1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

They banned my account..But I feel funny because...

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by beginner, Apr 5, 2005.

Geee...my adsense account banned for having invalid clicks...even though I think thats not the real problem..This is because...I believe my site is banned for having a site that is targeting some highly pay keywords(Whats wrong with that?I saw some publishers that advertised their sites with adwords at the same time..doing the same thing...Is this some kinds of discrimination or something?????)..and yes..it makes good money for me...about about $1 per clicks..I never get much clicks..but the CPM sometimes go as high as that it makes no sense to me...The funny thing is...I just sent them an email about my payee name...and I think after weeks of having my adsense on my web site...They just realized about it..hours after I sent my email regarding my payee name...So,basically..when u send them an email regarding you account etc...even though u didn't tell them which account it is..I think they can still check it from the email address u sent them the email or your Payee name and have your site a look...geeee...btw...I'm thinking about getting a new account..and get a new website without targeting anything...coz I never know that google is so unfair....they never do anything just becoz those sites paying them cash with their adwords program and for sites that do the same thing but never advertise under adwords will be banned?Hmmm...I feel regret of what happened to me..but at the same time I feel like I want to Laugh out Loudly coz they banned my account! :D

p/s: Sorry for my bad English.... :p

beginner, Apr 5, 2005 IP
    tom22 likes this.
  2. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    The ban applies to you not the account so opening a new account won't get you around that. They will just block the new account.

Are you saying (hand on bible, etc) that you never clicked on any of your own ads even by accident nor did someone else at your request?

Good Luck

yfs1, Apr 5, 2005 IP
  3. l234244

l234244 Peon

Best Answers:
    Cant help but think you are a cheat, as you have just blatantly said you will open up a new account and try again. To do this you will need to give a new name even though your name is already banned, therefore if you can lie about who you how do we know you are not lieing about clicking your own ads.

I apologise if that sounds harsh but thats what it sounds like from your post.

l234244, Apr 5, 2005 IP
  4. maverick

maverick Peon

Best Answers:
    You might have clicked buddy... remember the other evening, you were thinking to click and crosscheck the reports... .. sorry juss kidding....

Actually, if you accidently clicked on your ads, please let G know... well this had been discussed lots of times here... anyways, even I had clicked.. you know how... when you scroll your website with a scroll mouse.. and if accidently you put a little pressure on the scroll button (unfortunately you are just scrolling over the adsense ad), it happens a click ... then you are gone.. cause its clicking on your own ads... so contact G immediately and request them to discount that click... I was just telling one way it happens accidently.. because it happened to me once.. and I was literally scared...

maverick, Apr 5, 2005 IP
  5. yfs1

Best Answers:
    yfs1, Apr 5, 2005 IP
  6. beginner

beginner Peon

Best Answers:
    well...clicking one or 2 times...to be honest..yes that happened before..but..if they say it is becoz of that I think..many ppl out there did the same thing...but I don't think I was banned for having 2 clicks on my own ads....Google can understand that rite?But, If they are talking about me having pages that is targeting adsense..I admit that...it was my fault...but if you ever see some sites that doing advertising with adwords..don't u think they r doing the same thing?Hmmm...and the email shouldn't be about fraud clicks at all...

p/s:I didn't say I'll be getting a new account to do the same thing..I just say that I won't be targetting adsense anymore...ok..roughly..what I mean by targeting adsense is..having pages that describe something roughly..google ads around it...

beginner, Apr 5, 2005 IP
  7. yfs1

Best Answers:
    Zaru - It is against AdSense's TOS to even click once and that money comes out of others pockets.

You're chances of getting back in are very small and your only recourse is to write them an email explaining everything.

More and more details are coming out and I suspect you may get a little bit of a hard time for admitting you

1.) Clicked on your own ads
    2.) Created bad content just to get ads
    3.) Are planning to do this with other affiliates.

I won't flame you though..You made a mistake now its probably best to move on and never do it again.

