1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is an Islamic State according to Muslims?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by gworld, Feb 21, 2010.

1. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Christians have many crazy religious preachers like this al-Faruqi but the same way that people like Jerry Falwell only represent some Christian fanatics, I think your Idol also represents some Muslim fanatics and not all Muslims.
    Your point of view and fanaticism is actually what is dangerous in any society and what western countries try to use as a model for all Muslims in order to convince everybody that west is in danger from all Muslims but we have already seen in this thread that there are many Muslims who don't agree with you.
    In regard to your dislike of my point of view that koran is only an old book, I should say too bad since we are not living in your religious dictatorship and we have freedom of speech.

gworld, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  2. Ibn Juferi

Ibn Juferi Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Ismail al-Faruqi, a fanatic??? Most silly and stupid thing I see from someone. Faruq was recognised as an authority, and well known contemporary scholar. John Eposito was his student, are you saying John Eposito is fanatic too??

I think you need brain check or something if you think Faruqi is fanatic or terrorist or does not represent contemporary Muslim thought. Here are articles praising late Dr. Faruqi and his contribution to Muslim world:

1. Ralph Braibanti
    2. S. Pervez Manzoor
    3. Anwar Ibrahim

You tell me whether these people also are fanatic for praising Faruqi??? Your disgusting remark on distingushed scholar, the late Faruqi, is silly stupid. Shame on you for ignorance!

Ibn Juferi, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  3. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I am sure you can find many articles praising Hitler or Jerry Falwell but it still doesn't change the fact that their ideas is undemocratic and in contradiction of modern civilized societies.
    I am interested to know why you need to hide behind him and some links instead of answering my questions according to your own thoughts and ideas.

gworld, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  4. Polite teen

Polite teen Guest

Best Answers:
    Shameful and wrong actions should not be a phenomena in the Islamic state.
    You can do whatever in privacy, but if you expose your bad actions to public, you will be punished.

The only thing that you will be punished for even if you did them in privacy are murder, rape, steeling and attacking others.

Polite teen, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  5. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Let's say I am a Christian living in an Islamic state and a Muslim kills me or robs me. How will prosecuting this individual differ from how it would be done if I was a fellow Muslim?

Blogmaster, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  6. tempegoreng

tempegoreng Member

Best Answers:
    if he do that, he will get the punishment.. i live on a country that have many different religion. It's not about christian attack or robe muslims man or muslims attack other religion. I think it's just individual not religion, can we say like this "that man is a muslim, he attack me,,,all muslims just like that!" , i think not.

my question now, why you think like that?, "Let's say I am a Christian living in an Islamic state and a Muslim kills me or robs me. How will prosecuting this individual differ from how it would be done if I was a fellow Muslim?"

We are live on modern era now, why you worry about that?. Wake up dude, it's not on ice age anymore...we have rule and something like that.

tempegoreng, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  7. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Just hide what ever you are doing, be it drinking or sex and don't let authority discover what you are doing and you will be fine, is this your idea of IDEAL Islamic state? Dishonesty, secrecy and fear, doesn't sound like an ideal type of society or life.

gworld, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  8. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    That is why I ask, because waking up is on my agenda.

But let's also look at what the Quaran is saying and seperate the politics of a so called Muslim state vs. the scripture and what it says about those things.

9. tempegoreng

tempegoreng Member

Best Answers:
    i think you miss understand dude, i think all man on this world have do some fault. Sex before married, drinking, have fun, lie, fight with other, i think it's normal because we are not an angel. You want to do that?, you must ready to get the punishment...you can't hide from "GOD" about that. Almost of Every people on this planet was do that,,,if you are not, i think you are the honest man on this planet. Glad to meet you...

Please tell me some sample of them? , so we can share and learn together about that. Honestly i am not expert on quran, but i will answer if i know about that. What is the sample?...

10. ash1

ash1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    an islamic state is just that

a land that only caters for muslims under sharia

ash1, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  11. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    There are several passages dealing with infidels and according to the quaran infidels for instance need to pay higher taxes than Muslims.

12. tempegoreng

tempegoreng Member

Best Answers:
    Where you hear and read about that?, on my country taxes just based on "how rich you are", if you have more money, so government will ask you to pay more. Not care about your religion...

13. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    OK what is your country? Different Muslim countries have different choices in how to follow the Quaran. There is a passage in the Quaran stating that and yes, I do know that countries as for example Indonesia are not subjected to that.
    What I am talking about is how a true Islamic state would operate if following the Quaran to the T, what actually is and how different Islamic groups would argue their points as what to constitutes and Islamic state.

sarahk likes this.
  14. Polite teen

Polite teen Guest

Best Answers:
    If I killed you, I will be killed.

Of course, there must be a judgment or government that apply the laws, not the individuals.

Polite teen, Feb 26, 2010 IP
  15. Polite teen

Polite teen Guest

Best Answers:
    You don't need to be so trasparent that you show off your private organs to the public. You have to adopt some "dishonesty, secrecy and fear" to be more civilized or muslim.

16. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    LOL. :D Are you saying that the rquierment for becomeing a good Muslin is to be dishonest, secretive and fearful? :rolleyes:

gworld, Feb 26, 2010 IP
  17. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I didn't know Stalin, I don't know Bin Laden. Should the world mourn their passing? You'll notice my description did not "Celebrate" his passing, but rather described relief. There is a difference. Those who thinks a group of people should be subservient to another based on religious beliefs and advance that agenda politically make the world much scarier for the would be oppressed. It isn't even up for debate.

Why don't you forward the good people at Wikipedia a correction. The encyclopedia lives and dies by peer review. Clicking into your previous links, it took only the reading of the first few paragraphs in each link to gain an understanding of Mr. Faruki's belief system. I'd say his quoted critics in Wikipedia have probably not characterized him incorrectly. By the way, the cries of character assassination are pretty much standard fare for Muslim victimization complex these days. Perhaps it would be better to focus your philosophical efforts on why Budhists don't share these problems on a worldwide basis.

My guess is that the person who carved him and his wife up had such a belief. From what little I've read, I'd concur.

Sadly, I agree with this statement as well.

Their opinions, and yours. You are all welcome to them. Academics have a rather nasty habit of stroking each themselves and obituaries tend to focus on the positive. I, however, have a hard time calling anyone a scholar, or even a logical thinker who can put these words to print.

Obamanation, Feb 26, 2010 IP
  18. Polite teen

Polite teen Guest

Best Answers:
    A little bit, but Not to the full extent as atheists do. Only that kind of "dishonesty" that hide your private organs from public and keep you secretive.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  19. alexispetrov

alexispetrov Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, not to the extent others do but still to be dishonest? .... How is it dishonest to hide one's sexual organs? Muslims hide more than that.

If I have sex in public but no one sees my sexual organs am I a Muslim by your definition, teen?

alexispetrov, Feb 26, 2010 IP
  20. tempegoreng

tempegoreng Member

Best Answers:
    question for you "are you serious want to do that?" , :) . I think you just miss understand about this,,,

tempegoreng, Feb 26, 2010 IP