1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

the best shopping cart????

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by nshadab, Feb 10, 2010.

1. FlexiHost

FlexiHost Member

Best Answers:
    Thnanks for that, will go check it out.

FlexiHost, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  2. wpprofi

wpprofi Peon

Best Answers:
    If wordpress, search for shopperpress. It's a whole theme.

wpprofi, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  3. ChPeter

ChPeter Peon

Best Answers:
    "Zen Cart puts the merchant's and shopper's requirements first. Similarly, other programs are nearly impossible to install and use without an IT degree, Zen Cart can be installed and set-up by anyone with the most basic computer skills.Zen Cart addresses many of the goals we set:
    - make the program easy to set up
    - make it easy to customize
    - automate tasks, such as order confirmation
    - make navigation simple
    - built in promotions; discount coupons, gift certificates, newsletters and product notification
    - offer single item specials and storewide discounts (group discounts and quantity discounts - Coming in future editions)
    - built in Search Engine Optimization tools
    - password protect the Administration Tool (administration "levels" - Coming in future editions)
    - support multiple languages, currencies and tax structures
    - In short, Zen Cart is shopping cart software the way it should have been all along.
    Zen Cart gives web designers a robust and customizable electronic storefront that's easy to keep up-to-date with new features.
    It provides usable, intuitive and unobtrusive purchase flows right out of the box based on proven industry best-practices - there are no major revisions required to get things right for your clients!"

Do you agree?

ChPeter, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  4. justbartlett

justbartlett Peon

Best Answers:
    @danniboi33: You are the man! I was looking forever for a shopping cart plugin that I could Implement for a client's website that I am working on! I'm using WPMU and buddypress and I never thought to look for a basic wordpress plugin. Man I can be dumb sometimes; thank you so much! happy +Rep for danni!

justbartlett, Feb 18, 2010 IP
  5. danniboi33

danniboi33 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the props. I have built 3 MU sites and have one right now that is rocking with all the plugins. You would be surprised what I have been able to make work on the MU site that they told me never would. When there is a will, there is always a way.

Are you in the mortgage buisness?

danniboi33, Feb 18, 2010 IP
  6. justbartlett

justbartlett Peon

Best Answers:
    Good stuff. I think I'm finally getting the hang of MU; I'm surprised that more people aren't using it. I was in commercial lending up until a year ago, now I own a loan modification group. I'm considering starting a web design / seo company I get a crap ton of referrals from past clients and colleagues. How about you? Are you in real estate / seo?

7. danniboi33

danniboi33 Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually, all three. We run an online real estate network that was built on WPMU and BP called http://positiverealestateprofessionals.com. I am also one of the co-owners of http://randdart.com, a web development company. Lastly, we also run an SEO site called http://seoinfonow.com. So, if there is any way that I can be of service to you or any of your clients, don't hesitate to ask.

8. justbartlett

justbartlett Peon

Best Answers:
    Definitely and likewise. If you want to send me your contact info that would be great; my email is ; maybe we can bounce ideas off of each other from time to time or trade links. I'm currently working on a new WPMU site for a client at mortgage-reverse.org; if you've got any feedback or ideas I'll definitely implement them. Unfortunately I upgraded to buddypress 1.2 so I've got a good deal of updating to do on the theme to get everything functional; hopefully I'll have this one launched by the end of the month. I'm also working on a company website over at websiteseos.com and I've got a pet project that I'm throwing BuddyPress on that eventually I'll get around to at blggg.com; I'd like it to be something like SEO Chat but with more user-interactivity; if you wan't to collaborate on that one that would be great!

9. danniboi33

danniboi33 Peon

Best Answers:
    Justin, we just launched http://seoinfonow.com and have a domain called blogstartoday.com that we are still trying to figure out. I have one mortgage site up for sale since I am no longer in the mortgage business.

10. inta

inta Peon

Best Answers:
    for a quick and simple solution try basket2go

inta, Feb 18, 2010 IP
  11. spottraining

spottraining Active Member

Best Answers:
    what You want to sell?
    Each cart has its + and -
    I made some list (now its old, but You can check it)
    http://freesoftnews.com/archives/9611

spottraining, Feb 21, 2010 IP
  12. joelchrist

joelchrist Banned

Best Answers:
    Why not? I wanna suggest you the shopping cart which i am using for my online shop. AJ shopping cart is the best one i found to start my shop with plenty of facilities with 24 hrs customer support. try it out.

www.ajsquare.com/products/ecom/index.php

joelchrist, Feb 21, 2010 IP
  13. baby-boy

baby-boy Member

Best Answers:
    osCommerce. You will even be able to use their affiliate funtions.

baby-boy, Feb 22, 2010 IP
  14. artok

artok Peon

Best Answers:
    zen cart and agora shooping cart

artok, Feb 22, 2010 IP
  15. servar33

servar33 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I work with x-cart. Not perfect but adjustible. You simply need a nice programmer ;)

servar33, Feb 22, 2010 IP
  16. dangdatkat

dangdatkat Peon

Best Answers:
    Should I worry about security problems using OSCommerce? It doesn't seem like there is much development with the core architecture anymore.

dangdatkat, Feb 22, 2010 IP
  17. fashionsupplier

fashionsupplier Member

Best Answers:
    for me, one of the best shopping carts i've used is Interspire, you gotta pay, but all i can say, its all worth it.

fashionsupplier, Feb 22, 2010 IP
  18. odwalker

odwalker Peon

Best Answers:
    x-cart is the best paid I think

odwalker, Feb 24, 2010 IP
  19. wendy.wang

wendy.wang Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are really interested in an innovative shopping cart. You can take a look at this free shopping cart: TomatoCart. Its desktop like admin panel will give users excellent experiences on customizing their stores.

wendy.wang, Feb 24, 2010 IP
  20. Pavol

Pavol Peon

Best Answers:
    I personally like Foxycart. Mostly, because it is nothing like ZenCart or OSCommerce, in that it is not a CMS. Just the cart and checkout itself, that integrates seamlessly into pretty much any design and most CMS's too (I typically use Modx). This allows for a great deal of customization, both in functionality and looks. Basically, you design your web site, and then you plug in Foxycart, unlike for most other shopping carts, where the look is more or less predefined (or changes require significant 'hacking'). But because Foxycart it not a CMS, you will need to set up one with your product inventory. So it definitely is not for everyone.

Pavol, Feb 25, 2010 IP