1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which protein power do you recommend?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by TaMpE, Feb 24, 2010.

Which protein power do you recommend for someone who is skinny, underweight and doesn't have time to workout and prefers to eat a protein and meal regularly? It's not main for trying to get this guy to get rip body but put a little meat on him.

TaMpE, Feb 24, 2010 IP
  2. error47

error47 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They are all pretty much the same. I use HydroWhey which is a little better. The thing is, im pretty sure you have to be working out to get most of the benefits out of the protein. There are other products on the market that are meant for gaining weight. You should go to GNC and they will answer all of your questions and point out the right stuff you need.

error47, Feb 24, 2010 IP
  3. TheFeedski

TheFeedski Peon

Best Answers:
    For protein powder I use Gold Standard Whey Protein. But I also work out with it. But if you're just looking to gain weight, you could drink one of these shakes with every meal you eat for extra calories.

TheFeedski, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  4. 5starpix

5starpix Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am in the same situation, but I prefer to work out.

I will keep this thread bookmarked, might be useful ;)

5starpix, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  5. TheFeedski

TheFeedski Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh, I also might add this. I use to be really skinny and didn't think I could gain weight. Then I started eating 3000 calories a day and bulked up. But you don't have time to go to the gym so I don't know how it will work. But when I wake up, I eat a couple of three eggs for protein, a cup of oatmeal, and a protein shake. For lunch each some nuts, chicken breast, or tuna, and another cup of oatmeal, then your shake. For dinner (this was pricey) I would have a steak or 8 oz of salmon. Cup of oatmeal, some cottage cheese, and your shake. Before you go to bed eat a spoonful of peanut butter. Its a fast and easy way to get extra calories and protein. But once again, I worked out with it. I'm sure it will definitely put weight on you, just maybe not as much muscle.

TheFeedski, Feb 26, 2010 IP
  6. SELINA47

SELINA47 Peon

Best Answers:
    if you are skinny and trying to gain weight then, i would suggest optimum nutrition weight gainer, which comes in 6lbs and 11 lbs pack.
    and after you have gained some amount of muscle weight , go for optimum nutrition gold standard whey .
    but be sure to get proper nutrition from natural diet as well, have lot's of eggs, bananas, and most importantly lot's of water.
    don't take creatine if you have just started working out.
    i hope this helps

SELINA47, Feb 26, 2010 IP
  7. The_CaveMan

The_CaveMan Member

Best Answers:
    For gaining weight, don't bother with the drinks, just eat lots of nuts and you will bulk up.

Those protein shakes are for taking with food. They are not meal replacement drinks (unless you get a special one).

I've tried AST VP2, ON Whey (many flavours), Dymatize Elite and ISO whey and I'm currently trying out Reflex Micro Whey Isolate (UK brand).

Dymatize flavours taste the best out of them all, but I think it's loaded with artificial sweeteners which are bad for you.

Stick to chocolate flavours, they normally taste the best and mix well with everything. They probably have less artificial sweeteners in them too.

The_CaveMan, Feb 26, 2010 IP
  8. astounded

astounded Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use Gold Standard, but I'd make sure you're diet is n course first. Get plenty of protein in your diet, and using the supplement to do exactly that, supplement. Don't guzzle the stuff down all day!

astounded, Feb 26, 2010 IP
  9. 5starpix

5starpix Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Do you work out on a regular basis?

5starpix, Feb 26, 2010 IP
  10. ansmith1

ansmith1 Guest

Best Answers:
    eating nuts is good for health and also nuts contain the proteins it's a good diet .

ansmith1, Feb 26, 2010 IP
  11. farooqwani

farooqwani Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeahh whey is the best protien source, but if you are looking to gain mass as you said you are skinny, you shud go for meal replacements, having carbs, vitamins and protien in proportions like carbs 65%, Pro 35%, fat 10-15%!

Will help gain wait, muscle and strenth!

farooqwani, Feb 26, 2010 IP
  12. joyfuldesigns

joyfuldesigns Peon

Best Answers:
    I prefer whey protein

joyfuldesigns, Feb 27, 2010 IP