1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Delayed Release to Avoid Google Spam Policy

Discussion in 'Google' started by yaffiliate, Feb 23, 2010.

I am building a new site that I know will end up around 200,000 pages when I am done. The domain is a few years old but there was never more than a couple of pages on it.

The site is being built dynamically and the content should be unique. That said, I am concerned that if I launch the site immediately with all 200k pages, Google may think I am trying to spam them and never allow the site and all the pages to get indexed.

So I am attempting to do a delayed release, and grow the pages exponentially over time. Does anyone have experience with this? I would really like some guidance on how long to delay and how many pages to release at once.

Please feel free to PM me or post to this thread. Thanks in advance for the help.

yaffiliate, Feb 23, 2010 IP
  2. lightlysalted

lightlysalted Active Member

Best Answers:
    The real question is what the 200K pages consist of, and do you actually need that many. If it is a forum and these are threads then fine, but if it is spam scrapped from article directories then I wouldn't bother. Either way there is no hard or fast rule about whether google will judge it to be spam. However my experience with websites is that google likes organic growth and gets suspicious about overnight websites, that appear content ready. Hope it works out for you, but my suggestion wuld be to focus on quality rather than quantity

lightlysalted, Feb 23, 2010 IP
  3. larysmith711

larysmith711 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    A delayed release of 200k pages could take you a long time. If your website isn't spammy then just let it rip.

larysmith711, Feb 23, 2010 IP
  4. Ntendo

Ntendo Member

Best Answers:
    Let it rip, THEN let Google index you.

Ntendo, Feb 23, 2010 IP
  5. champion510

champion510 Member

Best Answers:
    What he said. It really matters what these 200k pages consist? if it's repeated information or copied then it's no good. if it's unique content, blogs, forum discussions, wiki pages then yes it is useful. Google will take a while to index them.

champion510, Feb 23, 2010 IP
  6. wind233

wind233 Peon

Best Answers:
    If your website is not spammy, then do not worry about how fast you create the pages. Google will index the pages according to it's own time.

wind233, Feb 23, 2010 IP
  7. JeddahBikers

JeddahBikers Guest

Best Answers:
    If you're going to publish unique content , then don't worry .

JeddahBikers, Feb 23, 2010 IP
  8. Jumpness

Jumpness Member

Best Answers:
    Does having a forum on your website help or hurt?

Jumpness, Feb 23, 2010 IP