1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to add Logo to wordpress blog?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by mohitmohan, Feb 27, 2010.

Hi DP member,

i don't know how to play with codes so i have one problem i wan to add Logo to my wordpress blog so please friend tell me how can i do it,
    please if you can then explain me step bye step so i can do it properly,

Regard

mohitmohan, Feb 27, 2010 IP
  2. waxingpoetic

waxingpoetic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It depends. Some themes come packaged with a logo file and you can just edit the image and reupload it. If the logo is integrated with your header then you have to edit the entire header. Either of these files, you should be able to download and edit. Usually, logo.jpg or header.jpg. Edit the file by adding your logo in an image editor. Replace the old file on your server or in your hosting panel with the new one. You shouldn't have to manipulate any code as long as the file has the same name. WordPress calls the file in PHP. Do you have a link to your blog? Is it the one in your sig?

waxingpoetic, Feb 27, 2010 IP
  3. martinglover

martinglover Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've done a plugin for adding the logo to your login page if you're interested. Google "Logo Branding Tool"

martinglover, Feb 28, 2010 IP
  4. waxingpoetic

Best Answers:
    Hey Martin, I thought your plug-in sounded awesome, so I gave it a try. It didn't replace the logo on my blog. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong? I'll visit the page for it and check the FAQ. I like the concept, though. I will definitely rate it and write a review on my site if I get it to work.

*Edit*
    I didn't find any documentation. I will send you a PM rather than hijack the thread.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
    waxingpoetic, Feb 28, 2010 IP
  5. martinglover

martinglover Active Member

Best Answers:
    FAQ are available for registered users on the blog but I've responded to your PM anyhow - I think i may know why its not working for you..

martinglover, Feb 28, 2010 IP
    waxingpoetic likes this.
  6. waxingpoetic

Best Answers:
    Alrighty...Martin and I got this figured out...more him, than me. hehe This tool brands the log in page for your blog, but it does not update the logo in your header. It's a cool plug-in nonetheless. If you have a logo already, or you're planning on developing one...it's a lot cooler to see your own logo when you log in. Thanks for your help, Martin! Rep +

waxingpoetic, Feb 28, 2010 IP
  7. mohitmohan

mohitmohan Active Member

Best Answers:
    hey guys thanks for replay now i have done , logo is working now thank you all to participate in this

mohitmohan, Mar 1, 2010 IP