1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for some info on Google webmasters reconsideration

Discussion in 'Google' started by Phillychzsteak, Jan 13, 2010.

Hello, I have like 15 sites that were penalized together for bad SEO that was done by a terrible SEO company. I submitted them all for reconsideration from google, explained to them that I fired the company for doing the bad SEO, and I fixed up my sites. They then messaged me back 3 weeks later (yesterday) with the generic message:

"We've processed your reconsideration request for http://www.domain.com/ January 12, 2010We received a request from a site owner to reconsider how we index the following site: http://www.domain.com/.

We've now reviewed your site. When we review a site, we check to see if it's in violation of our Webmaster Guidelines. If we don't find any problems, we'll reconsider our indexing of your site. If your site still doesn't appear in our search results, check our Help Center for steps you can take."

So basically my question is, what's next? Anybody have experience with this? How long does it normally take google to remove penalties on your site? Does it happen often?

Thanks for any info.

Phillychzsteak, Jan 13, 2010 IP
  2. larryweiss

larryweiss Active Member

Best Answers:
    I filed a reconsideration request. It took 9 business days before i received the notification in the webmaster tools that the site had been looked at.

Assuming, ( I know that's not a safe assumption ) that someone there "approved" my site, how long does it take to see results. Does it happen immediately? Propagate to data-centers slowly? Wait for the next update?

Anyone with any experience?

larryweiss, Jan 14, 2010 IP
  3. AirForce1

AirForce1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it is hard to be released if you have not modified your sites according to the Google'r Rules before submitting for a reconsideration. :)

Have a good day,

AirForce1, Jan 14, 2010 IP
  4. angilina

angilina Notable Member

Best Answers:
    After receiving this message, yo nu need to wait for sometime. See if there is any kind of improvement in your site's ranking or not.

If there is, then it will mean that your request was approved, however, if you find the same results [no improvement], then it will mean that your request was declined. In that case, Google wants you to view their guidelines to make sure your site do not still violates anything.

angilina, Jan 14, 2010 IP
  5. larryweiss

larryweiss Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys for the responses. But the questions remains unanswered.

How long should I wait with no improvement in rankings before thinking that the reconsideration request was denied.

Days? Weeks? Months?

I have searched this and other forums and have not seen any real answer to this question. There must be someone out there who has been successfully reconsidered, and who can offer his experience.

larryweiss, Jan 14, 2010 IP
  6. abhijit

abhijit Notable Member

Best Answers:
    you can submit a new content in article directories and your website will not be filtered......... so try to submit article in article directories.... the answer is completely based on my experience...

abhijit, Jan 14, 2010 IP
  7. larryweiss

larryweiss Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you webservices4india for your reply.

The questions remains unanswered. We are asking.

HOW LONG
    should I wait with no improvement in rankings before assuming that the reconsideration request was denied.

Days? Weeks? Months?

The reason why I am asking is that my site got banned from the Google VIDEO search. We had videos at position #1 and also #3 and #7 and 4 more positions in the top 100 on one day. The next day you got this message when searching for url. "Your search - xxxxx.com - did not match any videos. So we are definitely penalized 100% but for videos only. The site is #1 and even has "sitelinks" for the web search.

So I figured out what was wrong ( pretty egregious ), confessed, and submitted a reconsideration request. Two days ago I got a note from G in my webmaster tools account saying "We've processed your reconsideration request for http://www.xxxxx.com/". Their response referred me to the guidelines should the site fail to re-appear.

Now I am feeling anxious and depressed seeing no reaction. Maybe it is too soon to expect the site to re-appear. You would be giving me the gift of a decent nights sleep with the answer.

I worded the question so that it should be easy to find should others want the answer in the future.

Please help.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
    larryweiss, Jan 15, 2010 IP
  8. cdbelajar

cdbelajar Member

Best Answers:
    I have got the message too, auto answer by machine :) when you always in the google top ten, google and your competitor don't like you.. I have experienced about that, although my blog have original and useful contents I have banned, one reason that I know up to now that's because my blog contents always in the top ten.

cdbelajar, Jan 15, 2010 IP
  9. Phillychzsteak

Phillychzsteak Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for perfectly rephrasing my inquiry larry, hopefully we get an answer soon. I'm losing sleep over this as well lol.

Phillychzsteak, Jan 15, 2010 IP
  10. tradedemon

tradedemon Active Member

Best Answers:
    I filed some reconsideration requests and like you guys got a response (the standard one after 4-5 days) I then noticed that most of my sites re-gained their SERP rankings after around 6-8 weeks. That's obviously just my experience, others might have experienced different durations.

