1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much does your ecommerce site make?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by SHO, Feb 21, 2010.

How much does your ecommerce site make and what niche are you in? I see so many sites and always wondered how much other sites make.

SHO, Feb 21, 2010 IP
  2. agptek

agptek Peon

Best Answers:
    Depend on the product type, one website provide laptop battery may $100/day, $1000/day or $10000/day

agptek, Feb 21, 2010 IP
  3. servar33

servar33 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I work for a company that makes $75000 a day.

servar33, Feb 22, 2010 IP
  4. SHO

SHO Peon

Best Answers:
    what niche? if you guys want you dont have to put the domain just put the amount and niche. The reason I ask is I hear people that are making big money while others tell me very small amounts so I was wondering how the people in this forum are doing.

SHO, Feb 22, 2010 IP
  5. rbaker

rbaker Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure you will find a lot of people willing to provide their niche. No one really wants increased competition. My last ecommerce site brought in a steady $8k per month, but I recently sold it for a year's worth of revenue. Time to lather, rinse, and repeat.

rbaker, Feb 22, 2010 IP
  6. SHO

SHO Peon

Best Answers:
    since you sold it what was your niche?

SHO, Feb 22, 2010 IP
  7. haiwin

haiwin Peon

Best Answers:
    I paid $500 for my site,which is necktie store online

haiwin, Feb 22, 2010 IP
  8. christyzen

christyzen Peon

Best Answers:
    At first i was earning very low for my computer peripheral online shop, After that i just made my shop using AJ Shopping cart software which is user friendly to my customers now am earning good than before.

christyzen, Feb 22, 2010 IP
  9. kozyavka

kozyavka Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am afraid no one will disclose to you the niche they are in if they really make money. You said "I see so many sites", but didn't specify in which niche you see them;) So, if you'd like to know if this niche you are interested in is profitable or not, try to rephrase your question.;)

kozyavka, Feb 23, 2010 IP
  10. SHO

SHO Peon

Best Answers:
    the niches I was looking at were electronics, skin products, cologne, party supplies, clothes, these are just some. Do people make money in these niches?

SHO, Feb 23, 2010 IP
  11. joelchrist

joelchrist Banned

Best Answers:
    joelchrist, Feb 23, 2010 IP
  12. rbaker

rbaker Peon

Best Answers:
    There are individuals making money in every niche, otherwise you wouldn't see websites in those niches. The question is: Can <i>you</i> make money in a specific niche? Every industry is different, the profit margins will be different, the competition will be different, etc. These factors (and others) determine how easy it is to make money in a specific niche.

Do you have any knowledge/information about a specific niche that sets you apart from the majority? Do you know someone who has worked in the industry? Do you have a supplier(s) in mind? How do you plan on promoting your site? Can you think of instances that would make one niche easier to promote than another?

The bottom line is that regardless of the niche, possibly other than if you've had prior success with information products, you are going to have to work hard at making your site a success. You don't become successful just because you picked a highly profitable niche.

To answer your question more directly though:
    Electronics is a very broad category and not really a niche. That being said, most electronics have small profit margins. For a lot of electronics, cameras and gaming consoles for instance, most of the profit is made on accessories and not the big ticket item.
    Skin care products usually do well, but sourcing them can be problematic. Of course, you can always be an affiliate for the large sites in this industry.
    Cologne I actually do not know a lot about as I've never been involved in that industry in any way.
    Party Supplies is a very seasonal industry with a lot of low ticket items making the bulk of the sales. If you know how to get lots of targeted traffic you shouldn't have a problem though.
    Clothes is another broad category. What brands did you have in mind? Were you planning on marketing high-end labels to a sophisticated shopper or more casual items to the Average Joe? Do you want to push formal wear, sports apparel, plus sized items, etc?

So there is a lot to think about. My suggestion would be to pick the topic you know the most about and try to find vendors in that category. Sourcing is everything. Once you find a supplier, just jump in. Create a site and work hard on it every day. Learn about SEO, PPC, conversion factors, site design and layout, etc or be willing to pay someone for their expertise in these areas.

rbaker, Feb 24, 2010 IP
  13. jvfconsulting

jvfconsulting Active Member

Best Answers:
    One of my niche ecommerce sites has almost fell off the map with the bad economy. I'll be lucky if an order comes thru once a week for it, while others its busy.

jvfconsulting, Feb 24, 2010 IP
  14. djdezastur

djdezastur Peon

Best Answers:
    my site makes around $500 to 1k a day

mostly selling laptops.

djdezastur, Feb 26, 2010 IP
  15. haiwin

haiwin Peon

Best Answers:
    I am running tie store online, making profit $2000 monthly

haiwin, Feb 27, 2010 IP