1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Myspace bulletin service not allowed?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by bob50963, Feb 20, 2010.

Greetings,

I use to run a Myspace bulletin service here on DP. At the time the same rules applied.

Yesterday I created a thread asking people if there is still a market for this. I received an infraction saying inappropriate/not allowed.

What did I do wrong? I am under the impression that selling accounts is against the rules. But Im not selling any accounts, I am selling a bulletin post to generate traffic for your Web site. I noticed people selling posts for Facebook with out any harm to there thread.

Maybe the mod misunderstood my thread?

Note: Not complaining about the infraction. It is only one and im far away from a ban. I just need to know if I am allowed to start this service again. I did this a while back and had a lot of customers for about 2 months.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
    bob50963, Feb 20, 2010 IP
  2. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    Such services are no longer allowed.

Stumbles / Diggs / Social Bookmarking / Social Networking - No buying or selling of services; no exchanges; no freebies. (This also includes microblogging services like Twitter, Tumblr, Spoink, etc. or any other social network).

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
    Smyrl, Feb 20, 2010 IP
  3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If the service is more or less spamming, it's probably not allowed.

digitalpoint, Feb 20, 2010 IP
  4. bob50963

bob50963 Peon

Best Answers:

In my own opinion I don't think it is spam. The Myspace accounts are owned by my friends who use them as there own personal space. What ever I post would be appropriate for a Myspace bulletin (my friends accounts are on the line).

bob50963, Feb 21, 2010 IP
  5. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    So everyone that your friends send the MySpace bulletin to opted in for whatever the topic of the bulletin is?

digitalpoint, Feb 21, 2010 IP
  6. bob50963

bob50963 Peon

Best Answers:

Well it is one bulletin to there whole friends list. All of there friends added them because they want to be friends and read bulletins about anything. So If I have some one post something for me it is ok, because no one will find it spam they are all friends on this network. Its not like these profiles are female spam profiles. They are all young adults/teens like me. Some of my posts in the past have been for Myspace resource sites. I find that as a useful tool to share with all your friends. I would never post a bulletin that contains affiliate links (weightloss,ect) as I would consider that spam. So example: If you add me then I have every right to show you anything I want in the bulletins and most likely since you added me you would want to read what I have to say.

Anyways I never had this problem before on this forum. My thread that was deleted wasn't even a sells thread. I asked for opinions and got shut down.

bob50963, Feb 21, 2010 IP
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    If you were only "discussing" the topic why was it in Traffic? Buy/Sell/Trade is for doing deals, not chatting.

sarahk, Feb 26, 2010 IP
  8. bob50963

bob50963 Peon

Best Answers:
    In my opinion its a great place to ask. They are the buyers so why not go straight to them. That being said the infraction was for innapropriate content meaning the mod thought I was selling Myspace account. Even though I talked about bulletins I bet you the mod only thought of accounts. To bad you guys are only human and make mistakes :D

bob50963, Feb 26, 2010 IP
  9. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I think the mod was quite aware you were abusing the social network (MySpace) and not selling accounts.

And because we know people want to talk about this stuff we created
    I know there are lots of categories here but you've been around long enough to know how to read the forum list and to have identified that nobody else was chatting in B/S/T and to therefore conclude that you shouldn't either.

sarahk, Feb 26, 2010 IP