1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DP seems to be Dying

Discussion in 'General Business' started by movidalatina, Mar 1, 2010.

A year ago one would go to any thread and be sure to find if not an informative
    answer or two, some smart alick remark by a DP member(s) and threads would
    be flooded with useless and usefull replies, well in either way one now goes to
    most threads and unless it is Adsense related odds are the thread has 0 replies
    and about 30-40 views. DP has been sectioned off soo much you can open a thread
    about this and looking for answers to that, odds are you will not get it.

So basically It is becoming a hassle to visit DP and even open up threads about
    hiring some one for certain things and expecting to get a bunch of replies, as
    one would before.. Sectioning and all these subForums has killed DP.

Your thoughts..?

movidalatina, Mar 1, 2010 IP
  2. webar2007

webar2007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In my opinion DP is ok organised, but the new restrictions in the BST section might have scared lots of visitors away. The BST section used to attract floods of visitors and the same visitors would probably have made some meaningful posts and threads in the other DP sections.

webar2007, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  3. ppcIcon

ppcIcon Peon

Best Answers:
    The number of spam threads in this section alone shows that the mods/owners need to be more pro-active.

ppcIcon, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  4. powerlifer

powerlifer Active Member

Best Answers:
    most of the unqiue threads arent getting much responses ive found also, threads lik how can i make 300 a day get multiple replies but niche threads barely even get 1-2 replies.

5-6 of the same threads with slightly different titles in the general section get similar loads of replies, when 6-7 threads down there is exactly the same thread sexiest woman or the worlds sexiest woman thread etc.

powerlifer, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  5. TimothyJohn

TimothyJohn Member

Best Answers:
    Don't blame the mods. This site has a lot to handle and they are currently trying to fix everything as they upgrade. If you think the forum needs more moderation, apply :D

TimothyJohn, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  6. JackL00711

JackL00711 Member

Best Answers:
    I think the problem lies with the administrators.

I have had infractions for the stupidest of things, which go on in all successful forums i visit.

JackL00711, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  7. TimothyJohn

TimothyJohn Member

Best Answers:
    Examples of these are?
    I have received them only once where i thought it was unnecessary but you can't hold it against them.

8. JackL00711

JackL00711 Member

Best Answers:
    well Dp like to keep threads going forever, instead of letting them die and starting new ones. For this reason i have had infractions for starting duplicate posts.

The problem with this is the posts similar are often strated over one year ago where the OP is often banned or inactive, aswell as the majority of people who contributed to the thread.

I say don't be so petty, aslong as the thread obeys forum rules and is in the correct section let it be !

9. TimothyJohn

TimothyJohn Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds pretty unfair but sometimes they are just trying to set an example. Nothing you can really do about it hey except really word the question differently :)

10. LiamHammett

LiamHammett Active Member

Best Answers:
    The BST section put me off alot. I came to DP to sell a site of mine but can't for 7 days. Sure it means less spammers, but it annoys me :/
    Also, the 7 day rule in general seems too long for me.
    Fortunetely I can be bothered to wait a week to sell my site, and I'll be sticking around here much longer. I wan't around here before DP died, but I imagine that would be a big factor.

LiamHammett, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  11. Barefootsies

Barefootsies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The 7 day rule is to keep out spammers, and force you to actually be a part of the community. Making it more of a two sided relationship.

2c

Barefootsies, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  12. LiamHammett

LiamHammett Active Member

Best Answers:
    I know that, but what'd stop me from making a post and waiting seven days doing nothing?
    I know why it's there but that is my opinion on why the site may seem to be dying.

LiamHammett, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  13. Clive

Clive Web Developer

Best Answers:
    Fair enough, unless you're in need for money urgently and decide to sell an asset to get it.
    One should be able to sell something straight away if the situation dictates that, and if user can't sell here, he'll surely go somewhere else. That's where the relationship breaks.

I myself received a hard hit in the back with the restructuring of the BST section, where one of my threads which also happens to be the most successful about template coding has been thrown in the dark because of the new thread ordering rule. I wouldn't start a new one though.

Clive, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  14. vanko

vanko Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    DP is best of the best marketing and webmaster forum. I chalenge you, what is the best one beside DP? So I stilllove DP, even I have banned twice :)

vanko, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  15. muncle

muncle Guest

Best Answers:
    That's a thing, dude. Most of the time you don't know what the infraction is for. Mods seem to flag posts just because they can, rather than because there is need and as such these are labeled with some truly dubious, unclear notes or no note at all. What did I get last 10 infractions for - I wish I knew?

muncle, Mar 2, 2010 IP
    Clive likes this.
  16. JackL00711

JackL00711 Member

Best Answers:
    i'm not arguing with that, i'm still here aren't I - But i think the reasons discussed on here are why threads are not as lively as what they once was. From my impression people are quite happy to come on here because as you say there is no better alternative, but because of what has been discussed there is no point in contributing.

17. Malika.Sharma

Malika.Sharma Active Member

Best Answers:
    BST section is surely giving me creeps. There was a time when people participated so much in replying to the threads and finding/hiring someone for a job, to get their job done or for finding a job. Today, scene is very weird. You post a thread and you get 5-6 replies, where once there used to be 10-15 replies.
    I am not saying that MODS are responsible, rather they are doing their job to the best, but something needs to be done about BST section. A lot of people earn their bread and butter through DP only, including me.
    Hope I would see a positive change in the on-going trend.

Malika.Sharma, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  18. arnoldas

arnoldas Peon

Best Answers:
    Well as you know , time changes everything . =]

arnoldas, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  19. myleasecredit

myleasecredit Guest

Best Answers:
    i think a lot of threads go unanswered because people are sick of answering the same questions over and over. people need to search

myleasecredit, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  20. dejanlesi

dejanlesi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I for one also think that the changes to the BST section have driven away a lot of visitors to DP and it is a shame because i really like this forum.. Oh well time moves on and so do we..

dejanlesi, Mar 2, 2010 IP