1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Free advise for SEO for a starter

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Misanthr, Feb 24, 2010.

Greetings,

I was wondering if someone could donate the time to check my site to see what I can improve to have good SEO. The site has been running for about 4 months and we already hit the first page in google for specific targeted keywords but I want to improve it. For this project we work on in our spare time getting paid help is just not an option. If you can give advise to improve the google ranking please do. It is a small site at the moment.

Site:
    MansonQuotes.com

Misanthr, Feb 24, 2010 IP
  2. MarkAse

MarkAse Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm no on-site expert, but you have less then 30 backlinks.

Perhaps spending some time creating videos, writing articles and crafting a few profile type links would be a good use of your time. Backlinks will help in SERPS considering your site is already fairing extremely well.

MarkAse, Feb 24, 2010 IP
    Misanthr likes this.
  3. 1SEONewby

1SEONewby Peon

Best Answers:
    You might find the free seo tool websitegrader.com helpful. I use this frequently and its amazing how quickly and accurately it can help you identify problem areas in your site.

Best wishes,

1SEONewby, Feb 24, 2010 IP
    Misanthr likes this.
  4. nickardo

nickardo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, I am going to your website.
    First thing that I recognize is the long loading time, might be my internet, or you should lower the data that needs to be downloaded. As comparison, my website is only 7kb of data and 100kb of pictures to load.

Then I saw that you have almost no text on the website, if you want to optimize a page, it should contain at least 300 words, and the perfect size is 500-600 words, this is because otherwise your keywords will have a too high density.

Looking at your meta data I see ''"KEYWORDS" CONTENT="marilyn manson quotes,marilyn manson quote,Marilyn Manson,manson quotes,manson quote,''

I think you shouldnt multiply keywords, as it will lower the other keywords, the more keywords the less important they will become. quote and quotes doesnt make that much of a difference.

In your title I see 1 keyword, I should add more like: marlin manson quotes, videos, lyrics etc etc but not too much, just a few, the ones that are most important.

nickardo, Feb 24, 2010 IP
    Misanthr likes this.
  5. Misanthr

Misanthr Peon

Best Answers:

Thank you for the in depth analysis. It means a lot. I will look into the loading, that can be adjusted. The keywords will be optimized and the title as well. Thank you very much

But, the text on the index page will be difficult. I like the simple design. It is easy on the eyes and it was a design I had in my head before I even started. I doubt I can get to 300 words, Maybe if I am lucky 100, but the main text is dynamic so I do not know how that will go with SEO

I will take the information provided and forward it to the team that I have working on this. They are all watching this post. I really appreciate everyone's help and time. Thanks

Misanthr, Feb 24, 2010 IP
  6. jason1987

jason1987 Peon

Best Answers:
    Try to get more and more backlinks for your website. Go for niche related links more.

jason1987, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  7. Bartgatbsy

Bartgatbsy Peon

Best Answers:
    Social bookmarking helps too. Submit your site to digg, stumbleupon, mixx, propeller, etc.

Bartgatbsy, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  8. james.parker

james.parker Peon

Best Answers:
    Please get the possible back links from relevant domains to improve the visibility of your website over the main search engines.

james.parker, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  9. natalie84

natalie84 Peon

Best Answers:
    add alt text in images on your sites, building back link for your website

natalie84, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  10. seo555

seo555 Peon

Best Answers:
    first generate more an more backlink and use original content in website and submission. also use all white hat SEO techniques

seo555, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  11. unknownpray

unknownpray Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your website is very heavy or some thing wrong coz it take loading time, you should reduced it, you can see the problem in speed test (google webmaster tools)

unknownpray, Mar 23, 2010 IP
  12. emailm

emailm Peon

Best Answers:
    Freshers need to be concentrate on , onpage optimization.

emailm, Mar 24, 2010 IP