Welcome to DP

yfs1, Apr 5, 2005 IP
  8. beginner

beginner Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah...I know it was against the TOS....I took the risk to understand what is the pattern of program like adsense having..I mean...I never meant to fraud..it just that what topic will give you higher pay...honestly...if you ever see the pages...normally ppl will click on the banner..coz..there is no other links than adsense links...just to share something about it..normally if ppl get to that page..it means they are looking for something...and when they see not much info there...they will click on the links they see...in this case..the adsense ads...

beginner, Apr 5, 2005 IP
  9. beginner

beginner Peon

Best Answers:
    No...sorry..that won't happen again...actually..I have expected that they will ban my account after they find out what kind of pages I'm having....but..the sad thing is..when after I finished my research..and in the process of having a real website....they banned me....But I'm still hoping for the 2nd chance..and with all the things that I'm having in my head...I think...its gonna be very helpful to me...

beginner, Apr 5, 2005 IP
  10. beginner

beginner Peon

Best Answers:
    ok..its late here..talk to you guys tomorrow... :)

beginner, Apr 5, 2005 IP
  11. SportsOutlaw

SportsOutlaw Active Member

Best Answers:
    I may be totally wrong, but I dont think you are going to have a problem if you click on your ads once in a while. Hell, the ad might be something you are interested in.

Or say someone where you work is looking at your site and clicks on an ad. The IP address is the same as your computer. Are you supposed to put up a notice all throughout where you work that it is illegal to click on ads from your site?

I think google looks for constant clicks, not an occasional click. Like I said though, I may be wrong. and if I am, there are probably alot of people that get kicked out of adsense through no fault of their own.

SportsOutlaw, Apr 5, 2005 IP
    tom22 likes this.
  12. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Too bad. Do a search.

Yes! Or block AS from being shown "in-house".

Crazy_Rob, Apr 5, 2005 IP
  13. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:
    If google says it's because of invalid clicks, there isn't a reason to think they would be lying. If you broke their TOS in another way, they would tell you that's why the account was being banned. So i highly doubt it had to do with the content of your site.

wendydettmer, Apr 5, 2005 IP
  14. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    "They banned my account..But I feel funny because... IT TOOK THEM SO LONG TO FIGURE OUT 99% OF THE CLICKS WERE MY OWN"

debunked, Apr 5, 2005 IP
    wendydettmer likes this.
  15. l234244

l234244 Peon

Best Answers:
    How much had you earnt and how long had you been doing it before they banned your account?

l234244, Apr 5, 2005 IP
  16. beginner

beginner Peon

Best Answers:
    About A month I think...The Last time I checked few days b4 I get banned...USD 119 I guess..that is what I remember..I'll ask my friend the correct amount..coz he was the one taking care my account since 2 weeks ago..coz I was having college exam,so couldn't be online much...I get about 300-500 visitors a day....

beginner, Apr 5, 2005 IP
  17. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    You can now make that a big fat zero USD. Unless Google have already paid you before disabling your account, it is extremely unlikely to the point of no-chance, that you will receive any payment at all.

mcfox, Apr 6, 2005 IP
  18. yfs1

Best Answers:
    I think qualifying for your first check triggers some type of IP review because that seems to be when most frauds are banned. I'm not sure if thats so they don't have to credit back advertisers or if they just want to not waste resources on people who get .03 a day.

yfs1, Apr 6, 2005 IP
  19. paymentapprovaltooslow

paymentapprovaltooslow Banned

Best Answers:
    It doesnt matter if you have $.05 ads or $5 ads..invalid clicks are invalid clicks and they are all weighed the same. Google will diable an account when a certain threashold of 'invalid clicks' is reached and there isn't much you can do about it when it does happen. I earn between $3-20/click consistantly without problems for many months so I guess its bad luck or something.

paymentapprovaltooslow, Apr 6, 2005 IP
  20. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    I agree with yfs1, chaulk it up for learning and move on. I would send explaination email to Google begging for reinstatement and state that you made honest mistakes that will not occur again...failing that, oh well.

Take these lessons with you when you join Yahoo :)

Homer, Apr 6, 2005 IP