1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to Get Targetted Traffic for a Website Except from Search Engines?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by HZ-WebSol, Feb 25, 2010.

Hi,

I want to know how to get targeted visitors to a business websites except from the Search Engines?

Regards
    HZ

HZ-WebSol, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  2. ResaleBroker

ResaleBroker Active Member

Best Answers:
    Have you considered "off-line" advertising? Many of the people I know who get crazy amounts of traffic do so by driving traffic to their websites via off-line sources.

ResaleBroker, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  3. jrbaiw

jrbaiw Peon

Best Answers:
    Pay per click will give you lazer-targeted visitors.

jrbaiw, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  4. cjmo75

cjmo75 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Have you thought about article marketing? That's the process of writing and submitting niche-related articles to article directories on the web. These directories allow you to put a link to your website on the bottom of your article and it will drive targeted traffic to your site that way. Also, other webmasters can use your articles on their blogs or websites, as long as they keep your links intact. If you write a good article, you can get massive exposure as well as many backlinks like this. The backlinks will improve your page rank and raise your standing on Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc. I only submit to 4 directories and that's all you reallly need if they are the best ones. I think the four best are Ezine Articles, Go Articles, Idea Marketers, and Article Dashboard. You'll need to get a free membership to each before you start to submit articles. This is also reffered to as "Bum Marketing". Do a Google search for "bum marketing" if you want to learn more. Hope this helps you.

cjmo75, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  5. MarkAse

MarkAse Peon

Best Answers:
    Article marketing and PPC can work, participating on blogs and forums within your niche can also drive targeted traffic as well as Hubpages and other Web 2.0 properties.

MarkAse, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  6. Jericho33

Jericho33 Peon

Best Answers:
    Only other thing I didn't see mentioned is social networking. Network with others on Facebook, twitter, and linkedin.

Jericho33, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  7. plumtree

plumtree Guest

Best Answers:
    I second the social networks methods. there are thousands of subgroups within all the main social media outlets

plumtree, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  8. zerolimits

zerolimits Peon

Best Answers:
    Just throwing out a few ideas ...

You can always do Pay Per View Advertising where the cost is based on every 1,000 views (CPM).

Also, simple banner adverts in specific websites related to your niche. You'd have to get in contact with the webmaster and find out how much they charge.

Also if you have an email list, doing a joint venture can get you more traffic to a specific offer you might have in mind.

zerolimits, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  9. kalki411

kalki411 Peon

Best Answers:

wrong...Pay per view is not targeted at all!:eek: we want quality traffic, not people who are trying to look at as many sites as possible!

kalki411, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  10. cjmo75

cjmo75 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Another thing you can do is find blogs and forums in your niche and leave good comments. Many people do this but they don't leave anything worthwhile in their comment or forum post. If you leave some good info then the reader will want to check out your website or blog and seek out more quality content from you. As far as traffic exchanges and safelists go, I've never had too much luck. It seems everyone is trying to do the same thing and that is just get as many hits as possible. The problem is that most of the time the people are just mindlessly surfing sites as fast as possible and not even looking at them. In my opinion, it's a waste of time and energy.

cjmo75, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  11. usproblogger

usproblogger Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    press release distribution

usproblogger, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  12. jrbaiw

jrbaiw Peon

Best Answers:
    ...and YouTube. Make a video, upload it and add your web address in the comments/description section.

jrbaiw, Feb 26, 2010 IP
  13. kalki411

kalki411 Peon

Best Answers:
    Mainly you just need good content and then you post that content on other sites that get lots of traffic.:D I know you are looking for a solution that is easy and fast, but build good content is the best and only thing that really works plus a little bit of SEO. For example i started 3 months ago and I was making about $0.0003 cents a day, now after writing tons of articles and posting videos I'm making 13-15$ a day on average.:eek: hope this helps

kalki411, Feb 26, 2010 IP