1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best Use of Original Content for a New Site

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by waxingpoetic, Feb 25, 2010.

Hello DP Marketers. I wanted to ask for your expertise. I have an article pack for sale, but I decided if it doesn't sell, then I might as well use it myself. I have a new website that I moved to WordPress from Blogger. None of the content is new right now.

What would be the best way to use the content to boost my site. Should I post the content over time to my site, or submit it to an article site and get a few backlinks? All the articles are about the same subject. Thanks in advance.

waxingpoetic, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  2. expertofexperts

expertofexperts Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes its better to use that package for your blog. Promote your website the same way other people do. But make sure that you post all the articles at once in your blog as ranking in search engines also takes time.

expertofexperts, Feb 25, 2010 IP
    waxingpoetic likes this.
  3. waxingpoetic

waxingpoetic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your response. Should I really post all 10 at once? I was thinking of doing a series and schedule them to be posted over a time period...10 days at the least. They are all on different Twitter tools.

waxingpoetic, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  4. HepCom

HepCom Peon

Best Answers:
    Regular and ongoing posts
    If it is on a blog - then update your pinging list
    Its a shame if you post them in one shot
    If the search engines do not really know that your site is there - then your one shot at letting them know also gives away the whole lot
    Post one at a time on a regular and even conservative basis
    You can post the articles to article directories to build incoming links to promote your site
    However the articles should not be exact duplicates
    40 - 50 % different on rewrites

HepCom, Feb 26, 2010 IP
    waxingpoetic likes this.
  5. waxingpoetic

waxingpoetic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks HepCom. I have quite an extensive ping list. I guess I need to post that somewhere on DP. :D I went to add my site to Google this morning and it was already there. I think it's maybe a little over a week old. Cool.

I've written a couple posts as well, and I'm getting quite a few hits between Facebook, Twitter and DP, so I've got an excellent start. Thanks for your advice. I will probably end up posting the content to my site one at a time over a couple weeks.

waxingpoetic, Feb 26, 2010 IP