Hope that helps.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
    tradedemon, Jan 15, 2010 IP
  11. Gazzerman

Gazzerman Active Member

Best Answers:
    I waited 4 months. Still noting, nobody able to answer that question for me in the Google Forum site either. I wish when someone over there has no answer for something that they dont just answer with sarcasm like they did to me all last year. Many of them have a real problem with not knowing answers and admitting to it.

When you see how few people reply about the fact they have been fixed it does make you wonder if the system is being used properly. The fact that they have an automated system that says its been looked at and someone cannot simply also push a button to say "yes fixed" or "no not fixed" is beyond me.

If someone is actually looking at it then surely even a small suggestion cannot be that hard, and after all its in Google's best interest to have quality, so rather than ignore it, help fix it. Unless its just blatent spam. Most of those good users obvoiusly have something people want if they were ranked well in the first place.

Come on Google sort it out, it would save time not having to look repeatedly at the same site for multiple reinclusions just because you could not reply with a simple answer.

Why do everyting so well then fail so miserably to the people that help create you "The webmasters" without us and our sites you would not have had anything to index. Have some respect for them and their businesses and livelihoods.

Gazzerman, Jan 15, 2010 IP
  12. larryweiss

larryweiss Active Member

Best Answers:
    Amen Gazzerman. We finally did get an answer. And that answer is that it can take some time, and that time is in the range of a few weeks to a few months, 6-8 weeks being what was experienced by another webmaster.

That is not what I wanted to hear, but it is good to know that I shouldn't be searching every 15 minutes.

If I do get re-included, I will post the exact length of time it took. And I will post it in a very search engine friendly syntax.

If anyone out there has a more specific answer, please PM Gazzerman and I as well as post to this thread.

larryweiss, Jan 15, 2010 IP
  13. abcyesn

abcyesn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if you watch the videos for site reconsideration. they said that they do manually review the request. But i think it's just BS. google's ppl have no time for that, they don't even have time to answers adwords questions when there's real money in stake.

You can submit site for reconsideration, it will just go through an automated process, which mean the site will be considered as a brand new site. and if algorithm likes it, they will give you site a higher ranking.

abcyesn, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  14. andrewaff

andrewaff Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I had submitted such requests for few of my clients and I got automated reply within 3-4 days most of the times. But most important, The sites were out from the penalty/virus attack sooner, not the matter of months.

First, We need to make sure that all the precautions have been done for making/promoting a website as given in Google webmaster central .

Google webmaster tools implemented properly and configured in the right approach

If this is the matter of Video, we need to submit a Video Sitemap into Google W tools to make the crawling of all videos and quick indexing.

Its all automated from Google and nothing manual to reply except Google adwords case. So if you are not getting expected search results in the max. 1 month time, you need to take care again the overall website promotion/development plan under the assistance of an expert team. There must be certainly some favor sooner if some experience one is trouble shooting that all and implementing right elements there.

andrewaff, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  15. avadhootd

avadhootd Peon

Best Answers:
    yes you are right, it takes 6-8 weeks and if still does not display then it will be done when google updates the next PR, which is every three months, because thatz time when it also updates all the pages and links of a website/blog

avadhootd, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  16. coolerchoice

coolerchoice Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have exactly same problem with my site coolerchoice went through same procedure site is indexed in webmaster tools still no sign on search,it dropped from PR 5 to PR 4 still has same back links ,so i am still waiting,i do not think there is a time scale on this they will re index when they do my tip is if in 3 months or by next PR update your have still not got into results i would consider asking for another reconsideration or look for another domain and start again, I have got 3 new sites indexed in the time its taken them so far,so i will give it until next PR update then call it a day, i can get a site to PR5 in 2 updates no point in trying to get back whats dead right???

coolerchoice, Feb 27, 2010 IP
  17. Trazer

Trazer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    From what I have read online about reconsideration time, it depends on a few factors, but usually it can take up to about 2 months, and some even reported seeing changes within the first week. However, I think that means in terms of getting a Google penalty and losing a lot of traffic - but if you were completely deindexed from Google results, then I assume you should be back in the results within the first 2 weeks, otherwise that should indicate you're still under penalty.

I think the main question you have to ask yourself is, are you still in violation of webmaster guidelines? i.e. if you bought many paid backlinks, even if you come clean, at the time they check your site if you still have paid backlinks pointing to your site, they could look at that in a bad light and not lift the penalty.

Trazer, Mar 1, 2010 IP