etc.). The software solution must reside server-side and require little to no software on the client side. Does anyone have any experience with this? can anyone recommend a solution for me??

Thanks!

fourdesign, Mar 1, 2010 IP
  2. fourdesign

fourdesign Member

Best Answers:
    Anyone?? Anyone? Bueller?

fourdesign, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  3. FavouritesBlog

FavouritesBlog Peon

Best Answers:
    You want to digitally sign PDF's so a user can verify its authenticy via the client app?

FavouritesBlog, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  4. fourdesign

fourdesign Member

Best Answers:
    Actually, I would like almost the opposite. I would like users to digitally sign PDF files that reside on my website. Basically, my services require a contractual agreement so instead of them signing it and faxing it, I would like them to digitally sign it on my website. Does that make sense?

fourdesign, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  5. FavouritesBlog

FavouritesBlog Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah makes sense :)

From my developers point of view, its going to be a small mission. You will need to develop a JS script, with abilities to modify and post a PDF file.

Its a very good idea, i would consider packaging it into a business plan and approaching adobe. They may be interested in such an idea. Otherwise i would consult a JS, or PHP developer to determine if its possible or not.

Ill have a chat to my guys and see what they can come up with.

FavouritesBlog, Mar 3, 2010 IP