1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google HACKED by Chinese government!

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by denniss, Feb 24, 2010.

Hey y'all, some sad news... Quite likely all your personal and financial data is in the hands of the Chinese government and hackers now.

So, beware....

Original story here: Online Banking Customers, Beware: Chinese Government Is After Your Financial And Personal Data

And I really wonder, what can Google do with stuff like this? I mean, they keep so much information on us (imagine how much info AdSense / AdWords itself has!!! on all the bank accounts, etc....)... Wouldn't they be liable if someone (=Chinese government, in this case) would steal our personal data FROM THEM and was to use it to pull some scam/fraud on us?

denniss, Feb 24, 2010 IP
  2. Lex350

Lex350 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So..what exactly is China going to do with all our personal and financial information anyways? Make illegal purchases on Ebay China.

Lex350, Feb 24, 2010 IP
  3. sivaganesh

sivaganesh Member

Best Answers:
    LOL.. if i was a hacker in the scenario, i would have the global directory of all people information regardless of the nation.. :X

sivaganesh, Feb 24, 2010 IP
  4. denniss

denniss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Basically, don't be surprised if one day your monthly AdSense payment gets redirected to a hijacked (or created in your name!!!) bank account or WU name (or if someone receives your WU deposit before you do;)). Could happen if the Chinese govt. is missing some money, and if they have details of ALL AdSense and associated Gogle services accounts. (e.g.)... well, let's say they just take everyone's payout from AdSense, ONCE ;))))

denniss, Feb 24, 2010 IP
  5. bob50963

bob50963 Peon

Best Answers:
    They will purchase there own replica goods off of Ebay. I mean they even replicate tooth paste brands!

bob50963, Feb 24, 2010 IP
  6. believer1984

believer1984 Peon

Best Answers:
    Im sure Google will do something about this. They can't just waste their reputation like that!

believer1984, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  7. seoget

seoget Peon

Best Answers:
    oh.. i do not like this type of things.. why any buddy's data they want.. :( really not good news for rest of world

seoget, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  8. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    didnt they say that not any passwords or anything was comprimised ??

Bohra, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  9. templates

templates Notable Member

Best Answers:
    nobody is safe from being hacked nowadays

templates, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  10. bdprem.com

bdprem.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Can anybody have any updated info? Is hacker can enter my email address?If I change my password, what will be happen? Besides,my bank account & credit card added on google checkout. There have any opportunity to hack my bank account & credit card info?
    Please give here more updated & present conditions.

bdprem.com, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  11. silaynon

silaynon Peon

Best Answers:
    It is alleged that the Hacker is from China but accusing the Government I think is a no brainer comment... I am not Chinese but this thread is a little bit unfair...

silaynon, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  12. sydzapp

sydzapp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The OP has mentioned that the Chinese programmer responsible was closely attached to the Chinese Government. You cannot deny any allegations. Even Google had brought up this matter a while ago and if true its a serious case of violating privacy and China could be in a hell lotta trouble from being cut-off from the world in many ways(digitally i mean)

sydzapp, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  13. WebmasterTrends

WebmasterTrends Peon

Best Answers:
    This has been discussed back and forth for quite some time now, but the latest news according to The Wall Street Journal is that Google now are in the talks with China again. :)

WebmasterTrends, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  14. silaynon

silaynon Peon

Best Answers:
    I am following this news everyday since the very first day it was announced... Yes, the sources of hacking came from 2 government schools that have close ties with military... Everyone can accuse everyone but not until proven guilty... China has a very strict censorship but I will not comment until proven guilty on this matter...

BTW, 3 Google executives have been charged in Italy for privacy violations (in case you are not aware)....

silaynon, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  15. azharalibuttar

azharalibuttar Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think so that Chinese Government has done anything in this regard. Google has been banned for quite some time in china, I think that's why Google is trying to push china to restore the services smoothly. This is my personal thinking, there may be other aspects as well

azharalibuttar, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  16. Heothanhtinh

Heothanhtinh Member

Best Answers:
    China hate google so much lol.A big country with great maket always have high risk

Heothanhtinh, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  17. TheBankBreaker

TheBankBreaker Peon

Best Answers:
    They are going to use it to send "free" food to our houses with lead in it.

TheBankBreaker, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  18. bewise

bewise Peon

Best Answers:
    They say that the next great war will be a cyber war and not a physical one. We are now so dependent upon the internet to run virtually all aspects of our economy. It is no suprise that Governments are working closely with hackers. Imagine if a country could take down the payment systems, medical records, Government data centres containing tax information and ither welfare information about individuals and the mobile phone networks at the same time. There would be pandamoniam as that particular country would not be able to function.

The fact is we are reliant upon the internet now for our countries to function. The weakness the internet has (in terms of safety) is that it can be accessed remotely and it is only as secure as people make it. This means that the security in place can and will be breached. If a particular country could do all of the above, it could hold a country to ransom, even worse execute a cyber attack and we would be left unable to communicate, unable to pay for basic things, like food and the government would be unable to account for us... That's it I'm going on a survival course so that I can hunt rabbits and grow my own food!

bewise, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  19. asbestos

asbestos Active Member

Best Answers:
    i always thought that giving too much info to 1 company will end bad. thats why i dont use gmail for example that scans all messages

asbestos, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  20. wokaka

wokaka Peon

Best Answers:
    lol they deserve it...do no evil my ass

wokaka, Feb 25, 2010 IP